Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269173
No new orders today 13101734
Stupid MLS comments. 3276640
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189411
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061104
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028111
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822580
Let's talk about our cars 670942
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602690
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592365
Most common items found at an REO 575887
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419404
asset val seminar in colorado 407142
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306757
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288977 - 05/03/09 08:51 PM Advice on agent website content
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
I'm going to be working on designing my website this week and wanted to get some recommendations from everyone as far as what kind of content to put on it.

I know the common ones, my listings, a property search, my bio, my blog, my company's info, contact info, but I wanted to hear from you to see what other not-so-common features you've heard good things about from your clients/prospects.

The company that sets up our websites is going to go over some of the SEO things with me this week, so I should have a good start on being searchable, but once a prospect finds my site, I want them to see a value in it.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Advertisements
#288993 - 05/03/09 10:13 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
ColoBroker Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Northern Colorado
Information about any type of property that you might specialize in. Like on my website I have a page about farmland. And a page about foreclosures.

#289002 - 05/03/09 11:37 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: ColoBroker]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
You need to put google analytics into your site. It's free and you can track how many are going to your site,how long they are staying,and what page a majority are clicking off of and leaving your site. That is generally your weakest page. The goal is to get critical info on their sign up form. Make the signup form ask just a few questions or you will have a low sign up rate.

You also need to do social networking with a one way backlink in your blogs etc. back to your websites.

A ton of other stuff you need to do.This will get you started.

#289010 - 05/04/09 06:32 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: super realtor]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
And put a link to your site in your signature here on the forum.

#289340 - 05/05/09 10:27 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
VacationGuy Offline

Loc: SC, US
I would disect my market and do some research on what people are looking for - foreclosure - is the buzz word of today!

for sellers you need to rank for "(your city) real estate" for buyers you need to rank for what they are looking for.

A website is a long term strategy not something that will just automatically make you money - but its a great tool!!

#318113 - 12/16/09 03:41 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: VacationGuy]
francophile Offline

Loc: E Sussex, England
Good original content for both clients and search engines. Group your related content by category (silo), and use LSI for each page.

SEO
SEO Advice

#351039 - 09/11/10 02:06 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: francophile]
LVVR Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
I find stat counter works much better than google analytics. It updates a lot faster too.

#370944 - 03/28/11 03:18 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
RTChris Offline

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Add in your Twitter feed if you are active there. Other than that, information that revolves around your target niche.

Aside from Google Analytics, there's also GetClicky.com.

#376369 - 05/20/11 12:19 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
patrickz Offline

Loc: Southern California
It's always a good idea to include a lead capture form on your website. You'll want to include links to your social media accounts, as well (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)

#395048 - 11/18/11 08:22 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Leon FS Offline

Loc: WA
I think it involved key words and a clear call to action. The key words will draw in the traffic but then the user needs to be clearly directed to the call to action.

#395140 - 11/19/11 02:57 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Atlanta_Guy Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Get some testimonials on your home page...but post the real ones, don't try to write them yourself, not even rephrase the ones you got from your clients. And make an ongoing practice out of it...ask from every happy client you represent a testimonial, maybe even direct them to third-party websites - like your google local page

#398211 - 01/06/12 12:03 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
SaltspringRE Offline

Loc: Gulf Islands BC
Of course you need original content but you have to look at the delivery method. A good site will have lots of written articles with a strong video and audio presences. Not everyone wants to read 40 pages of stuff. Lots of people like vids. I'm always surprised at how few people shoot youtube vids.

#398220 - 01/06/12 07:58 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: SaltspringRE]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: SaltspringRE
I'm always surprised at how few people shoot youtube vids.

I pretty much live on the internet and when I am shopping for something I blow right past the sites that make me watch a video rather then let me find the info I am looking for.

I can scan 30 pages of content to see if they have what I am looking for way way faster than it takes to sit through a video that might or might not contain the info I am looking for. I have seen too many videos that did not contain what I was looking for to waste my time looking at any more.

If the video people don't change the way things are currently being done the video craze will fade away. We sell a product that is not us. When we force people to look at us instead of what they are looking for we will lose them. People shopping for a home are not looking to be entertained. Plus most of that stuff doesn't work on my ipad.

My video-less internet presence generated over $150k for me last year.

#400761 - 02/08/12 07:58 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
realyte Offline

Loc: CA, USA
The most important thing is good quality unique content. Most sites don't have dynamic content people actually want to read. It is probably the most difficult thing to do, but if you can do it you will be ahead of most of your competition.

#401117 - 02/13/12 03:05 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
PlaceForUs Offline

Loc: Chicago
Content is the king, for both people reading on your website as well as the search engines. Google will eventually catch on practices solely to feed search engine, so make your site design such where both people and search are happy.

#401601 - 02/18/12 03:15 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
SaltspringRE Offline

Loc: Gulf Islands BC
Hi Bigtoe I have been on your site and it is really good. Lots of good quality info but all people do not like getting the info the same way. I find if you write a good quality blog post, then do a video of the same info and after that do a podcast of the same info you are hitting those that like to read, those that like to watch and those that like to listen. We all like to gather info in different ways. The question is how much more would you make if you were to podcast and or video some of your really good content?

#401630 - 02/18/12 11:07 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
RussReynolds Offline

Loc: Varies
Just a note of the language you used in your original question:

"my listings, a property search, my bio, my blog, my company's info, "

That's a lot about you. Write some stuff about 'them' too. ie. what your services will do for them that they can't get anywhere else.

