Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28390609
No new orders today 13128333
Stupid MLS comments. 3323556
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1215070
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1087633
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1050723
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 838865
Let's talk about our cars 686004
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 618924
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 608770
Most common items found at an REO 601477
EML 459234
REOTRANS 452805
Main Street 437482
asset val seminar in colorado 418821
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 350103
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 323867
Evalonline 300207
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 689 of 695 < 1 2 ... 687 688 689 690 691 ... 694 695 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460500 - 01/26/18 09:06 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: estatereal]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: estatereal
most people dont spend enought time on the phone.....i spend most of my work day on the phone....so far this year, i have worked every day since the 2nd of jan.....

as of yesterday
yesterday was the 10th
i had 11 appointments booked...
so, 1 more appt booked than days so far since working this year

today is the 11th....i need to book another appt today to stay ahead of it...

i have massive, massive, massive pileups of leads.....making me work 7 days a week (typically i work 5 days a week and take calls from leads outside of my work hours, but dont initiate the call unless i have it on my schedule).

i make it when i can...and i dont stop cause a certain hour of the day has hit...im solidifying my year right now.......

i need to get 1 more appt today to keep ahead of track because i know that as the year continues, it gets harder...this time of the year (first quarter) is always highest number of appointments booked eveyr year.....so i want to knock out as much as i can....

How many appointments did you book last year and how many listings did your team take? Towards the end of last year I started focusing more on expireds - getting better at the scripts, going for multiple closes, and hammering away at old expireds....since Jan 1st I've gone on 11 appointments - 1 more today for 12, and 3 scheduled for the first half of next week to close the month out.....most of these were expireds, maybe 2 cold calls from the past, and 2 are new buyers.....Because I'm fairly new to the business I've also been using an experienced Agent in my office to go to higher end listings as a co-lister - she dominates certain areas and I feel sometimes this will make my chances of getting the listing much greater that it's worth the time....

My goal this year is to set 10 appointments a month with people who will do something in the next 60 days......my thinking is 120 appointments - maybe 10-15% change their mind/don't end up doing anything, which leaves me roughly 100 appointments.....I don't see how I can't take 30 of these while losing 70 - wondering your close %

Advertisements
#460501 - 01/26/18 09:20 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Originally Posted By: NJrealtor201
Hi everyone. I'm new to the board and I love this thread. I haven't read 688pgs but I did get through quiet a bit. I have been an agent for 3yrs (really 4 but this is the 3rd year prospecting). So far I went from 3 sales, to 11 sales, and last year 12 sales (I took a lot of time off for a honeymoon/planning.

So far I have closed a $600k condo and a 2mill home from last year. I have 4 additional pending from last year as well that should be closing within 2 months. I am trying to kick start my 2018 and I do a lot of calls, but there are some issues I would like to tighten up so I would like to ask you all what you recommend:

1) When you cold call, how often do you refresh your lists per zip code? Do you scan each list and take out apartment rental buildings to avoid wasting time on the phone with renters?

2) What is your ideal schedule? Lately I have been doing 8am-11am prospecting and then 4pm-6pm lead follow up. I go for 25 new contacts and 20 Follow up calls. Any recommendations on what I should be doing between 12-4 if not getting ready for appointments or script practice?

3) I have very limited Expireds/FSBO's on a daily basis and I am trying to fill the void with cold calls to hit my daily goal...however...I find the success rate is significantly lower and I also have a lot of dead air between calls. What is your daily goal for new contacts? What is your criteria for a new contact to make it into your database? (selling in 6-12months? Longer?) What do you actually consider a contact? If someone says no im not selling and hangs up, is that considered 1? What about if you get the wrong person on the phone? Is that still considered 1 if you then ask them if they've had plans to sell in the near future?

4) Competition: All of the top agents in my market place are Mike Ferry/Tom Ferry trained which means that the competition is very strong. If you're not dialing new expireds by 8am, you will end up being the 15th person someone speaks to by 8:20am. Does anyone have similar competition and how do you differentiate yourself from your competition on the phone when 99% of people are using the same scripts/objection handlers?

5) How often do you follow up with leads (hot leads saying they'll list in 2 weeks or less, leads interested in listing in 1-3 Months, leads that are further out than 6 Months)

6) How often are you closing for an appointment on follow up calls?

