Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268008
No new orders today 13101608
Stupid MLS comments. 3276550
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189293
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061076
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028078
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822483
Let's talk about our cars 670865
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602674
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592268
Most common items found at an REO 575804
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440706
Main Street 419371
asset val seminar in colorado 407130
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340419
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306740
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#308103 - 09/30/09 05:11 PM What are the most important real estate sites on the net?
adell50 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Of course this one....perhaps trulia, zillow, realtor.com

what else?

Anyone have any ideas?

many thanks!

Advertisements
#308133 - 09/30/09 07:37 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
REOexpert Offline

Loc: FL
It really depends what you're focused on default properties or new homes

#308302 - 10/01/09 06:59 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: REOexpert]
ron-o Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
a list of websites = fish

agentsonline.net = knowing how to fish

#311100 - 10/25/09 08:34 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: ron-o]
Jefftd77 Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
I'd like to think my site is :)

Just kidding... Realtor.com should be the most important (based on traffic)

http://www.semrush.com/info/realtor.com

#311192 - 10/26/09 03:46 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Jefftd77]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#311886 - 11/01/09 10:06 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Neal M Offline

Loc: Jackson
Originally Posted By: InternetCE.com
Of course this one....perhaps trulia, zillow, realtor.com

what else?

Anyone have any ideas?

many thanks!

Trulia, zillow, realtor.com are important sites only in a nation sense. In individual markets they may have little or no importance. A good local site can be more important for marketing a property than any of the national sites.

#311937 - 11/01/09 05:45 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Neal M]
Joel McDonald Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'd say it depends on what perspective you're looking from. If looking from your own perspective as a Realtor, the most important website out there is your own. ;-)

#313977 - 11/15/09 10:25 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Joel McDonald]
BusinessJohn Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I like sites that help me to focus on my geographical area. Recently I've discovered some features with Zillow that have helped connect me with local people and particular properties. The ability to leave comments about a particular property is a great feature.

#324221 - 01/28/10 01:01 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: bayareamentor]
CaliRealtor Offline

Loc: California
I like Activerain and Trulia the best for blogging. Realtor.com is good for enhanced listings. I did their community billboard thing for a year and it didn't get me any closed clients, just drove traffic to my website. I don't know what bigger pockets is. An investing forum I'm guessing, to lazy to look. Craigslist peaks my interest and makes me want to look into it a bit more since it's free.

#330691 - 03/11/10 11:47 AM ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: CaliRealtor]
pcrealty Offline

Loc: ca
How do you see the differences in positioning between the various networking and discussion sites for real estate professionals?

Are there any others that should be included, apart from the three in the subject line here?

Dan

P.S. This doesn't seem to best belong under "Webmaster Issues" but this is where the thread is. :-)

#330837 - 03/12/10 03:14 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: pcrealty]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
Although I like active rain, the fact that the backlinks are nofollow (at least for new accounts now) makes me shy away from it. I'm not familiar with brokeragentsocial but I would suggest realestateforum as it is full of great information.
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#331000 - 03/13/10 09:10 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: Maui]
Becky Washam Offline

Loc: TX
If you pay up for activerain the blog backlinks are not nofollow.. Of course I'm not 100% convinced they are worth the money.
Conroe Texas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

#331002 - 03/13/10 09:35 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: Becky Washam]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
You may want to check to make sure that individual blogs within various real estate communities are still being included in Google's index - thoroughly check out a few of the blogs before making a decision.

When I am checking, I am finding that quite often the individual blogs are suffering - especially when the content is also being fed into the main homogeneous site blog and/or displayed on the home page for example. Perhaps Google sees the duplication and elects only to list the version in the more authoritative site blog.

Great for the community site owner but not for the REALTOR.

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#331039 - 03/13/10 09:15 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: doug]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Doug, I'm not sure I quite understood what you meant. So if somebody posted on activerain and then posted the same on their homepage, ar is getting the credit, right?
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#331052 - 03/13/10 10:38 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: Maui]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

That is not really what I was referring to although that would be a duplication issue as well.

