Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mr. Clean 27
Vermont 21
Z06Fanatic 21
Daniel1234 19
Lucky Leonardo 15
estatereal 15
RonnieEmz 14
Trouble 12
miracle 8
gitmonee 8
Aftermath 6
Bigtoe 6
RingRing 5
Investor_broker 5
Andrew James 5
Matched Content
Page 1 of 657 1 2 3 ... 656 657 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319229 - 12/26/09 03:58 PM I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! ****
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Note From Admin: This is an epic thread approaching 9,000 posts and over 25 million views as of January 2017. If you are in the real estate business it is well worth reading in its entirety as there are amazing nuggets of information on pretty much every page. This thread at times branches out into other areas of real estate lead generation, followup, dialogues, etc. and at other times focuses on various technology and sources.

For a quick start I would recommend that you begin right at the beginning and read the first year and a half for the basics. After that you may want to brush up on some of the discussion about the dialers and phone number sources before participating in the current discussions. Somewhere around year two many of the participants start using dialers with 3 lines and around July 2015 some begin using two dialers at once - 6 lines.

The easiest way to move around to different years in this long thread is to change the page number in the url you see in the address bar. An example of a page number is highlighted below.

Once you have done that please feel free to participate in the current discussions. I am sure you will still want to read the sections you skipped over later though and it is well worth doing so .

Enjoy!
-----

Hi! just joined today. Looking to take my business to the next level in 2010. I make 100 contacts per day about 200 days of the year. I have been doing this for appox 10-15 yrs now....(lost track) I earn approx $500k per year doing this. I prospect for listings only....in the price range I want....in the areas I want (ie: close to home to not waste time driving).
Been selling real estate for 24 years and I ready to really kick it up a notch.

For 2010, my goal is to add another $200k (20 deals) to my income.

I plan on doing this by adding the following to my plan....calling my S.O.I. 4 times per year asking for business (10 calls per day), a post card mailing program to my sphere every month (12 per year), ATTACKING my LEADS with with a post-card campaign (every 2 weeks), more aggressive lead-follow up...calling in evenings and saturdays (this has been my achillies heal for 10+ years now.)

I am forecasting that calling my S.O.I. and mailing to them will yield me an additional 10 deals/$100k

Attacking my leads more persistently will also yield me and additional 10 deals/$100k as I have been losing approximately 3-4 listings per month to other agents from my lead pool and week lead follow-up, I am planning that my calling and mailing will get me at least one more listing per month.

A little more info...99% of what I list sells as I only work with sellers that must sell and will price it to sell.

I prospect for for $10,000 commission cheques ( I may consider improving this)

I do zero marketing...other than calendars and mailing my business card to leads so they can call me when ready. I believe in profit, working less and earning more.

I do not have a website as I see no merit and do zero marketing to drive people there. ( I would consider this if someone could show me how this could create a guaranteed duplicatable amount of business.)

I am not interested in starting a team. I am interested in increasing my taxable net income and not just my gross. I firmly believe I can do over 100 deals ($1M in gross commissions in my market with Zero marketing) and still live a somewhat balanced life.

I do already have 1 1/2 assistants in place so I spend most of my time on income generating activities.

I am interested in cost effective, provable and measureable marketing methods that will work in big city, compeditive environments.

After over 20 years in this business....I have finally implimented an EXIT PLAN....buying 3 rental properties each year, goal for now is 20 new townhouses, thereby partly replacing my current income and to pay them off in the next 10-15 years so I only have to work if I want to.

I am interested in idea sharing and critiques from experienced, like minded agents, who can contribute/add/improve to my 2010 plan with measureable strategies which they themselves have knowingly and in a measureable way received an extra 10 deals per year from such strategies.

Expired listings are few and non existent in my market as my market is currently HOT. My market is very compeditive and cut throat, perhaps one of the most compeditive in North America ( according to Mike Ferry)

FSBOS are few and I do not want to drive all over the city as I value my time and we experience a lot of grid lock.

I am also willing to share and answer any questions from agents who are interested my currents system.

My hope this thread will become a helpful and beneficial resource and discussion thread to all agents who want to create and hone their business plans to create a predictable real estate business that they can depend on and get excited about!

Sincerely Lucky

Advertisements
#319233 - 12/26/09 04:37 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
hp12c Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
What's your website?

#319234 - 12/26/09 04:56 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
AugustaBroker Offline

Loc: Maine, USA
Originally Posted By: hp12c
What's your website?

