Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28355517
No new orders today 13123927
Stupid MLS comments. 3311573
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208250
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082840
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043484
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836002
Let's talk about our cars 682065
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614601
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603827
Most common items found at an REO 594529
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449134
Main Street 435082
asset val seminar in colorado 415380
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346921
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317300
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 342 of 688 < 1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 687 688 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#440478 - 11/03/14 10:31 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Rah]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Rah,
I just hang up.

To answer your previous question about goals. Once you fill your pipeline with quality leads which you have developed a rapport with as a byproduct of great lead follow upI find you should easily get 4 to 5 listings per month on a relatively consistent basis.

The daily contacts fills your pipeline. The great lead follow up develops the rapport and keeps you top of mind with the lead and establishes confidence in the future seller/lead.

Advertisements
#440479 - 11/03/14 10:57 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: lucky
The daily contacts fills your pipeline. The great lead follow up develops the rapport and keeps you top of mind with the lead and establishes confidence in the future seller/lead.

Well said!...we should all write this down and look at it every day.

#440480 - 11/03/14 11:46 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
bets5150 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles

It also depends on your diligence and effectiveness of your lead follow up.
If your follow up is weak, inconsistent or non existant, then the amount of listings taken will be dismal.

Up until this point my target had been buyers...I have not really targeted sellers. Can you advise and what is considered good follow-up vs weak follow-up? What do you recommend we should prepare for the lead when making our first follow up?

For example, last week I was able to get 4 leads from cold calling, on saturday I stop by all 4 leads, only one of them was home. Here is what my follow-up for those leads consisted of:

1. Mailed a thank-you card w/business card on the day I spoke to them.
2. Dropped off a sellers guide 3 days after mailing card.

I was considering mailing a CMA 1 week after providing them with a sellers guide and following up 1 week after with a phone call to ask if they received the CMA.

#440483 - 11/03/14 01:57 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Peeps in my office are asking me what mojo and 100 calls means.
Smart marketing on Mojo's part now I know why it is mandatory to link the contest participantsto either Twitter or Facebook. mega Free advertising for them.

#440490 - 11/03/14 05:18 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieWinz Offline

Loc: Annapolis,MD
My Market here in Maryland is so heavy with Short Sales. Does anyone on here have any experience with them?

Also the brokerage I am with I am on a 65% split with a 6% royalty fee and a 200$ per transaction cost. I feel like I need to leave this brokerage just because of that. Also, should I be referring out the short sales or should I learn it and complete the transactions my self? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I feel like since I've taken Lucky's advice and am averaging 80 contacts a day I have currently referred out 10 short sale listings and have 5 active listings with 3 closed sales. All since June 9th of this year.

#440494 - 11/03/14 05:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieWinz]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Originally Posted By: RonnieWinz

and have 5 active listings with 3 closed sales. All since June 9th of this year.

Good job! Great to hear that someone is seeing some reward from this activity, Brian is probably not too far behind!

re splits- that is a decision you'll have to make, cost vs. value, if the company is feeding you lots of decent leads, it may be worth it, also if they provide great service.

I started my career with a "traditional" broker, 75/25 split on a declining basis but left after two years as I was getting no service. Now I'm with a 100% house, less $275 per end and have a home office with fax, scanner, etc- it's cheap enough to do now- you can get great training from MFO, CP or others for probably a lot less than your broker is charging for the in-house stuff [assuming there is any]

Edited by sualk54 (11/03/14 05:45 PM)

#440496 - 11/03/14 06:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
@bets5150 - I bring a Cloud CMA out on the very first visit. They take about 5 minutes to make, look crazy professional, and make a very good first impression. Print them up double-sided with a COLOR laser printer on high quality paper (28lb or heavier) and it will go a long way. I asked the first listing I signed up why they picked me and they held up the Cloud CMA and told me that I had "obviously done my neighborhood research" and that I was willing to take steps to present myself as a professional and that went a long way for them. The Mrs said that she liked that I followed up. Those two factors combined were what got me in the door.

If I meet them face-to-face when I show up, then I mail them a card and put them in a follow up system where I go out to their home either every 5 weeks, every 3 weeks, or every other week depending on how soon they are to moving.

When I go, I print up everything that has happened in their area (new listings, solds, pendings, price changes) since my LAST visit to their house. I make hand-written notes on these sheets sharing my thoughts. I also print up a helpful, seller-focused article. The update sheets and article come with me and are given on the visit.