I was referring to some blog communities - not AR specifically - where when someone writes a blog post in their blog within the site - that post then also appears in the main "communty" blog that aggregates all of the blog posts made by members - no doubt to show how active the community is etc. In those cases Google seems to just list the version in the community blog while the member's personal blog does not get listed.

Active Rain just shows snippets of blog posts on their front pages not the whole blog post so one would think that duplication is not a problem - and it probably isn't. Members' blogs and posts do get listed in Google.

However, Active Rain does have its own issues. Most use Active Rain blogs because they are under the impression that the blogs rank well in Google. That is not necessarily the case.

Go to Active Rain and pick a member's blog at random - preferably the blog of a member who has been posting for a few years so Google has no excuse for not knowing where the posts are. Then pick posts at random going back from recent posts to ones that are years old. That is what I did and I found that there are more blog posts not even listed in Google at all than ones that are listed. (Use Google's "cache:" command for this - do not use the Google Toolbar's search box to search for a url as it bypasses the search engine and takes one directly to the url - which fools many into thinking a page is listed in Google when it is not.)

To me that says that if one is blogging there because they think their blog is going to rank well in Google they may be wasting their time. Many of the posts either will not be listed or will eventually be dropped from Google if they once were listed.

Not to pick on AR - other communities are worse. Just do some checking on your own. When others say that their blogs rank great etc.etc. - check it out on your own and keep checking every once in a while because small changes in a communities structure can have big consequences in Google (rarely for the better).

In my opinion the best place to spend blogging efforts is in your own properly set up Wordpress blog.

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#331347 - 03/16/10 05:00 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: doug]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Great points, Doug. Initially I thought about making a big effort on AR to help promote my site, but now I will focus on a hosted wordpress blog.

#400848 - 02/09/12 10:32 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
realyte Offline

Loc: CA, USA
It depends on what kind of information you are looking for.

#420589 - 02/22/13 03:12 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Jutin Chan Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Although there are many real estate sites on the internet but the I would like to refer you top most sites that I found.
They are:-

1. Real Estate Webmasters

2. Wanna Network

3. Escape Homes

4. Fast Real Estate Forums

5. Totally Property

6. Real Estate Forum

7. PRO Real Estate Network

8. Find Property USA

9. Counsel.net

10. BiggerPockets.com

#424797 - 06/07/13 09:04 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Jutin Chan]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
Originally Posted By: Jutin Chan
Although there are many real estate sites on the internet but the I would like to refer you top most sites that I found.
They are:-

1. Real Estate Webmasters

2. Wanna Network

3. Escape Homes

4. Fast Real Estate Forums

5. Totally Property

6. Real Estate Forum

7. PRO Real Estate Network

8. Find Property USA

9. Counsel.net

10. BiggerPockets.com

Been to a few of those. Going to check out the rest, thanks for the list! smile

#424984 - 06/11/13 08:54 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Musa Opondo Offline

Loc: USA
The most important real estate site will depend on an individuals need.For instance are you looking for listings, back links, information etc. In each case your list will look different.

#427903 - 09/03/13 06:05 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: MariaHoustone]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
surprised trulia did not make the cut.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#428095 - 09/08/13 07:33 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
calgaryalberta Offline

Loc: Alberta,Canada
Trulia, zillow, realtor.com are important sites. I like sites that help me to focus on my geographical area. A good local site can be more important for marketing a property than any of the national sites.

Edited by calgaryalberta (09/08/13 07:38 PM)

#428138 - 09/09/13 10:33 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
realestatefes Offline

Loc: Morocco
I agree with calgaryalberta Local site could help you more than the big sites.

#428140 - 09/09/13 11:48 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: realestatefes]
Mary Warner Offline

Loc: IA, USA
[quote=realestatefes]I agree with calgaryalberta Local site could help you more than the big sites. [/quote]

ya i am also agree with you. its real fact.

