Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268868
No new orders today 13101714
Stupid MLS comments. 3276633
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189406
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061097
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028107
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822574
Let's talk about our cars 670936
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602687
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592324
Most common items found at an REO 575871
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440723
Main Street 419399
asset val seminar in colorado 407138
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340430
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306754
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 678 < 1 2 3 4 ... 677 678 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319256 - 12/26/09 02:42 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: awsmith]
hp12c Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
"I HAVE learned a lot from Froy"

Here's how you can show us you're the real deal: show us Froy's website and contact information. Since you've learned alot from him this should be easy.

Edited by hp12c (12/26/09 02:43 PM)

Advertisements
#319261 - 12/26/09 06:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
minna Offline

Loc: USA
Lucky - Excellent - and all the more power to you! I do some direct mail...two pieces...one gets me a 1% response...the other a 3%...and the ROI's run very well. I am really doing only mailers to short sale situations so that may not work for you..but I can tell you my 1% piece is very general...my 3% piece ( and that is just the response rate, once they call they are ALL 100% ready to list with me ASAP)..is a very simple 1 page expired letter... I send it to shorts, but it would work just the same for anyone else, it is VERY generic - just customize...I send it weekly...the message is simple and strong. The response is phenomenal.
But hey - let me say again - EXCELLENT for you to be doing well!! And disregard the naysayers!

#319270 - 12/26/09 07:53 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: awsmith]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Jennifer's question is a logical one. Truthfully, when prospecting, we get what we are searching for and what we believe in. If they say bring the buyer, I continue with the scripts. "When you sell this home where will you go next?".....searching for serious motivation, sellers that HAVE to sell . Sellers that HAVE to sell ask me to follow up at such and such time.

[quote=awsmith]I like Jennifer's question, and am interested in hearing the answer. I have a book of similar scripts sitting next to me, but I've never gotten a listing from using them, only responses like "well if you have a buyer, I'd do a one time showing agreement... ect"[/quote]

#319277 - 12/26/09 09:35 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: hp12c
"I HAVE learned a lot from Froy"

Here's how you can show us you're the real deal: show us Froy's website and contact information. Since you've learned alot from him this should be easy.

Froy doesn't need a website either - he is his own MLS, double ending his gazillions of deals all the while, nobody needs his phone number cause he does all the calling and door knocking. So it's OK for super-dynamos like Froy to be incognito in the online world.

#319284 - 12/26/09 11:57 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

[quote=hp12c]"I HAVE learned a lot from Froy"

[/quote]

Why don't you explain to all of us how my knowing what Froy's website and what his tel number proves I am the "real deal" doing only 50-60 deals a year. Are you that sheltered that you do not know anyone doing that production or more? Surely this is not the case. Why are so skeptical by my production which is very commonplace? I am trying to refrain from ripping you apart but your childlike obsession with credentials is annoying. Have I tried to sell you anything? Have I not contributed to this thread any knowledge at all? What do you have to contribute other than doubt?

I did not say he was my best friend. I have attended Superstar Retreats since 1994 where he was at many of them. I did not see him at the last couple of events. I will be at the one on one retreat in January...will you be there? I sat down and had coffee with him once. I asked him several questions. But I have heard him speak on panels many times, listened to several interviews with him, etc. Why are you so obsessed with his credentials. Even if his production is exaggerated through gossip etc. can you not benefit from his discipline and mindset of staying on a regimented daily schedule and improving his business by 1% per day each and every day??

#319289 - 12/27/09 06:53 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
hp12c Offline

Please... feel free to rip me apart. Once you provide me with verifyable contact info for Froy, I will gladly apologize and back off this thread. Don't come back and say "I don't where he is now"... that's BS. To see why I am so interested in Froy... do a search on this board for his name and you will learn why.

So go ahead - make my day.

p.s.

"Truthfully, when prospecting, we get what we are searching for and what we believe in."

What does that mean? Mislead consumers to get what you want? Trick them into beleiving you have a serious buyer? Is that the way you operate in business? What about the do not call list?

Edited by hp12c (12/27/09 07:41 AM)

#319296 - 12/27/09 10:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
AugustaBroker Offline

Loc: Maine, USA
Wow. Is there any wonder that we don't have even fewer people posting to this category?

Lucky, you've got to be careful with emotions. Never come across as boastful or you will surely bring in emotional negative responses. I think that's what's happening here. Add to that, you are taking up for someone who is clearly not a favorite, and he's probably not a favorite for the same reasons of boastfulness.

