Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268008
No new orders today 13101608
Stupid MLS comments. 3276550
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189293
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061076
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028078
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822483
Let's talk about our cars 670865
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602674
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592268
Most common items found at an REO 575804
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440706
Main Street 419371
asset val seminar in colorado 407130
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340419
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306740
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#286417 - 04/16/09 06:26 PM Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure
Don-COH Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have downloaded several themes for my WP RE site (anything that caught my eye and was free), but I wanted to finalize which direction I want to go, before I get to deep into customizing it. (I am currently using the Cutline theme)
Here is my question:
If I purchase a sharp professional-type theme that looks like a million $, will I lose out on any SEO vs. using a more basic, easy to "crawl" design? I really like the WP Pro Real Estate theme by Theme Forest dot net, but I realize that it is really a web site built on WP, vs. a true blog. That said, would a site like that really miss out on a lot of optimization "points", or would content and keywords trump all other factors (apparently the header text on that WP Pro theme is not real "text" but is generated in some other way, so that it can look really slick, but still be viewable on any PC, no matter what fonts they have installed).

Advertisements
#286697 - 04/18/09 10:15 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Don-COH]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
There are thousands and thousands of WP themes out there.

You should be able to find one that is aesthetically pleasing AND has a decent SEO build to it. You shouldn't have to make a choice IMO.

#287041 - 04/20/09 09:05 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Malok]
wkmattingly Offline

Loc: lexington, ky
I still don't get this wordpress thing. Is it just used to build SEO to your website? Is it attached to your website? How are the both of you using it?
www.wademattingly.com

#287043 - 04/20/09 09:11 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: wkmattingly]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
wordpress is blog software, free for anyone to use. It's not to "build SEO" for your site - but the template should be seo friendly.

you "build SEO" with content and links.

#287055 - 04/20/09 11:04 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
wkmattingly Offline

Ok, I tried to download it and I get nothing. Seems to not be real user friendly. Or the more obvious option, I'm an internet idiot. LOL
www.wademattingly.com

#287056 - 04/20/09 11:18 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
wkmattingly Offline

Ok, I tried to download it and I get nothing. Seems to not be real user friendly. Or the more obvious option, I'm an internet idiot. LOL
www.wademattingly.com

#287095 - 04/21/09 09:30 AM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: wkmattingly]
Don-COH Offline

WK -
Wordpress IS your web site. Your site would be built on their blog software. You hear so much about it b/c it is very search engine friendly, very flexible and fairly easy to work with. There are many sites that you might come across, and not even realize that they are built on Wordpress, since you can customize it to your liking.
Get on YouTube, and search for videos on Wordpress--that should help. I would also recommend getting a free wordpress site (just in the beginning) at Wordpress.com, and you can get your feet wet there.
If you already have a site through your broker, I might stick with that for now, and wade slowly into the other things. If you really want to get a full blown Wordpress blog up and running, you might want to pay someone to do it (maybe a college student or something).

#287096 - 04/21/09 09:34 AM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Malok]
Don-COH Offline

Originally Posted By: Malok
There are thousands and thousands of WP themes out there.

You should be able to find one that is aesthetically pleasing AND has a decent SEO build to it. You shouldn't have to make a choice IMO.

Malok - Thanks for the reply. My design sensibilities tend to get the best of me sometimes, and cause me to forget the bigger picture - its about the content. Some of the top RE agent/bloggers sites don't seem to be the flashiest...

#303649 - 08/23/09 03:34 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Don-COH]
SamIngersoll Offline

Loc: PA, USA
If you need a great Wordpress optimized theme try StudioPress or DIYThemes.com

These are done by the Best coders in the world.

If you want to integrate IDX Listings into Wordpress click on www.TheLocalExpert.com

Take a look at the Font Size and Structure. All you need is a basic structure. Big fonts, Georgia style will look the best and increase the time visitors spend on your website.

I'm at www.SamIngersoll.com if you need some specific advice.

#303871 - 08/25/09 01:13 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: SamIngersoll]
eppraisal.com Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
In general, you should stay away from templates that generate links dynamically. When you first launch a site, crawlers are your most frequent repeat visitor. Give the crawlers what they want to see, then find ways to make that more attractive as you get more human visitors.

#307100 - 09/21/09 03:25 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: eppraisal.com]
Logan UT Realtor Offline

Loc: UT
Wordpress is a great place to gain in bound links to your main site. If you do setup a wordpress blog, and you have another site, the blog is one of the best ways to drive traffic to your static website.

If you want to just go with a wordpress site as your main site, I would recommend using some of the better themes out there. There only like $100, and they are really good looking. Just google: "real estate wordpress themes" and you will have plenty to choose from.

Edited by Logan UT Realtor (09/21/09 03:26 PM)

#318111 - 12/16/09 03:29 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Logan UT Realtor]
francophile Offline

Loc: E Sussex, England
My vote goes for the free Mimbo template - a clean professional design.

SEO
SEO Advice

#411296 - 08/14/12 02:59 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Don-COH]
savvymoney Offline

Loc: Canada
http://templatic.com/app-themes/real-estate-wordpress-theme-templatic/ -- this is the best wordpress real-estate them I've found. Very flexible and very professional.

#411929 - 08/28/12 04:50 AM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Don-COH]
Mobile Sites Offline

Loc: Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada
Your site is designed to get leads not sell the home....Stick with unique content ...not a lot just a few pages and a listings section A MUST....than contact forms all over the place one on every page.....and don`t forget the mobile market....
Here is a demo....
http://send-me-to.net/MobileDemo/tid-mobileagent

#412133 - 09/01/12 02:08 PM Re: Wordpress Question - Beauty or Structure [Re: Don-COH]
Marketing_Guy44 Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Happy medium is what your focus should be. You don't want those websites that are prebuilt with very little visual appeal. However, you can find a ice design and layout and maintain functionality with IDX. Thats what I have done and am very satisfied with my decision thus far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (grexley, busybpobee), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 77
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10