#428167 - 09/10/13 03:53 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Mary Warner]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
They need a site were sellers hang out looking to be courted by Agents.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#428967 - 10/02/13 09:40 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Ditto that, calgaryalberta! Big sites are primarily useful for SEO purposes.

#428979 - 10/02/13 11:16 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Neal M Offline

Loc: Jackson
For your average home, local website can offer you much more in advertising your listings that the national sites. The local sites can target the market in an area specifically and generate more traffic. That doesn't mean that some special properties would do better with national exposure, just that most would not.

#429222 - 10/09/13 10:07 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
philpropexpert Offline

Loc: Philippines
"What are the most important real estate sites on the net?"
This is question is very broad.

important in what aspect?
-listings?
-agents resources?
-buyers resources?

There are some excellent answers here.

If you want RE website for listing, local listing is my choice because it more targeted.

If you want RE website for agents resources, this site is one of the most helpful sites I've been. There are a few out there too, depending on what you are looking.

Hope this helps. smile

#429959 - 11/04/13 02:25 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
markgriffin Offline

Loc: Calgary, Canada
Everyone is free to think that a certain site is important for them. When they take a look at it, they should find what they are looking for- I think that this is the best characteristic of a good real estate website. We all have our choices, it just depends on your criteria. Even I have my favourite sites to find great deals of property in Calgary.

#430989 - 12/12/13 01:01 PM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
pdxchris Offline

Loc: Oregon
I would say here in Oregon, besides the local companies redfin and Zillow are the most searched websites for properties.

#431012 - 12/13/13 08:34 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
TheVenturiTeam Offline

Loc: New Mexico
As far as our team is concerned and the leads it generates and in the NM, Realtor, Trulia, Zillow, and Homes are our most important sites.

Though, we also post to other sites consistently and do get some leads too from them.

Great list btw. Will check out the sites that we havent tried yet.

#431179 - 12/20/13 05:33 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
ctessel Offline

Loc: NY
Guess it depends on WHAT kind of sites you are looking for? Advertising? Checking up on what others are doing?

#432193 - 01/24/14 10:46 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: ron-o]
Giovanni Marsico Offline

I think area wise there are many sites who provides best services and user friendly are most important.

#432194 - 01/24/14 10:53 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: Giovanni Marsico]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Giovanni Marsico
I think area wise there are many sites who provides best services and user friendly are most important.
The superlative adjective "best" can only apply to ONE site; NOT many !

You see, many may be good; some are better; but only one can be best !

#432557 - 02/03/14 10:10 AM Re: What are the most important real estate sites on the net? [Re: adell50]
Lakeshore Lad Offline

Loc: Holland, MI, USA
Zillow and Trulia are by are the most used sites by consumers. Most start there and get an idea of values and inventory, then find an agent to get more details. At least that has been my experience.

#432923 - 02/12/14 05:34 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
MyCupOfTea Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think the most important real estate Websites are those that have top search engine placement for the appropriate keyword phrases and have good information and an easy search for visitors.

#437526 - 07/11/14 09:55 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
Eric G. Offline

Loc: California
I like ActiveRain. It's a great community for Realtors and a good site for referrals. You have to check it :)

#457507 - 04/27/17 05:01 AM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
WolfHouse Offline

Loc: Winter Park, Florida (United S...
Zillow seems like the real big dog. I see them all over the place when I lookup homes.

#457527 - 04/27/17 02:45 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
Dripping Springs Offline

Loc: TX
Honestly, I've seen city-data.com showing up for some obscure terms where visitors are comparing neighborhoods with "versus" keywords. It's unfortunate zillow or trulia don't even have a forum enabling home buyers to discuss these things. All they do is aggregate data and sell leads to agent. Booo.

#457623 - 05/02/17 09:12 PM Re: ActiveRain.com, BrokerAgentSocial.com, AgentsOnline.net [Re: adell50]
Barbara Herbert Offline

Loc: Grove City, Ohio, United State...
the most important site is your website!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 77
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10