7) When do you get rid of people from your database? I've held onto a ton of people that shouldn't have been there in the first place so I've been doing a massive purge and deleting a ton. If they don't remember me and have 0 plans of selling, if they've already sold, or if they won't give me an email address I'll scrap them. Is that alright or should do you have higher standards?

I think that's it for now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

All of these are valid questions and things that I am trying to figure out too. What I am realizing though is that each answer is so situationally dependent and you will get better and better at choosing the right option intuitively only after thousands of calls and thousands of hours dialing. When to call back, whether to trash the lead, should I book the appointment, all depends on your read on the prospect. Little things like their tone, the story they tell, etc. Will tip you off but only after experiencing it live many times and watching the results. There are some general guidelines which I think we all know, but no precise formula.

As lucky has said many times and I believe him more and more every day on this... just focus on hitting your billable prospecting hours every day (I am currently aiming for 4 hrs per day, measured as the dial time my daily mojo report shows + face-to-face time with prospects if I have a meeting, not counting showings unless its a first meetinf) spread those billable hours across a variety of activities: neighbourhood cold calling, calling expired and fsbo, door knocking expired and fsbo, door knocking neighbourhoods, calling your leads, meeting your prospects face to face. Just focus on getting your billable hours in across those activities and adjust to where you see the most return for your time. You canít go wrong, the answers will come.

It's tough getting the hours in prospecting when you have meetings....most of my listing appointments are around 1.5-2 hours + prep time in any presentation materials + driving time......I also think I get too focused on generation when follow up is much more important - setting qualified appointments is king. You can generate till your eyes bleed but if you're not getting to the kitchen table a lot then it doesn't matter....just my 2 cents from a rookie - we'll see how 2018 goes.

#460502 - 01/26/18 10:11 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
most people dont spend enought time on the phone.....i spend most of my work day on the phone....so far this year, i have worked every day since the 2nd of jan.....

as of yesterday
yesterday was the 10th

i have massive, massive, massive pileups of leads.....making me work 7 days a week (typically i work 5 days a week and take calls from leads outside of my work hours, but dont initiate the call unless i have it on my schedule).

i make it when i can...and i dont stop cause a certain hour of the day has hit...im solidifying my year right now.......

i need to get 1 more appt today to keep ahead of track because i know that as the year continues, it gets harder...this time of the year (first quarter) is always highest number of appointments booked eveyr year.....so i want to knock out as much as i can....

How many appointments did you book last year and how many listings did your team take? Towards the end of last year I started focusing more on expireds - getting better at the scripts, going for multiple closes, and hammering away at old expireds....since Jan 1st I've gone on 11 appointments - 1 more today for 12, and 3 scheduled for the first half of next week to close the month out.....most of these were expireds, maybe 2 cold calls from the past, and 2 are new buyers.....Because I'm fairly new to the business I've also been using an experienced Agent in my office to go to higher end listings as a co-lister - she dominates certain areas and I feel sometimes this will make my chances of getting the listing much greater that it's worth the time....

My goal this year is to set 10 appointments a month with people who will do something in the next 60 days......my thinking is 120 appointments - maybe 10-15% change their mind/don't end up doing anything, which leaves me roughly 100 appointments.....I don't see how I can't take 30 of these while losing 70 - wondering your close %

I assume you triple line dial ... how many can you contact an hour, normally?

#460503 - 01/26/18 11:11 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
NJrealtor201 Offline

Loc: NJ, Bergen County
Thanks for the quick response. It's tough with such a grey area of when to call and who you should keep in your database. I wish it wasn't such a trial and era game and there was a formula that I could follow instead of figuring it out myself. Know what I mean?

#460504 - 01/26/18 11:13 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
NJrealtor201 Offline

Loc: NJ, Bergen County
I have my time blocked where I am calling everyday from 8-11 and then again from 4-6pm. Nothing will be able to distract me from lead gen/follow up during that time (unless it's an appointment/inspection/appraisal) Everything can wait until 11am (emails/phone calls/ etc). And yes I agree with you that follow up is more important. If I followed up more last year, I could have probably added another few deals which is why I am trying to be so strict this year with it.

#460505 - 01/26/18 11:56 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
CaliRealtor23 Offline

Loc: CA
How many appointments do you guys set from cold calling every week on average? Pure cold calls/follow up on cold calls

I make about 200 contacts a day, with about 1-3 leads a day, but I barely set 1 appt every 2 weeks or so.