Do that and you become "Mr Helpful Realtor" - and everyone likes that guy.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#440497 - 11/03/14 07:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
111 contacts, 2 leads, 3 hours, 5 follow up contacts (4 door + 1 phone).

Today I had a couple of too long conversations with 2 really nice unmotivated lonely people whom I just couldn't get off the phone with.

Edited by RAH (11/03/14 07:09 PM)

#440498 - 11/03/14 07:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Rah]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: RAH
111 contacts, 2 leads, 3 hours, 5 follow up contacts (4 door + 1 phone).

Today I had a couple of too long conversations with 2 really nice unmotivated lonely people whom I just couldn't get off the phone with.

Some people I know use another phone to call the talkative people....when their call waiting beeps they get off the call in a hurry. HeHeHe!

#440500 - 11/03/14 08:28 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Well, very busy day today. Engaged in the bulk of my prospecting at 5:30-7:00.

Finished with 180 contacts in 3 hours, 500 dials according to the tracker.

@Brian,

I went to the mojo contest tab and it says there is currently no contest.

#440504 - 11/03/14 11:28 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

Made my 100 contacts today but no leads. Actually, I had one contact that would have been considered a lead, except that she was an agent. A rather nice agent. She also happened to have a house that a buyer I'm working with might be interested in, so who knows where that will lead.

I also read a blog post today asking whether or not prospecting agents were a pain. As I didn't have much "cold calling wisdom" to share, I responded to this line of thought in today's blog post here: http://wp.me/p59g23-5F

@Lucky - the contest has a window of opportunity. It closed at 11:59 on November 1st for this month. It will open again for December a few day before the calendar turns over.

Did you already sign up? If you did, then you would have gotten an email confirmation after checking the box stating that you wanted to participate in the contests panel in your Mojo settings.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#440506 - 11/04/14 06:12 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: BrianMI]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Yes,
I did sign up. I thought you said the contest tab was to track the top dialers?

#440507 - 11/04/14 06:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: miracle]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: miracle

Do you think we should cross reference our calls to find out if the residence we are calling is listed with another agent?

Thanks,

miracle

I suggest you keep this system extremely simple. Once you start doing deals, you won't have time doing all this extra admin and the system will fall apart. I never did this since calling is not intended to solicit people already under contract.

It doesn't happen frequently enough to be a concern. I simply say Great! I will get it off the MLS! Thank You! And move on.

#440508 - 11/04/14 06:57 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
BrianMI Offline

Yes,
I did sign up. I thought you said the contest tab was to track the top dialers?

The tracking page can be found here: https://lb11.mojosells.com/contests/view/

#440509 - 11/04/14 07:00 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

THE 90 DAY CYCLE!

This System and Real Estate Sales in general is a 90 day cycle.

What you do today will show results in 90 days!
Waste today, by doing little, by being non productive, and have little to show for it in 90 days!
The leads you take today may list in 90 days!
The buyers you take out for the first time may buy or close in 90 days!
The listings appointments you set today, may provide you cash flow in 90 days!
The lead follow up you do today will reward you in 90 days.
No lead follow up today, no reward/payoff in 90 days!

The efforts you put in today will pay off on average, in 90 days!

The competition is ALL about competing against yourself!

CAN YOU IMPROVE YOURSELF AT EVERYTHING BY 1% EVERY DAY?????!!!!!!!!

Just a few thoughts to get you thinking in the right direction.........

Can you be better today than you were yesterday?! Can you be a little more pro-active today? Can you start a little earlier? Can you wake up a little earlier today? Can you make 5/10 more contacts today? Can you make 5 more lead follow up contacts today! Can you ask one more closing question today?
Can you design a better more impactful lead follow up system today?
Can you improve your scripts today?
Can you improve your listing presentation today?
Can you improve your appearance today?
Can you go see one more hot lesd today?
Can you follow up and prospect uninterrupted today?

CAN YOU BE 1% BETTER AT EVERYTHING EVERYDAY?!

CAN YOU IMPROVE BY ONE 1% EVERYDAY?!

Couple this with the 90 DAY CYCLE MINDSET and you will see great improvements in your life and great fulfillment.

Page 342 of 688 < 1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 687 688 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CarolRPhilly, Ammar Imran, Angela123, LewTube, Gianis
29906 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 43
Vermont 24
VABroker 21
estatereal 21
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 15
sualk54 9
jreal413 9
MissionJoe 8