Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28267111
No new orders today 13101564
Stupid MLS comments. 3276520
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189245
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061051
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028032
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822465
Let's talk about our cars 670832
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602663
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592239
Most common items found at an REO 575727
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440692
Main Street 419354
asset val seminar in colorado 407119
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340410
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306725
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396177 - 12/04/11 09:14 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MarthaV]
STEW Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: FLORIDA

the Florida exam is difficult and the failure rate is high. many people take the exam multiple times before passing it. the questions are quite simple to the sample questions in many of the course manuals.
I would say read every question twice as they often use double negatives or provide information not really needed to determine the answer, just mean to confuse.
no harm if you dont pass the exam the first time, just keep at it till you pass.
good luck!

Advertisements
#396183 - 12/05/11 04:42 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
PA Roadkill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Middle of the Interstate
I took the Florida Salesperson exam in 1996 and the broker exam in 2002. The best advice I can give is to purchase one of those (1500 questions) books and study with someone. Have them ask you the questions out loud and review, review, review.

One other note, when you take the actual exam, some of the answers will pop out right away. Answer those first. Then on some others it will be clear that only 2 of the 4 choices will work. Do them next. Then work on the "puzzlers" last. And don't sweat the so called "math". It's only 10% of the test but is usually half of the stress.

Some days I feel like the bug, other days I feel like the windshield

#396227 - 12/05/11 06:50 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: STEW]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Although I have not taken a Florida exam, I agree that on the exam I took, some questions are designed that when you first read them, the answer seems clear, but, one, tiny, itty-bitty little thing is different on the question but unless you're thinking about it, you don't really notice it. Designed to catch 'ya.

#449633 - 01/02/16 03:40 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
Dixon Offline

Loc: OH
Took it this morning and killed it! Yay!

#449634 - 01/02/16 04:24 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Dixon]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Dixon
Took it this morning and killed it!

I'm not surprised . . . . as you described your situation, this wasn't going to be a frivolous venture for you.

And that usually leads to serious, focused, and clear thinking. People with their backs up against the wall are usually able to perform far better than those who have some kind of comfortable exit strategy.

Congratulations are still in order; I feel good for you !

#449641 - 01/02/16 10:21 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Vermont]
Dixon Offline

Loc: OH
Thank you very much. The kind words definitely help when the future isn't certain.

I have my first Open House tomorrow with my manager. Ready to get this ball rolling!

Edited by Dixon (01/02/16 10:22 AM)

#450282 - 02/03/16 09:41 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
minneapolis Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Hello Steve
may name is Bendu Nimley.I just joint the agentsonline as I was reading everyone post about the PSI exam I came across your post that you said you passed both test and you passed the National test with 80%. well I am a new agent but I did pass my State exam but I didn't pass my national exam yet I am finding it hard to pass this test I have study so heard for this test and still can't pass it. so I am reaching out to you and saying I need some help or maybe you can tell me which study guide you use.
also if anyone from Minnesota know about the National PSI exam please I need some help passing this test the next time I go to take it

Edited by minneapolis (02/03/16 09:46 AM)

#455414 - 11/14/16 04:33 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
CaliforniaT Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
Just passed the cal exam in Los Angeles. The test was done on computer. You cannot bring anything into the room with you ( including jewelry, phone, watch, etc). There are moderators that walk the room. The calculator and white board are provided. You get your results upon finishing :-)

#455636 - 11/26/16 09:04 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
JasonKaltz Offline

Loc: California
Congratulations on passing.

#458043 - 06/11/17 11:55 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: CaliforniaT]
Brooke Harper Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
@CaliforniaT. A huge congratulations on passing the exams! Moderators roaming around sound better than armed guards being stationed beside each table -- that's one of the comments I read on the first part of the thread.

#458062 - 06/13/17 01:16 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
FloridaExclusive Offline

Loc: Florida
Well done.

#458067 - 06/13/17 04:48 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: minneapolis]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
If it's similar to Virginia's National and State exams, there will be differences in rules/regs or whatever and you just gotta know which belongs to which. Again, those 'gotcha' questions...one tiny itty-bitty little change in the question - you think it looks right, but, you have to focus on what does the National require versus the State. When I took and studied for my broker's exam (the next level up in Virginia), another agent who had her sales license much longer than I, we went to the classes and "THE" exams together. Turns out, her only form of studying was when she was in class. Me? I studied like crazy, many hours every day. We do the 1.5 hours drive to take the exams. She finishes before me! I'm going through all the questions I KNOW the answers to and then focused on the tricky ones last. I took my time (or nearly the full amount that was allotted - why rush it?). I went out to the waiting room and waited for the results. I passed both exams...the other agent, failed the State one! She was shocked as could be...well, she didn't study and was overly-confident. The person who thinks they have all the answers, who thinks they are extremely confident...those are the ones more bound to fail. Even if all you do I study the National, you'll still need to know the differences in your State's requirements.

#458570 - 07/28/17 12:19 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
TopAgentKen Offline

Loc: Ca
For those in California taking the Salesperson Lic exam, i highly suggest buying "Barron's Real Estate Licensing Exams, 10th Edition" i found it real helpful to see study notes on each RE term. Its under $15 bucks. I was able to crack the book open and have a easy read and understood the RE term faster and better. It gives you 4 prep test about 80 questions in the back each and your able to see your weakness and focus mainly on those chapters in your general text books.

And most of all relax, remember its just a test if you believe you will achieve.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m, 995junk
29793 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Dr.Brim), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 80
Vermont 40
estatereal 20
RonnieEmz 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
Snapple 12
Mr. Clean 11
Logan Five 11