Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269173
No new orders today 13101734
Stupid MLS comments. 3276640
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189411
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061104
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028111
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822580
Let's talk about our cars 670942
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602690
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592365
Most common items found at an REO 575887
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419404
asset val seminar in colorado 407142
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306757
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275471 - 02/12/09 10:47 PM Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week
dewdrops7 Offline

Loc: San Gabriel Valley, CA
Hello,

I am new here. I am taking the salesperson examination next week. I live in CA. I have been studying my course material but I am very curious about the exam itself. Does any one know how it is administered in CAódo you bubble in a Scantron form or is it on a computer? Are you allowed to use your own pencils, calculator, and scrap paper or do they supply that?

Thank you.

Advertisements
#275481 - 02/13/09 12:05 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
nwrealtor Offline

Loc: Seattle Area
You'll find the answers to your questions at the following websites:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/exm_home.html
http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ref02.pdf

Good Luck!

Edited by nwrealtor (02/13/09 12:08 AM)

#275507 - 02/13/09 06:29 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: nwrealtor]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
Good luck!

I finish my pre-licensing class today and feel confident enough to try to schedule my NJ exam for tomorrow. I just have to wait until class finishes today before I can get the certification numbers to register for the exam.

Not sure about CA, but in NJ we can only bring in our ID and a simple calculator, no scientific ones. Everything else gets locked in a locker outside of the testing room. The test is administered by computer and I'll get my results as soon as I finish.

#276084 - 02/16/09 12:30 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: BoneFish]
shana Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Nevada
I've heard that in California, they may station an armed guard at each table, so as to discourage cheating. I haven't been able to verify it yet, so don't let this make you nervous.

#276175 - 02/16/09 06:56 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: shana]
Steve Howe Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
In Minnesota it was on computer. You could have paper and they provided a calculator.

Ask your instructors, they should know more than any of us I'm sure.
SteveH [at] MNRealEstateTeam [dot] com

#276239 - 02/16/09 10:12 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
Viktor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Dallas, TX
Yeap, market is bad, but you have to try. Here in TX we can't use calculators, I donít know how it is CA.
http://homesforsaleindfw.com
http://northdallas.blogspot.com
Viktor.RealtyBG@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/viktortaushanov

I love referrals!

#276256 - 02/16/09 11:11 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Viktor]
dial1010 Offline

Loc: CA
It is a multiple choice from a,b,c or d and yes you need to bubble it in the scantron.
The test seems easy but it is not easy. I'm not discourageing you. Make sure you study enough to get 70% in order to pass the test.

Good Luck!!!

#276300 - 02/17/09 09:09 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dial1010]
MrsSea Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Good luck!

In my market, we need a 75% to pass each half of the exam! If anything, I haven't gotten much discourgagement from anyone other than my parents, but even brokers and branch managers will at least tell you something to the effect that this is a "trying/questionable time to get started"...and of course you will get others telling you "Why...the market is bad" based on their limited knowledge simply because they watch the news...make a plan and go for it, CNN and MSNBC don't speak for me!

#276463 - 02/18/09 07:53 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
In NJ it's 70% on both sections to pass the test. General RE is 80 questions and NJ RE law is 35 questions. All done on computer, can bring a simple calculator in with you, but the computer does provide a calculator program.

I took my exam yesterday, passed on the first try. I have a meeting with my new broker tomorrow to sign my contract and get to work. I'm nervous about the market, but 3 houses in my neighborhood that have been for sale for ever have either sold or are now under contract, all since the beginning of the year. I don't know how the rest of the local market is faring, but I take what's happening in my neighborhood as a good sign!

Good luck to all who are in school or taking the test soon. Lets prove all the neigh-sayers wrong.

#276481 - 02/18/09 10:12 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
dial1010 Offline

Good luck Rainbowtyedye!!!

#277462 - 02/23/09 10:16 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Viktor]
TXrealtor Offline

Loc: texas
[quote=Viktor]Yeap, market is bad, but you have to try. Here in TX we can't use calculators, I donít know how it is CA. [/quote]

I just took the TX exam last week and we were allowed to bring a calculator.
The computer also has a calculator on it.

