Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28267846
No new orders today 13101605
Stupid MLS comments. 3276545
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189283
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061074
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028075
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822477
Let's talk about our cars 670858
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602673
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592263
Most common items found at an REO 575791
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440705
Main Street 419368
asset val seminar in colorado 407128
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340418
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306738
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29513 - 05/07/03 07:26 PM Buying a new computer
Unregistered

What's the most important purchase for a Real Estate Agent? Home?(I think we all know how to do that...) Car? (personal preferences, and besides push the skinny pedal on the right to make it go)NOPE neither of these. It's your office or should I the centerpiece to any office, your computer. Be it a laptop, desktop, or TabletPC this decision can make or break you. If you are in the market for a new machine let us know, we can steer you in the right direction for hardware (physical box) and software (little 1's and 0's). Please ask before you buy, there's a million scams being run by computer companies and most salespeople at your local stores ARE getting spiffs (kickbacks from certain companies) So just ask.

Advertisements
#351076 - 09/11/10 06:26 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
LVVR Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
I wouldn't buy dell or hp. Toshiba is pretty good.
I actually build my own computers. That way I get the kind of computer I want, without all the junk and bloatware and crappy quality hardware.

#353628 - 10/06/10 10:33 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: LVVR]
Brent Mitchell Offline

Loc: TX
I purchased a Sony Vaio...great machine with all the bells and whistles. When you do buy, make sure you buy the accidental insurance; you can run over it and they'll replace it!

Another good buy for agents I hear is the Ipad...so much easier to carry around compared to a laptop. Is Google coming out with a Ipad type machine?
Online Real Estate Courses

#353766 - 10/06/10 11:10 PM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Brent Mitchell]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
I love my laptop. Have a dell and haven't had too much trouble with it. wish it had way more hard drive space than it does - my pictures eat up a LOT of space.

#354619 - 10/14/10 03:58 PM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Anthony Aires Offline

Loc: Orlando,FL
I have an internet based business and I am on computers all day . . . Don't buy Dell they are way to expensive for what you actually get. I agree that toshiba is good and also to my suprise my last 2 laptops that I have loved the most have been Gateways. I picked them up super cheap and thought they would be just for traveling and quick work but both I used full time. One got stolen and the other I use full time. Look into Gateway b/c you get a lot for your money!

#354637 - 10/14/10 06:33 PM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Anthony Aires]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
We have one Dell Latitude Laptop and I was amazed at all of the accessories that are available on eBay, like modular interchangeable drives for CDs and Floppies, battery packs, and a stationary dock with additional cavities and USB Ports, and other connections/sockets that allow for the thing to have additional drives, conventional printers, mice, keyboards and monitors (and other devices) all plugged in and ready to go while you're recharging. So when it's in the dock, we often forget that it's actually a portable.

Maybe every manufacturer has that expandability aspect; but I was truly impressed with the volume of stuff that's available. And the Dell reference library seems to do a lot to complement what we can't seem to find on MicroSoft's WebSite(s).

#354640 - 10/14/10 07:30 PM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Vermont]
bfisher88 Offline

Loc: Park City, UT
I'm a big fan of Toshiba products but I am going to go for an Asus next. The new bamboo series they have come out with is extremely portable but also has some great computing power as well. For how much I move around with my computer, I need some portability and battery life.

#365233 - 01/31/11 05:47 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: bfisher88]
CentralFLbeepo Offline

Loc: Florida
We had Dells and HPs before and were happy with them. Some Toshibas I think and I'm now using a desktop hubby built me (without the junk, superfast and only for BPOs). Still have my HP laptop, also happy with it. Hubby bought one of those little laptops Walmart had on Sale Xmas 2009 (Acer, I think) and loved it (just too small of a screen to use it full time). We're still using Windows XP on all machines, Windows 7 doesn't well with most of the Tax Appraiser's sites in my area, browser issue I think.

#388293 - 09/01/11 05:40 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
Dheeraj Offline

Loc: India
for me apple is only choice..i love to used mac because of its speed,look etc.

#400524 - 02/06/12 01:24 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
deepikasnv Offline

Loc: India
Hi,
I have a laptop too, it is Sony Vaio.
The reason behind choosing it is, I use to keep it when I visit my clients to convince them to make a visit on the site. At that time, I show them a presentation made by my colleague, which shows the property and its different pictures(views). I think, it is the easiest way to convince them to make a visit.
videos approach them, I can do it through mail too, but my presence when they are watching the video make a different way for further dealing.

#400561 - 02/06/12 02:50 PM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
Personally I find the best deals on computers is to buy locally. You can get a better computer for a better price from a lot of the local computer shops. And an even better price if you can get a local kid to just build 1 for you from parts you've purchased.

I don't use a laptop anymore, I've moved to a tablet for being mobile and I now personally like desktops since you get way more computer power for your dollar and it really comes in handy when your creating a listing presentation.

#400894 - 02/10/12 11:42 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
For laptops, I like Asus. Solid, reliable, and for the power/speed persons, they are customizable for easy expansion to get the most out of them.

#401162 - 02/14/12 05:48 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
Harrisk Offline

Loc: London
I have dell laptop and it is pretty good.... From the time of purchase to till now i did not face any problem while operating it.

#401189 - 02/14/12 11:17 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: Guest]
PlaceForUs Offline

Loc: Chicago
I have owned HP for long time, and it has been solid. Just upgraded to Windows 7 and it seems to be even faster now.

#401745 - 02/21/12 03:18 AM Re: Buying a new computer [Re: PlaceForUs]
Cata Offline

Loc: Here & there
[quote=PlaceForUs]I have owned HP for long time, and it has been solid. Just upgraded to Windows 7 and it seems to be even faster now. [/quote]

Yes, I also have an HP with 8 Gb of RAM and it works very smoothly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (estatereal, sualk54, Mr. Clean, 1 invisible), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 79
Vermont 41
estatereal 18
RonnieEmz 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 16
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
waka 9