Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408345 - 06/10/12 05:30 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
PA Roadkill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Middle of the Interstate
Personally, I would have left when the "interviewer" forgot about the appointment and the Broker was not there. If they can't keep a simple calendar what will happen when they actually have to transact real estate.

As far as the commission splits are concerned, it sound like they just didn't do a very good job of explaining the process. It sound like it's 50/50 with some addition fees, so probably around 40% in reality. The lead referral program probably only refers to leads supplied through the corporate programs.

Some days I feel like the bug, other days I feel like the windshield

Advertisements
#409739 - 07/06/12 09:27 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
MikeCO Offline

Loc: Colorado
What is his personal production?

How does he generate business?

What will he teach you about generating business?

This business is all about FINDING buyers and sellers.

Without them, there is no business.

With them, everything works.

Also, who is the most productive agent in the office?

Take that person to lunch BEFORE you join and get the real skinny.

Remember this: You are interviewing the broker. Not the other way around. If you can fog a mirror when you breath, you will be hired. So you need to be selective.
www.TopAgentInterviews.com you can get 2 FREE top agent interviews every month. Top agents share tips, ideas & advice in hour long conversations. Top agents close up to 50, 100, 200, and even 300 homes per year. 25 interviews are already pre-loaded. Take a look.

#412125 - 09/01/12 08:45 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
REAddict Offline

Loc: Tempe, AZ
Something that is often forgotten is what happens to your commission if you leave in the middle of a transaction for another company. A solid company should already have this listed in the contract and should be fair about you still receiving your commission.

#416489 - 12/04/12 11:58 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
Can you show me your training calendar?

#416568 - 12/05/12 10:53 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
So many good and relevant questions - for something like this I believe that it's great to go with your gut on it.

#417991 - 01/07/13 11:12 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Apartment Dallas Offline

Loc: Dallas
the very first question you should ask your broker is how long does she/he been working as a broker and agent. Once answered, ideas and more follow up questions should come. Based on his/her answer, you would know how she works.

#419707 - 02/05/13 10:46 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
cartert Offline

Loc: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canad...
The first thing I asked my broker was what kind of services they provided in exchange for the percentage of commission I was paying them. If I'm going to be paying someone a large sum of money for each transaction I do, I better be getting something in return. Thankfully my brokerage is awesome and we get everything we could ever imagine and more.

#421998 - 03/24/13 01:43 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
What do you think is more important, your company's brand or your agents??

#423138 - 04/28/13 03:58 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
SarafilleSD Offline

Loc: San Diego
Full disclosure: I am not licensed just yet (planning to take the test in May 2013) but have been reading A LOT and been chatting with several agents in only a couple different companies but I fully agree with the "gut" comment. If enough people are honest with you (and hopefully you are approaching them properly), then you should be receiving mostly positive information. If you are ONLY receiving positive information, be wary. Also be wary of advice that someone else would give you for themselves. As individuals, we owe it to ourselves to listen to that gut, tempered with some sound logic, of course; at least in that case, you won't have regrets!

So you obviously have many options, right? The commission split is very important but as a new agent I think starting out at a place without ANY training is a mistake no matter how high your split. You want your brokerage to become invested in you, you want it to support you, you want it to CARE whether you fail or not. So, here's my 2 cents and some questions to have percolating besides the big ones. (I take no credit for these! I just wrote them down as food-for-thought when I started doing research and reading RE books out there.) :)

Ask for statistics on their agents:
a) how long have most of them been with the company?
b) what is the loss ratio for new agents? (this should be the # that fail after completing the company's training; if the company doesn't provide training, then this is harder to determine if you are more likely to fail as well.)
c) how do the agents segment into income brackets? (this is Tom Hopkins all the way! You don't want only a few of the agents doing really well with most of the others performing below your goal range. Look for a company that has a reasonable amount of agents performing at your desired income level.)
d) what are the broker's expectations/minimum standards for new agent production?

I think most of the others were covered, like commission splits and brokerage fees. I have read that you must be VERY careful how and where you start since your 1st year is all about networking and drumming up business and if you misfire, it might take up to 6 months to recover and redirect. Ouch!

Good luck!!!!

#424385 - 05/28/13 08:32 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: estatereal]
a4city Offline

Loc: utah
what is the biggest factor in assigning value to a property

#426594 - 07/31/13 11:58 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Muhammad Fareed Offline

Loc: Pakistan
What questions should I ask a broker

#426603 - 08/01/13 07:34 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: a4city]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Originally Posted By: a4city
what is the biggest factor in assigning value to a property

Location and condition impacts the value

#426605 - 08/01/13 07:40 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Muhammad Fareed]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Originally Posted By: Muhammad Fareed
What questions should I ask a broker

Look through the forum there are threads that have a number of questions you can ask a broker.

Here are four:

What sort of training do you offer?

What requirements do you have for your agents?

What is your compensation for agents?

If I moved to another Broker can I keep the listings?

#426607 - 08/01/13 07:58 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Thunderstruck]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
What is the turnover rate at the office? I once interviewed at a C21 office and the manager who interviewed me was with another company when I sent my Thank You Note.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#431336 - 12/31/13 03:13 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: johnnyloans]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
This is an absolutely crucial question that I think most don't think of. Took me years to learn this one.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11