#279664 - 03/05/09 10:07 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dial1010]
Steve Howe Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Actually, the exam was pretty straight forward.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I actually got 80 out of 80 questions CORRECT on the Federal Exam. The Minnesota State Exam was a little tougher, having to deal with more legal issues than I was ready for. But I still passed just fine.

Don't let anyone tell you "you can't make it". Millionaires and Successful People aren't the ones that do everything that's easy. They are the ones who risk losing everything, but gain the most in the end. Even after failing several times, they find a way to succeed.
SteveH [at] MNRealEstateTeam [dot] com

#279761 - 03/06/09 12:10 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
TDG Offline

Loc: Columbia, SC
The SC test was on a computer and it was multiple choice. We could use a calculator and scratch sheet of paper. The most important thing is to do your best and if you don't pass the first time try again. Don't let anything discourage you from your dreams.

#279764 - 03/06/09 12:31 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
MrsSea Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve Howe
Actually, the exam was pretty straight forward.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I actually got 80 out of 80 questions CORRECT on the Federal Exam. The Minnesota State Exam was a little tougher, having to deal with more legal issues than I was ready for. But I still passed just fine.

Don't let anyone tell you "you can't make it". Millionaires and Successful People aren't the ones that do everything that's easy. They are the ones who risk losing everything, but gain the most in the end. Even after failing several times, they find a way to succeed.

*does the not worthy bow*

THANK YOU!!! Even in this economy, it's all about creativity and determination...there is no reason why this cannot be a passion of ours and we can't be successful...LET'S DO TI!!!

#285362 - 04/07/09 10:32 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
derekestate Offline

Loc: california
hey, i just took the test 3 weeks ago the 2nd time around and passed. At first I studied from a software that my friend recommended and I failed because there's like 2000 questions to study from.

Then I decided to look for another guide to study and found this website with a test prep. The questions were almost exactly the ones on the california test. http://www.carealestateexams.com/ IMO well worth the 25 bucks. if you over the math problems from this test, it will really help you out on the exam because everything was so easy after studying from this guide. i studied for 3-4 days from this guide 4-5 hrs cause i didn't want to fail again. anyways good luck!

#294087 - 06/08/09 01:37 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
EXITREALTYNS Offline

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia
I have agreat company I can refer you to if you are interested.....PM me

#302593 - 08/14/09 09:59 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: EXITREALTYNS]
MovingCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide

This is a great blog post about how your DISC Personality Profile can help prepare a new agent for what their strengths and weaknesses might be as a real estate agent.

The Keller Center Research Report: What Does Your DISC Profile and Sales Confidence Have in Common?

#305300 - 09/06/09 09:20 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
CodyGA Offline

Loc: West Georgia, United States
I just completed my online pre-licensing course with Allied Schools and am waiting to take their final exam (different from the state licensing exam). I hope to have everything done and have my license within the next two weeks so I can start marketing myself and hopefully bringing in some business before the $8,000 tax credit goes away -- I'm hoping it gets extended though.

#305302 - 09/06/09 09:35 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: CodyGA]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
The state part is harder than the other part. It is a shorter test, but study more for it. This is true in VA anyway.
Tax credit is not a major deal, look more broadly if you can. Establish your sphere of infuence. Work your A$$ off for as long as you can. You'll make it.

Pretend you are a plane taking off. Don't cruise 'til 30000 ft.

#305969 - 09/11/09 06:38 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
REODevelopment Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
You can find the answers here!

Good luck!

#307748 - 09/27/09 01:38 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: REODevelopment]
CodyGA Offline

Finally have scheduled my exam; after last weeks major flood down in Georgia I had to reschedule. Any last minute tips on what to study for the Georgia licensing? I've read what it consists of on goamp.com but thought I'd ask to try and get more specific suggestions.

#309684 - 10/14/09 11:28 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
derekestate Offline

Loc: california
good luck!