#460508 - 01/26/18 02:51 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

as of yesterday
yesterday was the 10th

So I like to two line dial the fresh expireds and triple line the old ones....old expireds varies greatly - for example the ones from this past Fall I prob contact 8-10/hr on the initial run or two....when I call earlier in 2017 the contact rate has been extremely low - maybe 5/hr tops - these are numbers I've prob called through 4 times before that are becoming obsolete.

I also find calling expireds takes more energy out of me then cold calling - I like the rhythm of cold calling as you rarely have any downtime and you don't have to do much digging.

Edited by Z06Fanatic (01/26/18 02:52 PM)

#460512 - 01/27/18 12:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

as of yesterday
yesterday was the 10th

So I like to two line dial the fresh expireds and triple line the old ones....old expireds varies greatly - for example the ones from this past Fall I prob contact 8-10/hr on the initial run or two....when I call earlier in 2017 the contact rate has been extremely low - maybe 5/hr tops - these are numbers I've prob called through 4 times before that are becoming obsolete.

I also find calling expireds takes more energy out of me then cold calling - I like the rhythm of cold calling as you rarely have any downtime and you don't have to do much digging.

Agreed .. I get bored as well, but I think I will do more this year, just to diversify my efforts ... I would like to have three sources of business ... database, cold phones, and one other ... that could be expired ...

#460513 - 01/27/18 01:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Ronnie, are you still doing M. Ferry coaching?

#460514 - 01/27/18 01:30 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: CaliRealtor23]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: CaliRealtor23
How many appointments do you guys set from cold calling every week on average? Pure cold calls/follow up on cold calls

I make about 200 contacts a day, with about 1-3 leads a day, but I barely set 1 appt every 2 weeks or so.

200 contacts per day is very good. Keep it up for the whole year & beyond.

Be very selective on what you call a lead or you will get bogged down with garbage.

Appointments vary depending your price point and turnover in the areas you are calling.

Obviously youíll set more apppiintments if your average price point is $150,000 compared to a $3,000,000 price point.

#460515 - 01/27/18 08:00 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Originally Posted By: CaliRealtor23

200 contacts per day is very good. Keep it up for the whole year & beyond.

Be very selective on what you call a lead or you will get bogged down with garbage.

Appointments vary depending your price point and turnover in the areas you are calling.

Obviously youíll set more apppiintments if your average price point is $150,000 compared to a $3,000,000 price point.

One thing that I have found helps me determine if a lead is good is closing HARD. Every time. Donít worry about losing leads, 19/20 are garbage anyways. Of course be warm and amiable but also forward, direct, and assertive. Close close close even on the first call. Best way to find out how serious a lead is, what their timeline is, is to close for the appointment and see how they respond. They will reveal their true intent usually much clearer than if you just ask them questions

#460519 - 01/28/18 08:28 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
So true. We fear losing the lead, or knowing the truth that they really are not a lead. Then you end up with a database of garbage that you keep managing and mailing and calling. Denying that they are garbage.
Even my past client database is not fruitful since people are not moving as frequently as they used to.

#460520 - 01/28/18 09:41 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Crappy weather yesterday, Saturday, so I decided to make some calls and see what difference the ring setting made

The list I used had already been called once so all the disconnected numbers were gone, was trying to reach people that weren't home during the first go-round

First half hour set for 4 rings, 144 dials, 18 contacts

Second half hour, same area, 6 rings, 138 dials, 23 contacts

6 rings seems to result in slightly fewer dials [-5%] but many more pickups [+28%]

4 rings seemed like there were less answering machines that picked up but the number of VM seemed the same as 6 rings

Anybody else try this and willing to share their observations?

#460521 - 01/28/18 10:01 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Trouble

Yes ... I enjoy it

#460537 - 01/30/18 07:32 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
HChomat Offline

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: Trouble

Yes ... I enjoy it

Where you at the Production Retreat last week? I was there... great event

One of the most important items that Mike discussed last week is the importance of belonging to a mastermind. If you think about it... This forum is a mastermind. Learn and contribute

Edited by HChomat (01/30/18 07:34 AM)

Page 689 of 695 < 1 2 ... 687 688 689 690 691 ... 694 695 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Tim Hall, Richie Rich, norm christian, Ribika_G, opetherealtor
29968 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 17
Trouble 14
sualk54 13
RonnieEmz 13
Mr. Clean 12
Z06Fanatic 10
avidstudent 6
jetgetset 6