I don't see where the OP has to prove any legitimacy with credentials - unless (s)he were selling something. If you don't believe in him/her, then simply don't respond and let the thread roll down into the pits of topics with no responses.

No one elected me thread referee, but good grief, I like to come here for ideas and to see if anyone can add to them. With the ganging up of negative skeptical responses like this I don't see how that promotes a positive environment.

As for this:

Quote:
A little more info...99% of what I list sells as I only work with sellers that must sell and will price it to sell.

This did not say that (s)he only works with sellers. The statement was qualified with "sellers that must sell and will price it to sell." This means the only type seller worked with are motivated sellers, not that the only type customer dealt with are exclusively sellers or exclusively buyers as in EBA.

Quote:
I have some serious buyers for your area.
I believe that was purposely vague. How many of us have leads right now, and how reasonable is it to assume we have leads the majority of the time? Are those leads "in the area?" That statement can be true. It's up to the seller to ask for more specifics as to whether the buyers in the area are looking specifically for THEIR house. Consider the advertising that goes along with Milk: "Milk - does a body good." Does it? Are there growth hormones in that milk or do I have to read the label for more specifics?

Quote:
"Truthfully, when prospecting, we get what we are searching for and what we believe in."

What does that mean? I believe that's a basic law of attraction, made popular by repacking that idea into a book titled, "The Secret." By and large, we create our own situations in life. The choices we make begin with our thoughts which means our thoughts are the most powerful tools we have to be a success. If we think and believe that we will find profitable prospects, and then behave in such a manner as to make it happen, then finding this success will likely follow, because the point of origin of this cycle is our positive thoughts. If you don't at least think it will happen, how on earth will it ever come to pass?

Look at what's happening in this thread. This thread isn't even about Froy, but a few are coming here prospecting to hate on Froy. So what did you get? You attracted other people who also want to hate on Froy to this thread - that's a basic law of attraction at work. It's easier to doubt than to believe - believing takes much more work than not believing.

Can we just give Lucky a chance? Lucky sounds pretty sincere to me. If not, can we just ignore Lucky?

Cheers.

#319300 - 12/27/09 10:59 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: AugustaBroker]
hp12c Offline

"I have some serious buyers for your area."

Right. Tell that argument to a judge and see what he says. It's misleading and unethical if you actually don't have serious buyers in that persons price range and area. Saying it's up to a consumer to quantify this sales pitch is bogus.

Anyone who thinks this is o.k. to do is unethical in my book... and it reflects negatively on the profession as a whole when you operate in this fashion. I have zero problems if its true... but if you're making 100 cold calls a day it's likely untrue most of the time.

If agents want to play that game and think it's o.k... then drop the false NAR Code of Ethics and have at it. I suggest you hire Bill Clinton as your spokesperson.

#319313 - 12/27/09 01:59 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: hp12c]
AugustaBroker Offline

Loc: Maine, USA
We wouldn't be telling that argument to a judge because it simply isn't illegal to make the claim. I'd have my attorney file a motion to dismiss and the judge would be happy to oblige.

Unethical? If you do have serious buyers for the area then it's perfectly fine to say that you do. Of course, and needless to say, if you don't have serious buyers for the area you wouldn't claim that you do.

The separate scenario: having some serious buyers for the area and saying that you do, and somehow you claim that without saying they are in some unknown seller price range makes the "I have some serious buyers for your area" claim unethical isn't even reasonable to consider. Did it not occur to you that until you know what the prospective seller is asking for his/her home, you'd never know whether or not your possible "serious buyers for the area" would be in that range? Maybe they are and maybe they aren't. Saying that you have "serious buyers for your area" is a starting point, though. You're cold calling - the asking price of the seller's home is an unknown. If the both of you want to get down to the specifics then you would, otherwise you start off general. Do you now see what you're saying doesn't make sense?

If you're making 100 cold calls a day, it's likely true MOST of the time, since if I had 3 serious buyers in a day, surely I'd still consider them interested for several days, barring purchasing deadlines. By the time those 3 serious buyers were not considered something "I had", then I'm sure I'd have another 3 buyer leads to take their place. If you're not getting at least 10 leads a week, clearly you're not doing much of anything to get leads, like cold calling.

It's up to consumers to quantify whether or not milk does their bodies good. It's no more unethical to say "Milk does a body good" when they don't know anything about my body and its reaction to milk, and I don't yet know anything about what specifically is in the milk. And if they meant "a body" as in at least one body, then it was unethical for them not to say so immediately. Why don't you send the dairy farmers a letter asking them to change their slogan to this, "Milk does a body good sometimes and sometimes not, including but not limited to certain conditions such as lactose tolerance, personal likings, and growth hormones. Although the goodness may be good for a body at some point in time, the goodness may not be a constant"?