#310105 - 10/18/09 12:12 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: derekestate]
CodyGA Offline

Took It. Passed It. Got my license. Signed with a brokerage. Now sorta stuck on what to do next.

#314755 - 11/21/09 11:47 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: CodyGA]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
Congratulations!

#314762 - 11/22/09 01:09 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: LizL]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
Get sales..........

HOW? Talk to your broker! smile

They will give you the next step and if you do it you will be ahead of 80 percent of everyone else who cries it is too hard and I don't want to do that.

#315735 - 11/30/09 08:25 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: super realtor]
loneman951 Offline

Loc: socal
Did you pass the test? If not, here's a great school for ya:
www.retrainers.com they have a great weekend cram course.

#318831 - 12/21/09 09:27 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Viktor]
Agent Propeller Offline

Loc: USA
C'mon now, Victor, calculators...

I know how the BG education system thought us back in the day...each one of us had an "ELKA" available ;)

Edited by Agent Propeller (12/21/09 09:28 PM)

#319181 - 12/24/09 10:35 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Agent Propeller]
Grampa Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Margaritaville
In FL they have lockers at the door. You put your calculators, Cell Phones, Wallet (purses for those that carry them and anything else that you brought with you) into the locker prior to entering the test room. They provide a pencil and scratch paper that you must turn in at the end of the test. The test is on a computer and there are dividers between test takers.

#319470 - 12/28/09 07:35 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: nwrealtor]
jimpritchard Offline

Loc: Philippines
[quote=nwrealtor]You'll find the answers to your questions at the following websites:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ref02.pdf

Good Luck!

[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I am also about to take the exam next month.

#325097 - 02/02/10 02:30 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
vera tartan Offline

[quote=Steve Howe]Actually, the exam was pretty straight forward.

Don't let anyone tell you "you can't make it". Millionaires and Successful People aren't the ones that do everything that's easy. They are the ones who risk losing everything, but gain the most in the end. Even after failing several times, they find a way to succeed. [/quote]

I just wanted to say thank you for what you have written here. The truth is I am browsing the site tonight anxiously looking for answers. I wanted to know that if the path I am about to embark on, is in fact the right one for me. Something feels right about it, yet I was having my doubts. But now I feel confident in my decision. You have just given me impetus to go through with what I want to do. I feel like my life is about to change drastically and for the better. Thank you so very much!

#327678 - 02/19/10 07:58 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: vera tartan]
dewdrops7 Offline

Loc: San Gabriel Valley, CA
Itís hard to believe but today itís been one year since I took and passed the state exam. Although I had to wait a few days to get my results I pretty much knew I had passed. My advice to anyone taking the exam is to prepare yourself until you are confident that you can pass. In CA we can pass with 70% (105 out of 150 questions) so I think that with good preparation it is very doable. If you donít pass the first time you can always retake it but then you have to pay the fees again (and in L.A. the $14 parking fee!).

On the morning I took my exam there might have been about 50 of us taking it at the same time. I remember one of the examinees was still studying when we were lined up waiting for the elevator to go up to the exam room. Then she said something to the effect that she was still confused as to what a trust deed was. Once in the exam room we were explicitly told what items we could have on the desk and what items we could not. We were also told how and where to write our names, etc on the bubble-in form and amazingly there were people who just did not get it! The time allotted for us to finish the exam was 3 hours. The room was almost empty when there were still 45 minutes left. I was wondering if they aced it or simply gave up. I had to admit that I began feeling self-conscious as people were leaving and I still remained. But I could not leave without checking, double checking, and then checking again. In the last five minutes of the exam there were only two of us left.

This year I want to make the leap into the business. I will have to go part time because I am not financially ready to leave my job and go in full time. It is so hard to save $. I know there are mixed opinions out there on whether it is smart or not to go part time but in the end it is a personal decision and I am eager to begin. Iíll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the advice!

#342409 - 06/27/10 09:10 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
Dewdrops, half of that year is now up. How is it going for you?