And, I second the idea of video too. I don't even like watching video but I am not your customer - many of your customers do like watching video and many don't. So, have articles and videos. But make them about your prospects, not about you.

#414204 - 10/10/12 02:24 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Oakland Homes Offline

Loc: Oakland, Ca US
neighborhood info, market stats..general area info as well as a great IDX would be a good start

#419192 - 01/28/13 05:15 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Mathew Offline

Loc: Brampton,Canada
I think you should hire the best content writer..

#419312 - 01/29/13 11:53 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Mathew]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Lots of excellent and varied advice about how to add content to your site. I'm sure that you will be extremely successful with your new site regardless of which direction you choose to go.

#427369 - 08/20/13 03:21 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Dave Kovaleski Offline

Loc: Poconos of Pa
Be sure to add internal pages for specific communities in your area. Use long tail keywords on those pages. Eg. If your market is Trenton NJ you want to focus your keywords for the home page to that but be sure to build internal pages for communities you specialize in and use seo/keywords specific to that community.
Hideout Homes
Hideout Real Estate

#427434 - 08/21/13 07:46 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
jaydenaldine Offline

Loc: San Deigo, CA, United States
Yes Add internal pages to your website and make a sitemap.xml file, upload it. This sitemap will help Google to know all of the pages on your website. This inturn help in indexing of all your pages. Secondly to make your website Google friendly upload Title meta tags of your website. Apply Google analytics and Webmaster verification code to it. Use H1 to H6 heading tag heirarchy in it. Put in the most important keyword in the H1 heading tag.

#429223 - 10/09/13 10:12 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
philpropexpert Offline

Loc: Philippines
I included in my website, promos and events.

Great content should be great! not only for seo purposes but also for your audience.

If they can get value info from your blogs, chances are they will spread your website to their friends. In that way, you will get a free and effective marketing effort.

#429937 - 11/03/13 10:02 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
markgriffin Offline

Loc: Calgary, Canada
What kind of website are you trying to design? Does it include specific prospect you are hoping to target? These two questions will help you understand the behavior and characteristic of a website you are going create. Before you put anything on it (content, design, etc.) these questions must first be answered.

#430386 - 11/20/13 03:51 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Joe Hayden Offline

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
I suggest taking an objective look around your area and considering 4-5 hyper-local neighborhoods / subdivisions to focus on with great content. You have to find a niche on the web, especially if you face significant competition. Keeping the number of areas to focus on relatively small will help you have time to develop the quality of content necessary to rank.

#430395 - 11/21/13 05:15 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
TheVenturiTeam Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I have visited your site LisaDArnold and it is beautiful. As for content, how about creating a tab for your blog and attach it to your site. This way your website will always have fresh content available.

You might also want to make your site full width so that you can incorporate more plugins like, market valuation, what's happening in your area, your own listed properties, etc.

#433029 - 02/14/14 07:54 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Bigtoe]
MyCupOfTea Offline

Loc: Arizona
I agree that videos are annoying and so is music or a voice over that starts up as soon as the site appears. Imagine all the people who are searching while supposedly working. Noise coming from the computer is a dead giveaway.

#433609 - 03/04/14 09:50 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: MyCupOfTea]
MoveToSprings.co Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
Content is still King. Google Owns Youtube..So therefore, those agent that utilize video and Google Plus have a better chance of showing up organically.

#433888 - 03/11/14 01:50 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Anuradha Saxena Offline

Loc: India
You can add Live Support Chatting and add more features section with photos with exact location. And better will add the GEO map location identification.

#434128 - 03/16/14 10:33 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Waterview Offline

Loc: Panama City Beach Florida
Look at other successful websites that are doing what you are trying to do. Get ideas from them. Have good content that will allow you to use your website as a good reference when you are talking to a buyer on the phone. If it is good enough for you to repeatedly use as a reference, it will be good enough for everyone else. Be the best resource out there for your niche. Make sure your site is very easy to navigate and use.

#435457 - 04/21/14 12:08 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Vishal Desai Offline

Loc: Texas
Sure I agree "Content is King" I would recommend getting content from Article directories like Ezine. Search for article directories in google.

Thanks,
http://www.lending3.com/

#435980 - 05/13/14 10:29 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
OttawaRealEstate Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
I have to agree with community/neighbourhood pages. While they might not have huge search volume like "city real estate" they generally aren't as competitive and can pull in some nice low hanging fruit traffic.

#436950 - 06/19/14 06:12 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
FlyerCo Offline

Loc: Orange County, California
Research keywords that people are searching for and design articles around that.

The average article in the #1 spot by google is 2200 words. Make sure your on page SEO is perfect as well.

and if you want that content to rank, drive some QUALITY backlinks to it.

#437114 - 06/24/14 07:33 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Mike Vali Offline

Loc: Colorado,USA
i think so original content for both clients and search engines. Group your related content by category.

#438609 - 08/26/14 06:24 AM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
GICDealFinder Offline

Loc: Riverside, CA
Don't forget the social network icons on your website. :)

#457622 - 05/02/17 09:11 PM Re: Advice on agent website content [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Barbara Herbert Offline

Loc: Grove City, Ohio, United State...
the best way to start is build your social profile first. Build an audience. no one will look at your website if you have no audience. and some people prefer to look at facebook page.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Trouble, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 10