And now where are you taking this? Hating on Bill Clinton (not that I would mind)?

#319318 - 12/27/09 02:44 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: AugustaBroker]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

^^^Thanx Augustabroker! Man, this hp12c guy/gal is negative!

Where are the ethics problems here? Are you on an ethics board or something???? I always have 5-10 buyer leads I am working with, and every active Salesperson should have roughly the same....a buyer who is serious and reasonable and will sign a contract to buy (a realistic type property) when the right property appears. I also only work with buyer leads who also have a home to sell so it's 2 deals with one client. I do not work 1st time buyers and I will not work with a buyer lead who is not 100% loyal to me.

Since I work a defined marketplace of perhaps 50,000 homes over and over, I always have potential buyers for that market place and if I did not....well I am sure there are several agents in your office that do. If you are starting out, just find out who in your office has the buyers and you prospect for the listings.
Come on hp....use a little common sense here. Use that creativity of yours to build your business....not tear others' down.

I also want to be clear...I make 100 contacts per day which requires approximately 300 numbers dialed between 8:30 and roughly noon. I am not bragging here so don't jump my throat hp12c! Just offering info.

As for HP12C's continued love affair with Froy....feel free to hire yourself a private investigator, it will help put your mind at ease....I am not his keeper...give it a rest will you!

#319319 - 12/27/09 02:51 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Pikes Peak Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: FL
Since lucky/OP only works with sellers, I'm sure he refers the buyers out that call on his listings. I used to work with an agent who cold called every day and was a top producer, who refered the buyers calls to another agent.
By monitoring the buyers calls, he would not be lying about the buyers.
I see lucky types faster than I do.

#319320 - 12/27/09 02:51 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Anyone have any First hand experience with Direct Response Postcards. I was researching on-line and found this company which makes professional looking cards with head or bodyshot blended in a photo of a nice house in the background. They use a catch slogan and a call to action advertising a FREE REPORT which they also provide for each themed card. I was wondering if this Direct Response type Card where the lead is triggered to call for the information makes a BIG DIFFERENCE over just the usual cards which have something like a cute baby face or a kitten's face or a comedy shot. My hunch would be yes....anyone care to share?

#319321 - 12/27/09 02:59 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Pikes Peak Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: FL
The most effective mail-outs I have done are the stats for a farming area such as address, # of listings, # of sales, size ie. 3/3/2 and $ amounts. People are interested in that type of info.
Besides just listed and sold cards, it was a $$$ maker for me and made me look like I knew the area.

#319322 - 12/27/09 03:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Pikes Peak]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: pikes peak
Since lucky/OP only works with sellers, I'm sure he refers the buyers out that call on his listings. I used to work with an agent who cold called every day and was a top producer, who refered the buyers calls to another agent.
By monitoring the buyers calls, he would not be lying about the buyers.
I see lucky types faster than I do.

Sorry if I said or implied I only work with Sellers. What I meant to say is I only prospect for listings/sellers. When you have a great listing....the buyers come automatically. My transaction ratio is 80%/20%, the 80% being listings sold. The 20% buyers are sellers become buyers or buyers who directly buy my listings from me. I do not farm out buyer leads which I generate while prospecting or internet or sign calls. Just never generated any income for me and was not worth time or effort. Believe me I have tried.

#319323 - 12/27/09 03:21 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Pikes Peak]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: pikes peak
The most effective mail-outs I have done are the stats for a farming area such as address, # of listings, # of sales, size ie. 3/3/2 and $ amounts. People are interested in that type of info.
Besides just listed and sold cards, it was a $$$ maker for me and made me look like I knew the area.

Thanks "pikes"! My plan is to attack my database with the postcards. I have 700 Past Clients and Centre of Influence and I carry 100 leads. I plan on attacking the whole 800 every month and the 100 leads 2 weeks later. So the leads will get hit every two weeks, just like a farm area except they have specifically expressed an interest in selling as opposed to blanketing an entire area. This is why I am interested in the Direct Response approach. In 2008 I found I would loose 1 listing per week from my lead base to other agents before actually having a chance at the listing appointment. I know my closing ratio is 65% at the appointment so I need to get my foot in the door more often without spending tens of thousands of dollars on marketing to get the phone to ring or without blowing 20% of my gross on marketing like most agents do.

Page 2 of 678 < 1 2 3 4 ... 677 678 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (KandyC, sualk54, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10