#346299 - 08/03/10 06:44 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MovingCareers]
Agentt007 Offline

Loc: Louisiana
wow, thank you MovingCareers for those great site.

Once I pass the exam, KW is the company I will be working with.

Monica
Baton Rouge, La

#346636 - 08/05/10 09:15 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
rice8702 Offline

Loc: Texas
in Texas they are done on a computer...i just took it about a month ago so things are still fresh. Let me know if you have any other questions.

#346898 - 08/06/10 07:22 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
EricRE Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, CA
good luck on the exam!

#348703 - 08/20/10 01:36 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
ajaych Offline

Loc: California
I would get this Real estat trainers cd program...and also take a crash course the weekend before :) GOOD LUCK!

#348786 - 08/21/10 09:01 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: ajaych]
NMLS Test Tips Offline

Loc: US
Thanks for sharing your experience! For those just now happening upon this thread, you can watch this video to know what to expect on test day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjlJbm_BQuo&feature=related

#350731 - 09/08/10 11:57 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
Brent Mitchell Offline

Loc: TX
They should give you a few things, but I would take the essentials with you just to be on the safe side. On another note, these tests are not very straightforward; make sure to read over the questions to make sure you understand.
Online Real Estate Courses

#352236 - 09/23/10 02:35 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Brent Mitchell]
EricRE Offline

The exam is just an exam and as long you as you studied you should have done well. Good luck in real estate - the exam is only one of many hurdles!

#352829 - 09/30/10 06:43 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
agentcampus Offline

Loc: Austin,TX
why not try enrolling to California real estate exam preps to better prepare for your examination.

Most of the questions on this exam preps mimic the same questions found on the actual state exams. I already tried using such services and it help me pass my exam on the first try

#353801 - 10/07/10 11:12 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
WorkitSmart Offline

Loc: Texas - I wasn't born here, b...
I know you didn't ask this question, but I've gotten my real estate License twice. Both times I took the Real Estate Exam Prep course, and both times I aced the test. I highly recommend you take the course..

Good luck! :)

#366329 - 02/09/11 09:46 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
Flash Investing Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
This are the tips that I follow whenever I take an exam, it always help me with my exam and hopefully it can also help others who will be taking any kind of exam :

1.Read carefully. Donít miss out on words like not, except, always, never, least, and most. These words change everything!

2.Read the answer choices carefully. The first obvious answer may be correct, but may not get you a point.

3.Some answer choices may contain an element of truth, but may not get you a point. Some questions call for the best answer.

4. Do not spend too much time on a question if you do not know the answer, skip that question and move on to the next question, just come back to the question when you have answered all other questions.

#368217 - 02/25/11 10:46 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Flash Investing]
Zeuks.com Offline

Take your time with the test. Both in the agent and broker test i was the last to leave. Not that I was unsure of my answers but i blazed trough most questions and the ones I was unsure of I made a note to go back and re-read to make sure I answered correctly. Peolple asked if I tought I passed the first time around on both licenses, and both times I was confident in saying yes, which I did. Good Luck

#368735 - 03/01/11 06:55 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
HCREBroker Offline

You can use a basic calculator in CA. They will usually have 2 administrators there, watching you, making sure that you do not cheat. Different parts of CA use different systems. Northern CA is using the instant scoring system, but Southern CA is still waiting on that and you currently have to fill in the bubbles and wait 5 days or so, to find out if you passed. By the way, I am a broker looking for agents in CA. You can work from home and I can mentor you over the phone. I offer higher splits than most. 85% and broker paid E&O or you can pay $3995 up front and keep the rest of the commission on every transaction for the next 12 months. I pay 75% commission on the first 3 deals for new agents because of the training time, but most companies only pay 60% and also charge you a franchise fee and make you pay your own E&O insurance. Would love to have you join my team!

Michelle Edmunds
Home Connections Real Estate
951-704-9091 cell

#368926 - 03/03/11 05:03 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Vancity Offline

Loc: Vancouver Canada
By scientific you mean financial calculator right? How is it that you calculate well anthing without it ? That's ruff.

