Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271068
No new orders today 13101840
Stupid MLS comments. 3276709
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189479
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061188
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028176
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822648
Let's talk about our cars 671002
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602716
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592421
Most common items found at an REO 576021
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440741
Main Street 419454
asset val seminar in colorado 407157
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340445
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306781
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#304576 - 09/01/09 09:11 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
Radiant1 Offline

Loc: City of Brotherly Love
These are great questions and advice. An old wise person said to me while interviewing "Put it on paper and talk is cheap" So at every interview I asked for a copy of the office manual and Independent Contractor Agreement. This really gave me insight on choosing which broker to work with.

Advertisements
#306316 - 09/15/09 10:49 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: DelCidsRealty]
ivan Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
Maybe these could be the best questions to be ask with a broker especially when you are going to interview him/her for a sales position.

-Are all agents scheduled for floor duty, and if so, how often?
-How are leads distributed?
-What types of advertising does the firm do?
-What commission rate do they offer?

#307879 - 09/28/09 10:56 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
JamesBrumley Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've enjoyed reading this post. Potentially I may have a meeting this week with a broker/I guess family friend in my grandma's office(Century 21 Discovery Fullerton) hopefully sometime this week. My grandma offered to talk with him first though even though I said I would call him. Would I look to much like a newbie if I bought a list of questions with me on a note pad? Or would I look if I was trying too hard? What can you do to mess up a meeting like that and how to prevent it? Also, this is slightly off topic but do most offices provide internet access? What is the appropriate dress style? Office or casual Friday? Usually when I've gone in that office its when we have sold a house and I've been in street clothes. Been in 4 transactions in the last 8 years....Sorry to make this long. Also I haven't taken any classes or exam yet. So should I ask about that? What do they offer or where can I take them etc?

Edited by JamesBrumley (09/28/09 11:00 PM)

#308961 - 10/07/09 10:40 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: JamesBrumley]
Codythebest Offline

Loc: FL
Trainng - training - training
Focus on that first and everything will come later with ease...

#309299 - 10/10/09 08:02 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Codythebest]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Thanks for all of the posts in this thread, folks! I've been a Realtor for 4 yrs and have known I needed to move on for several months now. I made a list of several of these questions and took them with me to my first choice of new Brokers. She was not looking for Realtors, but the more we talked, the more she asked me "what other questions are on that list?" She decided she would like for me to come over to her office as a Realtor so I have made the move. Will start next week.

Just a note: I did not interview any Brokers when I started out, I simply went to work at the office where my significant other was working, after all, the Broker told me to grab a desk and get busy! I wouldn't recommend anyone do it that way. wink

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#311861 - 11/01/09 01:05 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: barb43]
REALTOR CED Offline

Loc: HOUSTON TX ,DETROIT,MI
IF ANYONE NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO ASK A BROKER DURING AN INTERVIEW EMAIL ME AT CEDREALESTATE@HOTMAIL.COM I FORWARD U A LIST I HAVE ON MY HARD DRIVE IT AMAZING. NO COST IM HERE TO LEARN AND HELP.
REO 2007
www.cedricmcgrew.com
Houston tx Detroit mi

#312890 - 11/06/09 10:56 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: TravisF]
LilDarlin Offline

Loc: Michigan
Great thread, it was very helpful to me when meeting with brokers over the last two weeks. In the end, we went with a smaller franchise that had no desk fees, a reasonable split, and plenty of floor time if I want it. They also do alot for our local community through donations, sponsoring events, etc. It wasn't the huge franchise with 140 agents and it's own RE class one town over. But for me it just felt right.

#312979 - 11/08/09 05:02 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: super realtor]
BrokerInfo Offline

Loc: USA
RE:
Quote:
I would say only a small percent of us maybe 10 really knows how to bring in the business.

Maybe that is why only about 10% entering this business survive...

#321657 - 01/13/10 08:01 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: BrokerInfo]
Bigshot Bob Offline

Loc: CA, aka the Universe
As a newer agent and having to change offices, I would say:

Choose a SUCCESSFUL office that has LISTINGS!

I wanted to start off doing some open houses to get my feet wet and get some buyers. The office I chose had NO listings. When there was a listing, everybody was all over it.

By the time I got the chance to hold it open, other agents who held it open the week before had already door knocked the area, put out flyers, got leads, etc.

Also make sure the training actually involves learning contracts, how to complete transactions and not just FLUFF.

I guess they expect you to magically know these things. They expect you to go out prospecting without knowing how to write up an offer let alone take a listing.

#321880 - 01/14/10 11:21 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Bigshot Bob]
CornerPost Offline

Loc: Texas
It's great information but I would also like to know what are things to avoid, and what are tell-tell signs that this is not the right Broker for me.

#321890 - 01/15/10 02:34 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: CornerPost]
Bigshot Bob Offline

Loc: CA, aka the Universe
[quote=CornerPost]It's great information but I would also like to know what are things to avoid, and what are tell-tell signs that this is not the right Broker for me. [/quote]

When your broker is teaching a class and tells everyone:

"I don't mind sharing my listing material with you because I know that if we are competing for the same listing, I'm going to get it. Even if you somehow managed to get a listing over me, I still win because I'm making commission off of you."

I knew I made a HUGE mistake signing there.

#324071 - 01/27/10 11:55 AM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: DelCidsRealty]
Karen Whitman Offline

Loc: Riverside, CA
The more questions you ask the better. It is extremely important to know what your clients desire in all aspects of their home buying experience. These questions however should be fairly basic to gain a good picture as to what your client is looking for. You don't want to turn them away with questions that can be misleading or make them feel inadequate. Hope this helps!

Karen Whitman

karenwhitman@remaxallstars.net

#324846 - 01/31/10 03:53 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: DelCidsRealty]
Codythebest Offline

Loc: FL
Agree with estatereal. Chances are it won't be your only and/or last brokerage. Get the best training at first, regardless of commission. Training is valuable for newbies. Once you get on track and producing, look for a brokerage with a better split...

#325086 - 02/01/10 10:49 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: Codythebest]
tony1911 Offline

Loc: Katy,TX
I think its an overall feel of the office. I chose this Keller Williams office because of this....and they had good training....I still think its a great office two years later.....everyone helps everyone......if you are in the resource room..just say......the question....and everyone joins in to help.......I do it a lot when a new agent is asking the questions
http://camerohomes.com
Serving the West Houston and Katy and Surrounding Areas

#327595 - 02/19/10 03:18 PM Re: What questions should I ask a broker? [Re: DelCidsRealty]
Bill Hernandez Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
You should feel comfortable to ask any questions you desire as long as they pertain to the topics at hand. But definately ways that you can represent yourself individually. Websites are great ideas to get your name out their quickly and easily. Good luck in the interview.

Bill Hernandez

www.bryandbill.com

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Long Walk, 1 invisible), 88 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 41
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10