Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
C21Mr.May 16
Vermont 15
Trouble 15
David Hunter 13
Z06Fanatic 13
sky's the limit 11
Lucky Leonardo 9
RonnieEmz 9
Daniel1234 7
Marksmith 6
YourAgentVon 5
miracle 5
RedTexan 4
rjlocal22 4
TheBPOExpert 4
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#336781 - 05/03/10 07:58 PM Trouble getting site to load
Home Seller Guru Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I love this forum but I can only get the webpage to come up every once in a while. I thought maybe it was fixed when I could get on 3 days in a row a while back, but today is the first time I could get the webpage to open in about 2 weeks I think.

Is there some setting I need on my computer? Thanks!!

#336785 - 05/03/10 08:44 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

Loc: Global
There have been some issues with DOS attacks which we are working through. It came to a head about a week ago - when you were last here and posting. The server needed restarting this morning as well so you may have had problems with the site this morning. In between it has been fairly trouble free with no resource alerts and the site seemed to be working well everytime I was here.

It may be that you were being blocked by the firewall in the last week. Because of the DOS issues, IPs are blocked automatically for a while if there is any unusual activity from the IP.

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/realestateforums

#336791 - 05/03/10 09:26 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I was going to email you regarding some unusual activity I've noticed only this past week.

I am now frequently getting logged off . . . . when in the past, I've been logged on almost continuously for days at a time. Somuchso that I had forgotten my password.

I'm also having difficulty navigating around within the site:

Drop-Down Menus for places like Forum List, Active Topics, My Stuff, and Who's OnLine will present themselves, and I'll make a selection, but we never go anywhere. I'll have to exit IE8 and re-enter to get things to loosen up.

Also just clicking on a Thread Topic, which will usually open up the most recent page of that thread, now often goes no where.

I thought that maybe some of my settings, or perhaps having to run in "compatibility mode" might be an issue, so I was waiting until I saw more of a discernible pattern emerge before saying anything.

Just some observations . . . . which might bear a similarity to those of others.

#336793 - 05/03/10 09:38 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Vermont]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

I will have to investigate this further. I don't use IE but perhaps I will for a while and see if I have similar problems.

You may have been logged out more often than in the past. There have been some software upgrades on the server recently that would have done that during the upgrade. The server reboot this morning would probably have logged you out as well.

#336795 - 05/03/10 09:42 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
CALIF DREAMING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey, California
I thought I was the only one that happened to. I was automatically logged out too last week and had to e-mail Admin for my PW since it has been years that I have had no Log In and PW issues.

#336813 - 05/03/10 11:47 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: CALIF DREAMING]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

The forums seem to be working for me in IE8 right now. I do notice that with IE you need to make sure that you check the "remember me" box when you login. Otherwise you will probably get logged out everytime you close IE. I have noticed that on my computers Windows Update has been rebooting my computers in the middle of the night a few times in the last few weeks - that would log you out if "remember me" was not checked.

#382894 - 07/14/11 09:26 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
bommel Offline

Loc: usa
Yes i am agree with you.Ans some time problem when we open the site.

#382926 - 07/14/11 03:00 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: bommel]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I was in yesterday but when I attempted to move to another forum, the screen just hung there. It did that several times so I logged out for awhile and then it was working again.

#384773 - 07/29/11 11:18 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Vermont]
DRSRK Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: Vermont
I was going to email you regarding some unusual activity I've noticed only this past week.

I am now frequently getting logged off . . . . when in the past, I've been logged on almost continuously for days at a time. Somuchso that I had forgotten my password.

I'm also having difficulty navigating around within the site:

Drop-Down Menus for places like Forum List, Active Topics, My Stuff, and Who's OnLine will present themselves, and I'll make a selection, but we never go anywhere. I'll have to exit IE8 and re-enter to get things to loosen up.

Also just clicking on a Thread Topic, which will usually open up the most recent page of that thread, now often goes no where.

I thought that maybe some of my settings, or perhaps having to run in "compatibility mode" might be an issue, so I was waiting until I saw more of a discernible pattern emerge before saying anything.

Just some observations . . . . which might bear a similarity to those of others.

The last two days I have exsperienced the same problems as Vermont only with Firefox. When I use Internet Explorer it works fine. Any ideals what is going on?
“There are no secrets to success: don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.” Colin Powell

#384780 - 07/29/11 12:09 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

The post you quoted is over a year old. Since then we found that IE's problem is an issue with having to add the forum to its "trusted sites" list in Windows 7.

I don't know of any issues with Firefox other than it doesn't seem to handle flash very well. I often end up with lots of tabs open and if one or two are running flash ads in the background (news sites for example) I run into problems with hanging and crashing.