#369512 - 03/10/11 01:29 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
LongTimer Offline

Loc: Wine Country, CA
Good luck! They always make the exams sound MUCH harder than they are if you know your stuff.

#369991 - 03/16/11 05:23 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
LoveProperty Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
I'm taking my Oregon exam soon and I would like to take one of these exam prep courses but don't know which one is worth the money. Any ideas?? :confused:
Thanks!!!

#372826 - 04/15/11 03:38 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
ReferralAgents Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
the market will continue to be tough for a while, but for organized and diligent people, real estate sales can be a very lucrative and rewarding career. try not to get hung up on the ups & downs of the business...easier once you have enough activity to "keep you a float"

#375244 - 05/09/11 05:01 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
Preferred_Stagng Offline

As Yoda would say, "There is no 'try', only 'do' or 'not do'."

Good luck.

#377748 - 06/02/11 11:44 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
JakeF Offline

Loc: NW Ohio
Hello all! I am finishing up the classes for Ohio at a local college this week and will be taking the exam after I get the stuff from the school. Is there anyone who took it in Ohio recently that could help me find a good study guide? I found a state of Ohio hondros guide on amazon from 2005 for $3.99. Is that worth it? I know I could look over all my notes but I am just looking for something to help me focus on the main sections. Thanks!

#382193 - 07/07/11 07:49 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
EricRE Offline

Hi Jake,

Is that guide you found the main documentation for the test? If so it wouldn't hurt to get it, but in my opinion there are a lot more resources out there that will help you pass the test - which is what you're looking for. You've got to study, pass the test and only then you will really begin to learn the real estate industry....But if you are looking for the main sections of the test then I may recommended a more test specific guide (will also be a bit more expensive than 4 bucks...maybe 50-120 or something)...this is what I did and the guide was pretty darn close to the test which made it easy...check online for some accredited online stuff (some offer refunds if you don't pass etc)

#384042 - 07/23/11 06:08 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: EricRE]
lucy9 Offline

Loc: San Diego
Honestly this website www.carealestateexams.com is what made me blow through the california test in about an hr last week.I passed easily.When I went in I was very nervous and didnt think I would pass. I was SO overwhelmed by all the course material...over 1500 pages of material. And I had heard that the dre keeps a "bank" of 3500 questions to ask, how you cant cheat by looking at a neighbors test cuz everyone has a different test etc... while searching for study guides to help me I stumbled on this website.For $25 you can download 450 questions.I downloaded, printed them all out and studied them 2 days before the test. When I took the test it seemed like all the answers on the 450 exam prep were on the test! That was the best $25 I ever spent.When you study for the exam this is all you need! Oh, by the way I was very surprised that out of the 150 questions on the exam, there were only 2 math questions. There was NOTHING on townships, figuring out the sq ft in a section etc....

#384043 - 07/23/11 06:57 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: lucy9]
lucy9 Offline

Wow ,I took the test in SD and you feel like a criminal! ALL belongings go on one common table, even water bottles.THEY provide scrappaper, oencils and calculators. We were warned about cheating and how we could be fined up to 10,000.Only one person at a time was allowed to go to the bathroom.Your license had to be on your desk at all time;all scrap aper had to be turned in with your name on it; they had 3 people constantly walking around in circles.....no gum chewing was allowed either(I was glad about that rule!),although I did notice one person who kept chewing gum anyway......I am surprised we were allowed to wear jackets,I thought they might ask us to strip down to our birthday suits and put all clothes on the common table.

#385122 - 08/01/11 07:26 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: lucy9]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
Ya, I hated going into the smelly government building in downtown San Diego to deal with it and the licensing stuff. Do they still have the tests there or do they finally use a third party company?