---------->

Originally Posted By: lucky
I do not have a website as I see no merit and do zero marketing to drive people there. ( I would consider this if someone could show me how this could create a guaranteed duplicatable amount of business.)

#319235 - 12/26/09 05:00 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: AugustaBroker]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Thank You Augustabroker. :)

#319236 - 12/26/09 05:24 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
hp12c Offline

sorry... did'nt see that.

o.k.... who are you then? surely someone who does the volume of business that you say you do is mentioned somewhere online. you must have your own firm or work for an agency... they would have a website wouldn't they?

#319237 - 12/26/09 05:40 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
OMG It's Froy.

#319238 - 12/26/09 05:50 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

[quote=Perky_REALTOR]OMG It's Froy.[/quote]

I HAVE learned a lot from Froy and Mike Ferry.

#319239 - 12/26/09 06:02 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

there is nothing impressive about 50-60 deals per year.

Do you have anything to contibute to the thread? Ideas or questions? This is supposed to be an idea centre. I think I have offered a few in my OP. Let's share ideas on building a profitable business for us all.

#319240 - 12/26/09 06:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
hp12c Offline

"I HAVE learned a lot from Froy and Mike Ferry."

Like how to dodge a question? Let's start by giving yourself some credibility and then we can move on from there. Saying you make 100 cold-calls a day, do 50-60 deals a year and don't have a website is [censored] IMHO. I suppose you list houses in a super-secret MLS system that doesn't use a computer or the internet?

So I for one would like to know some REAL background on you otherwise, to me, you are a scammer or pumper trying some backhanded play with a ulterior motive... which is more likley the case for anyone who starts a thread in all caps and tells everyone how well he/she does. Doesn't add up for this simple hick in GA.

#319241 - 12/26/09 06:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Oli Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Lucky, do you have a script that you use when cold calling?

#319242 - 12/26/09 06:18 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
It seems to me like an elaborate set up for a "So tell us all about your system so we can pay you to teach us" response.

#319244 - 12/26/09 06:33 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Oli]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

I am well versed in the MFO scripts plus I have created several of my own to fill in the voids...nothing magical really.

My main lead in script is "Hi Mr or Mrs so an so? This is ______ with _______ real estate and I have some serious buyers for your area....do you have any plans on selling your home? etc. etc.

#319245 - 12/26/09 06:57 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

[quote=Perky_REALTOR]It seems to me like an elaborate set up for a "So tell us all about your system so we can pay you to teach us" response.[/quote]

If you find yourself being skeptical....why not PM me and I will try and put your doubts to rest rather than DESTROYING the intent of this thread? I don't want to make this thread all about me....I am seriously hoping we can all share ideas which is the purpose of this forum. I have nothing to sell....just sharing ideas and wanting to learn myself. I am skeptical by nature myself. If you use your common sense and give this thread a chance, then you can judge the information on it's own merits rather than being skeptical and judging my intent.

Trust me...I am not confortable with my production and only want to go to the next level.

Are there not any others here that want the same?

I have a question! Since I am about to begin a postcard marketing campaign, is there anyone here that may have some 1st hand experience. I have been doing a little research (yes, I have used "search" on this forum) and some advertisers quote a response of 2%. Well this seems quite fantastic to me, yet unbelievable. I wonder does the 2% mean per mailing? Two calls per 100 postcards seems too high. I could believe 2% per annum. I also am aware that it depends a lot on market places and volume of competition. Can anyone share some honest 1st hand knowledge on what to expect? A better system perhaps? I am also considering using a direct response type postcard advertising free reports....hoping the lead will call me and call me First!

#319251 - 12/26/09 08:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
Just curious - I believe you said you work with sellers (listings) only - so when you call people and say you have serious buyers for the area, how do you follow that up if the person expresses interest in selling to your serious buyers?

#319254 - 12/26/09 08:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Jennifer Allan]
awsmith Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Minnesota
I like Jennifer's question, and am interested in hearing the answer. I have a book of similar scripts sitting next to me, but I've never gotten a listing from using them, only responses like "well if you have a buyer, I'd do a one time showing agreement... ect"

Page 1 of 657 1 2 3 ... 656 657 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CAfirsttimebuyer, austinalice1, zVo, forteREgroup, nncywrghts01
29663 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (estatereal, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28178302
No new orders today 13093053
Stupid MLS comments. 3270113
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1183694
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1055777
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023908
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 818477
Let's talk about our cars 665988
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 600284