#384783 - 07/29/11 12:22 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
DRSRK Offline

Originally Posted By: Admin
The post you quoted is over a year old. Since then we found that IE's problem is an issue with having to add the forum to its "trusted sites" list in Windows 7.

I don't know of any issues with Firefox other than it doesn't seem to handle flash very well. I often end up with lots of tabs open and if one or two are running flash ads in the background (news sites for example) I run into problems with hanging and crashing.

I knew Vermonts post was old but I was experencing the same issues only with Firefox.When I use IE I do not have the problems. Sometimes the main page will load right up but then I cannot navigate onto the sub pages with Firefox.
“There are no secrets to success: don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.” Colin Powell

#384784 - 07/29/11 12:32 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

If anyone else is having an issue with Firefox please enlighten us so we can try and track it down.

A possible suspect would be that the page is waiting for your browser to load an item from another site (a remote avatar for example) and will not do anything else until that item loads.

Anybody else have suggestions?

#384785 - 07/29/11 01:50 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
DRSRK Offline

Originally Posted By: Admin
If anyone else is having an issue with Firefox please enlighten us so we can try and track it down.

A possible suspect would be that the page is waiting for your browser to load an item from another site (a remote avatar for example) and will not do anything else until that item loads.

Anybody else have suggestions?

Well here is what I did.Reloaded Firefox and now can go to all pages as long as I click on each one.If I try to use the back button it will not load the previous page. Any ideals?

#384787 - 07/29/11 02:04 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

It may be a browser cache issue since by using the back button Firefox would be trying to load a page it had been to before. Try flushing your browser cache and then rebooting Firefox.

I don't know offhand how to do this with Firefox.

#391013 - 10/05/11 06:46 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Admin]
PPM Apts Offline

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
[quote=Admin]It may be a browser cache issue since by using the back button Firefox would be trying to load a page it had been to before. Try flushing your browser cache and then rebooting Firefox.[/quote]

In Firefox you go to Tools > Options > Clear Recent History.

I've found that despite Firefox's improvements it's still quite a memory hog. Also, whenever I try to load a page with flash it hangs and so do all my other Firefox tabs. Have switched to Chrome now, which is simple and easy to use.

#395864 - 11/30/11 05:06 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Shannon22 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Maybe try and update your browser setting? Or switch to a different version like Firefox or Chrome. That's worked for me in the past when I couldn't load specific pages of a website.

#397957 - 01/02/12 09:38 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
LisaDodds Offline

Loc: UAE
Well I m also facing problem when I try to post reply I get error but when I refresh the page it works and msg posted successfully

#402646 - 03/05/12 12:58 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: LisaDodds]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Anyone else having problems with I.E. recently?

This thread is the closest I can come to in finding I.E.8 problem without going through 10 pages of various threads.

Last week I.E. decided it was going to automatically upgrade my computer to I.E.8 without my consent. This happened once before and I had to search the web to figure out how to get it off and back to I.E.7.

My computer life is screwed up again - nothing's working well...and now, it WANTS to upgrade to I.E.9 but it hasn't done it on its own yet.

Foxfire has been working fairly well, but, I want my I.E. back and I want it working WELL - I don't care what version.

Anyone else having problems with I.E. recently?

#403700 - 03/21/12 09:13 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: VABroker]
CharterPacific Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
[quote]Foxfire has been working fairly well, but, I want my I.E. back and I want it working WELL - I don't care what version.[/quote]

What is it? Foxfire or Firefox? Just curious, please don't get be offended.

#403744 - 03/22/12 12:22 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: CharterPacific]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Firefox...it does work well although some r.e.websites look different but at least functional whereas this new I.E.8 (was it 8?) only loads about 90% of the page - very frustrating. Course, all my 'favorites' are also on I.E.

Last time it did this, I had to search for directions on how to get back to I.E. 6 or 7. I don't like change if change isn't good or better...now it's just worse. "Thanks for the new and improved update I.E."

#403770 - 03/22/12 01:10 PM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: VABroker]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: VABroker
all my 'favorites' are also on I.E.

Open firefox > click on bookmarks > click on 'show all boomarks' > click on "import and backup' > click on 'import data from another browser' > ie explorer > favorites

and then your ie favorites will be imported into firefox.

#404919 - 04/13/12 07:32 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
RIzwan Offline

Loc: Pakistan
try new version of cute FTP uplodar
Keep it man, try try again, I hope you will find out the solution of your problem

#428187 - 09/11/13 12:31 AM Re: Trouble getting site to load [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Mary Warner Offline

Loc: IA, USA
Good post ...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Lelia_RE_Stager, ausboxgroups, vendmate, Wants To Learn, Kris Garcia
29270 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (LindaU, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27990392
No new orders today 13077109
Stupid MLS comments. 3251864
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1170843
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1044444
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1013814
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 808505
Let's talk about our cars 656406
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 593641