#385308 - 08/03/11 06:16 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: lucy9]
DRSRK Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: lucy9
Wow ,I took the test in SD and you feel like a criminal! ALL belongings go on one common table, even water bottles.THEY provide scrappaper, oencils and calculators. We were warned about cheating and how we could be fined up to 10,000.Only one person at a time was allowed to go to the bathroom.Your license had to be on your desk at all time;all scrap aper had to be turned in with your name on it; they had 3 people constantly walking around in circles.....no gum chewing was allowed either(I was glad about that rule!),although I did notice one person who kept chewing gum anyway......I am surprised we were allowed to wear jackets,I thought they might ask us to strip down to our birthday suits and put all clothes on the common table.

It was pretty much the same way in Arizona. All you could take in the room was your drivers license and a calculator everything else had to go in a locker. They made you turn your pockets inside out. When you sit at the desk they ask if you are right or left handed. If you are right handed they tell you to leave your license on the desk at all times on the left side.If you have a question or need to go to the bath room you have to raise your hand and wait until someone comes in the room to get you.
ďThere are no secrets to success: donít waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.Ē Colin Powell

#385320 - 08/03/11 08:03 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
Took the test with a woman who wasn't aloud to bring her bag into the office, not even the waiting room. She had been dropped off didn't have a car to stash her pocketbook. Not quite sure what she ended up doing.

#386151 - 08/10/11 03:47 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: jsteinhomes]
lucy9 Offline

yes its still in the gross smelly government building :rockon:

#386271 - 08/11/11 03:42 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
LuxuryLifeLA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I took it recently and passed it first time (i was finished in less than 60 minutes). If you study and actually UNDERSTAND the material, you will fly through this exam like no other. I actually found it to be one of the easiest exams i've taken to date but maybe it is because I prepared for it. I didn't study HARD, I studied SMART.

#386624 - 08/15/11 12:57 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: LuxuryLifeLA]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
Originally Posted By: LuxuryLifeLA
I took it recently and passed it first time (i was finished in less than 60 minutes). If you study and actually UNDERSTAND the material, you will fly through this exam like no other. I actually found it to be one of the easiest exams i've taken to date but maybe it is because I prepared for it. I didn't study HARD, I studied SMART.

The thing I struggle with on exams now is that I have been licensed in GA, FL and CA.

I always get messed up on the stupid things like what has to be on a brokers sign outside his shop since its different from state to state. but I have found that the definitions and law pretty much 99% carries over from state to state. And the math really never changes. You know they are gonna ask you a question about capilization rate, something about measurements, and try to trick you into confusing Effective Gross Income with NOI.

#396175 - 12/04/11 08:06 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Erik Webster]
MarthaV Offline

Loc: NE Florida
I'm taking the FL exam friday. I passed the course exam easily but the teacher taught to the test. My study partner and I are finding a lot of material that wasn't covered in our course so though I don't feel I know it all - Like tenant law and how to figure out millage for example...

I feel it's worth the $32 to find out if i know enough to pass...

My broker I will be working with says the course exam is Designed for you to pass and. The state exam is designed for you to fail.

Thoughts?

#396177 - 12/04/11 09:14 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MarthaV]
STEW Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: FLORIDA

the Florida exam is difficult and the failure rate is high. many people take the exam multiple times before passing it. the questions are quite simple to the sample questions in many of the course manuals.
I would say read every question twice as they often use double negatives or provide information not really needed to determine the answer, just mean to confuse.
no harm if you dont pass the exam the first time, just keep at it till you pass.
good luck!

#396183 - 12/05/11 04:42 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
PA Roadkill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Middle of the Interstate
I took the Florida Salesperson exam in 1996 and the broker exam in 2002. The best advice I can give is to purchase one of those (1500 questions) books and study with someone. Have them ask you the questions out loud and review, review, review.

One other note, when you take the actual exam, some of the answers will pop out right away. Answer those first. Then on some others it will be clear that only 2 of the 4 choices will work. Do them next. Then work on the "puzzlers" last. And don't sweat the so called "math". It's only 10% of the test but is usually half of the stress.

