Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 44
C21Mr.May 17
Daniel1234 16
Trouble 15
Z06Fanatic 12
RonnieEmz 10
David Hunter 9
zhenbuxianghua 9
rjlocal22 8
VABroker 7
sualk54 5
nopeda 5
Bigtoe 5
JohnN 5
miracle 4
Matched Content
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#346364 - 08/03/10 07:30 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: Devil's Advocate]
amasters Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
An inspection may uncover certain problems that aren't covered under the protection plan. I think an inspection is still worth it.

Advertisements
#349448 - 08/26/10 10:06 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: amasters]
OverTheEdge Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Middle of Ohio
We have a form that is titled, For your Protection, get a home inspection. All buyers that don't want an inspection, sign it. It covers you when they try to come back.

#351568 - 09/16/10 03:45 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: OverTheEdge]
Devil's Advocate Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
You might consider the following form should a buyer decline to have an inspection of the subject property completed.

TO: (Brokerage Firm)

AND TO: (Registrant)

Re: (Property Address)

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

I, the undersigned hereby acknowledge that you have advised me that the inspection
of the house situated on the above noted property may reveal certain defects and/or
hazzards that may not be acceptable to me.

I, further acknowledge that you have advised me to obtain an inspection of the house
in question by a qualified house inspector and that I declined to do so.

I, further acknowledge that you advised me concerning the adverse affect my decision
may have and I am content to accept the risks attached thereto.

Dated at .................. this ................day of .................................., 20.........

Witness:

.................................... .

Clients Signature

Clients Signature

(Note That there is a problem in formating here and that the witnesses sigatures are placed on the left and the clients signature are opposite on the right side of the page, "Acknowledgement" is centered.)

Important Notice: This information is provided as basic educational information by the author and is not a substitute for the advice of an expert and/or the advice of a lawyer. There is NO representation as to legality, accuracy, correctness of the herein information and the reader is strongly urged to consult a lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction to ensure accuracy before acting on this information .

Edited by Devil's Advocate (09/16/10 03:59 PM)

#365047 - 01/29/11 10:54 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: Devil's Advocate]
JohnJohny Offline

Loc: New York, USA
There's no such thing as a perfect building/house. Even the ones built today have serious flaws and cheap materials, not to mention careless carpenters. The things the average person cannot see are also likely to be the most serious. Not having an inspection is just plain foolish and that's putting it moderately.

#379925 - 06/18/11 08:30 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
zcoplan Offline

Loc: Arizona
I recommend getting a home inspection to all of my clients. It doesn't matter if they are investments that will be rented out or new homes being built. It is the piece of mind, you will receive knowing you had it all checked out. Even in the new builds the home inspectors typically find some problems that need to be addressed.

#381931 - 07/05/11 07:44 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
Andrewmoving Offline

Loc: California
Thank you for the answers, it was helpful

#381938 - 07/05/11 08:10 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: OverTheEdge]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: OverTheEdge
We have a form that is titled, For your Protection, get a home inspection. All buyers that don't want an inspection, sign it. It covers you when they try to come back.

We use that form in VA also. HUD requires that form to be signed regardless of getting or skipping a home inspection. I've had either Fannie or Freddie also require the form even though it's clearly written in the contract that the buyer is having a home inspection. I suspect they want it signed in case the buyer backs out of getting their home inspection and then comes crying after settlement that there's a serious problem with the property.

I always get that signed even if my buyers are having an inspection as proof that we discussed home inspections.

I recently did a transaction as a listing agent and the buyer's agent handwrote in the contract that buyer (owner-occupied) would have a home inspection for informational purposes only. This agent did NOT include the standard home inspection clause - which I always doctor up to meet my buyers' specifications. Well, he didn't have that clause at all in the contract (yippee for my seller!!!), and, there were several problems with the property. They all passed appraisal but appraisers aren't electricians.

GET A HOME INSPECTION. You're buying a piece of property that has a value of tens upon tens of thousands of dollars and you want to skip it to save a couple hundred? Dumb!

Then there's the guy who paid all cash and didn't think he'd need title insurance....

#389289 - 09/14/11 09:51 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
RichmondMan Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Good question! Personally, inspections are needed and important from many views. Among the main items to check and inspect during a PDI (Pre-delivery inspections) are:
http://ellidavis.com/toronto-real-estate-news/2011/09/tarion-new-home-inspection

* air conditioning, heating, air distribution systems
* water, sewage (or a septic system), drains, and all related plumbing
* electrical systems, wiring, power distribution, data cables and networks, radio and coaxial cables
* quality of craftsmanship with tiles, ceramic fixtures (bathtubs, toilets, and sinks), caulking and insulation, and mould prevention
* safety and sturdiness of cabinets, shelves, doors, windows, kitchen appliances, stairs, and floors
* the quality of the entire construction, specifics depending on the type of house and the materials used
* the roof and its ability to protect the house from rain, withstand wind, and ventilate the house appropriately
* any exterior appliances that were “bundled” with the house or condo, including a garage, the sod/grass, a fence, or benches
* and more

Edited by RichmondMan (09/14/11 09:51 AM)

#398640 - 01/12/12 06:23 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
LegalLawMaster Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US...
I would say your best bet is to get an inspection. If you do not, it could come back to you in the future and you could have problems. There may be something in the house that you missed and it is better to be safe than sorry.

#402858 - 03/07/12 10:44 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
David Anderson Offline

Loc: UK
Yes, you need to arrange a professional building inspection. It can be cheap as compared to what you might be facing.

#403117 - 03/09/12 10:09 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
You should always have an inspection done before purchasing a property. There is never a good excuse not to spend an extra few hundred dollars to get one done. Good luck.

#404415 - 04/04/12 08:26 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
brucemoe37 Offline

Loc: India
Yes inspection is very much required an would be very helpful and you would be safe at house. Its for sure that you won't be cheated at the time of buying house or any rental house and would also increase the value of your property.

#404429 - 04/04/12 03:26 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: Devil's Advocate]
Tandem Realty Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
And not only will the inspection give you peace of mind in the present, but if you do buy the house you'll be able to know what to look for in the future in relation to potential maintenance issues. I think it gives you an overall better awareness of what you, as the buyer, are financially getting into 5-10 years in advance. With home ownership, the less surprises the better.

#405491 - 04/24/12 10:51 AM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
BusinessJohn Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I always recommend to all my clients that they hire a professional home inspector and carefully review the written home inspection report.

Of course, any items needing repairs listed in the home inspection report can be used for further negotiations.

Some of my clients are investors who purchase houses regularly and conduct their own home inspections. As an agent, I cover myself by recommending that they hire a professional home inspector.

However, as an experience investor myself who has purchased and renovated houses, I also do my own home inspections. If my inspection discovers something I am not familiar with, I will then bring one of my contractors to the house to advise me.

#405752 - 04/27/12 05:22 PM Re: Is inspection needed? [Re: jusbout40]
shurdul Offline

Loc: USA
I think it's need mate! That's a main thing in Real Estate.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
MOFonts, D Kearney, mispoken, Deepak Goradia, koz
29170 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (MOFonts, nopeda, MoneyMaker, 1 invisible), 276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27157672
No new orders today 12953488
Stupid MLS comments. 3205348
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1146597
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1020942
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 998561
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 789976
Let's talk about our cars 643961
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 581452