Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275471 - 02/12/09 10:47 PM Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week
dewdrops7 Offline

Loc: San Gabriel Valley, CA
Hello,

I am new here. I am taking the salesperson examination next week. I live in CA. I have been studying my course material but I am very curious about the exam itself. Does any one know how it is administered in CAódo you bubble in a Scantron form or is it on a computer? Are you allowed to use your own pencils, calculator, and scrap paper or do they supply that?

Thank you.

Advertisements
#275481 - 02/13/09 12:05 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
nwrealtor Offline

Loc: Seattle Area
You'll find the answers to your questions at the following websites:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/exm_home.html
http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ref02.pdf

Good Luck!

Edited by nwrealtor (02/13/09 12:08 AM)

#275507 - 02/13/09 06:29 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: nwrealtor]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
Good luck!

I finish my pre-licensing class today and feel confident enough to try to schedule my NJ exam for tomorrow. I just have to wait until class finishes today before I can get the certification numbers to register for the exam.

Not sure about CA, but in NJ we can only bring in our ID and a simple calculator, no scientific ones. Everything else gets locked in a locker outside of the testing room. The test is administered by computer and I'll get my results as soon as I finish.

#276084 - 02/16/09 12:30 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: BoneFish]
shana Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Nevada
I've heard that in California, they may station an armed guard at each table, so as to discourage cheating. I haven't been able to verify it yet, so don't let this make you nervous.

#276175 - 02/16/09 06:56 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: shana]
Steve Howe Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
In Minnesota it was on computer. You could have paper and they provided a calculator.

Ask your instructors, they should know more than any of us I'm sure.
SteveH [at] MNRealEstateTeam [dot] com

#276239 - 02/16/09 10:12 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
Viktor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Dallas, TX
Yeap, market is bad, but you have to try. Here in TX we can't use calculators, I donít know how it is CA.
http://homesforsaleindfw.com
http://northdallas.blogspot.com
Viktor.RealtyBG@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/viktortaushanov

I love referrals!

#276256 - 02/16/09 11:11 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Viktor]
dial1010 Offline

Loc: CA
It is a multiple choice from a,b,c or d and yes you need to bubble it in the scantron.
The test seems easy but it is not easy. I'm not discourageing you. Make sure you study enough to get 70% in order to pass the test.

Good Luck!!!

#276300 - 02/17/09 09:09 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dial1010]
MrsSea Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Good luck!

In my market, we need a 75% to pass each half of the exam! If anything, I haven't gotten much discourgagement from anyone other than my parents, but even brokers and branch managers will at least tell you something to the effect that this is a "trying/questionable time to get started"...and of course you will get others telling you "Why...the market is bad" based on their limited knowledge simply because they watch the news...make a plan and go for it, CNN and MSNBC don't speak for me!

#276463 - 02/18/09 07:53 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: MrsSea]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
In NJ it's 70% on both sections to pass the test. General RE is 80 questions and NJ RE law is 35 questions. All done on computer, can bring a simple calculator in with you, but the computer does provide a calculator program.

I took my exam yesterday, passed on the first try. I have a meeting with my new broker tomorrow to sign my contract and get to work. I'm nervous about the market, but 3 houses in my neighborhood that have been for sale for ever have either sold or are now under contract, all since the beginning of the year. I don't know how the rest of the local market is faring, but I take what's happening in my neighborhood as a good sign!

Good luck to all who are in school or taking the test soon. Lets prove all the neigh-sayers wrong.

#276481 - 02/18/09 10:12 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
dial1010 Offline

Loc: CA
Good luck Rainbowtyedye!!!

#277462 - 02/23/09 10:16 AM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Viktor]
TXrealtor Offline

Loc: texas
[quote=Viktor]Yeap, market is bad, but you have to try. Here in TX we can't use calculators, I donít know how it is CA. [/quote]

I just took the TX exam last week and we were allowed to bring a calculator.
The computer also has a calculator on it.

#279664 - 03/05/09 10:07 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dial1010]
Steve Howe Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Actually, the exam was pretty straight forward.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I actually got 80 out of 80 questions CORRECT on the Federal Exam. The Minnesota State Exam was a little tougher, having to deal with more legal issues than I was ready for. But I still passed just fine.

Don't let anyone tell you "you can't make it". Millionaires and Successful People aren't the ones that do everything that's easy. They are the ones who risk losing everything, but gain the most in the end. Even after failing several times, they find a way to succeed.
SteveH [at] MNRealEstateTeam [dot] com

#279761 - 03/06/09 12:10 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
TDG Offline

Loc: Columbia, SC
The SC test was on a computer and it was multiple choice. We could use a calculator and scratch sheet of paper. The most important thing is to do your best and if you don't pass the first time try again. Don't let anything discourage you from your dreams.

#279764 - 03/06/09 12:31 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: Steve Howe]
MrsSea Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: Steve Howe
Actually, the exam was pretty straight forward.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I actually got 80 out of 80 questions CORRECT on the Federal Exam. The Minnesota State Exam was a little tougher, having to deal with more legal issues than I was ready for. But I still passed just fine.

Don't let anyone tell you "you can't make it". Millionaires and Successful People aren't the ones that do everything that's easy. They are the ones who risk losing everything, but gain the most in the end. Even after failing several times, they find a way to succeed.

*does the not worthy bow*

THANK YOU!!! Even in this economy, it's all about creativity and determination...there is no reason why this cannot be a passion of ours and we can't be successful...LET'S DO TI!!!

#285362 - 04/07/09 10:32 PM Re: Taking the Salesperson Exam Next Week [Re: dewdrops7]
derekestate Offline

Loc: california
hey, i just took the test 3 weeks ago the 2nd time around and passed. At first I studied from a software that my friend recommended and I failed because there's like 2000 questions to study from.

Then I decided to look for another guide to study and found this website with a test prep. The questions were almost exactly the ones on the california test. http://www.carealestateexams.com/ IMO well worth the 25 bucks. if you over the math problems from this test, it will really help you out on the exam because everything was so easy after studying from this guide. i studied for 3-4 days from this guide 4-5 hrs cause i didn't want to fail again. anyways good luck!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (estatereal), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11