Some days I feel like the bug, other days I feel like the windshield

#396227 - 12/05/11 06:50 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: STEW]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Although I have not taken a Florida exam, I agree that on the exam I took, some questions are designed that when you first read them, the answer seems clear, but, one, tiny, itty-bitty little thing is different on the question but unless you're thinking about it, you don't really notice it. Designed to catch 'ya.

#449633 - 01/02/16 03:40 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
Dixon Offline

Loc: OH
Took it this morning and killed it! Yay!

#449634 - 01/02/16 04:24 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Dixon]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Dixon
Took it this morning and killed it!

I'm not surprised . . . . as you described your situation, this wasn't going to be a frivolous venture for you.

And that usually leads to serious, focused, and clear thinking. People with their backs up against the wall are usually able to perform far better than those who have some kind of comfortable exit strategy.

Congratulations are still in order; I feel good for you !

#449641 - 01/02/16 10:21 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Vermont]
Dixon Offline

Loc: OH
Thank you very much. The kind words definitely help when the future isn't certain.

I have my first Open House tomorrow with my manager. Ready to get this ball rolling!

Edited by Dixon (01/02/16 10:22 AM)

#450282 - 02/03/16 09:41 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
minneapolis Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Hello Steve
may name is Bendu Nimley.I just joint the agentsonline as I was reading everyone post about the PSI exam I came across your post that you said you passed both test and you passed the National test with 80%. well I am a new agent but I did pass my State exam but I didn't pass my national exam yet I am finding it hard to pass this test I have study so heard for this test and still can't pass it. so I am reaching out to you and saying I need some help or maybe you can tell me which study guide you use.
also if anyone from Minnesota know about the National PSI exam please I need some help passing this test the next time I go to take it

Edited by minneapolis (02/03/16 09:46 AM)

#455414 - 11/14/16 04:33 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
CaliforniaT Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
Just passed the cal exam in Los Angeles. The test was done on computer. You cannot bring anything into the room with you ( including jewelry, phone, watch, etc). There are moderators that walk the room. The calculator and white board are provided. You get your results upon finishing :-)

#455636 - 11/26/16 09:04 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
JasonKaltz Offline

Congratulations on passing.

#458043 - 06/11/17 11:55 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: CaliforniaT]
Brooke Harper Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
@CaliforniaT. A huge congratulations on passing the exams! Moderators roaming around sound better than armed guards being stationed beside each table -- that's one of the comments I read on the first part of the thread.

#458062 - 06/13/17 01:16 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
FloridaExclusive Offline

Loc: Florida
Well done.

#458067 - 06/13/17 04:48 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: minneapolis]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
If it's similar to Virginia's National and State exams, there will be differences in rules/regs or whatever and you just gotta know which belongs to which. Again, those 'gotcha' questions...one tiny itty-bitty little change in the question - you think it looks right, but, you have to focus on what does the National require versus the State. When I took and studied for my broker's exam (the next level up in Virginia), another agent who had her sales license much longer than I, we went to the classes and "THE" exams together. Turns out, her only form of studying was when she was in class. Me? I studied like crazy, many hours every day. We do the 1.5 hours drive to take the exams. She finishes before me! I'm going through all the questions I KNOW the answers to and then focused on the tricky ones last. I took my time (or nearly the full amount that was allotted - why rush it?). I went out to the waiting room and waited for the results. I passed both exams...the other agent, failed the State one! She was shocked as could be...well, she didn't study and was overly-confident. The person who thinks they have all the answers, who thinks they are extremely confident...those are the ones more bound to fail. Even if all you do I study the National, you'll still need to know the differences in your State's requirements.

#458570 - 07/28/17 12:19 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
TopAgentKen Offline

Loc: Ca
For those in California taking the Salesperson Lic exam, i highly suggest buying "Barron's Real Estate Licensing Exams, 10th Edition" i found it real helpful to see study notes on each RE term. Its under $15 bucks. I was able to crack the book open and have a easy read and understood the RE term faster and better. It gives you 4 prep test about 80 questions in the back each and your able to see your weakness and focus mainly on those chapters in your general text books.

And most of all relax, remember its just a test if you believe you will achieve.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Trouble, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 10