Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Good Ideas
Nusetlock.com

REO Prep Foreclosure Listings

Real Estate School Online

Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#261485 - 11/25/08 11:50 PM HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees ****
Douglas100 Offline

Loc: Northern California
Here is a link, you may find useful.

The below link has HUD pricing guidelines and FHA specifications for property preservation by each state.

http://www.cubicyard.us/state-guide-1/

Regards,
Doug

#261502 - 11/26/08 01:01 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
seasaw Offline
Major Contributor

You can find this information at http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/reo/pandpsched/ as well.

#265205 - 12/18/08 01:48 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: seasaw]
ron-o Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Do you know if preservation contractors usually charge the maximum allowed?

#265649 - 12/21/08 02:51 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: ron-o]
socal termites Offline

Loc: so. california
why is California not included in the HUD costs? thanks in advance.

#265671 - 12/21/08 05:26 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: socal termites]
socal termites Offline

Loc: so. california
sorry, I didn't realize the states on the HUD site were not in aplha order.....

#267469 - 01/04/09 08:54 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: socal termites]
DelCidsRealty Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: CA
they nobody ever publicly answered ron-o question? Maybe that is why he has only posted 23 time in about 3 years or so. Come on guys chime in here.

#267488 - 01/04/09 11:10 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: ron-o]
allREOpreserv Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Nationwide
Originally Posted By: ron-o
Do you know if preservation contractors usually charge the maximum allowed?

It's up to each vendor to determine whether to charge up to the maximum allowable or not.

For instance, I might have a property with a lot size of 15,000. If there's no grass to cut or weeds to remove on 2/3 of that lot, I might not invoice the maximum unless the other 1/3 is a lot of work.

So, basically, it's up to each vendor to figure out what will work best for them.

Linda
allreo.mailbox@gmail.com

#267558 - 01/05/09 03:02 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
Patrick Allen Offline

Loc: Winchester Virginia
i was reading this post and 1 question came to mind these hud guidelines do not have hazardous removal pricing, do you know of any base pricing on this subject

#270146 - 01/19/09 06:42 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Patrick Allen]
MoREO Services Offline

Loc: Saint Louis Missouri
The HUD Guidelines state "HUD will require the repayment of claimed reimbursement amounts if it determines that:

• The Mortgagee obtained bids that were not independent and competitive;

I know of a realestate professional responsible for bidding out property preservation opportunities. This person has now created a "fake" PP company and is awarding their "fake" business the contracts. I can only assume they are profiting or allow family/friend profit. My take on the above from HUD is that this is not allowed.

I am sure the banks the realtor is working for would not be happy.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about handling this? PLEASE PM me if you would rather talk about this off line. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Dennis
MoREO Services
Saint Louis, MO
314-313-5086
www.MoREOServices.com

Edited by MoREO Services (01/19/09 06:44 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#279392 - 03/04/09 10:32 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: MoREO Services]
Jay Dee Offline

Loc: Fresno Ca USA
Hello, Im new on this site Im tring to get started on property preservation, im a local handyman and really want to get into cleanouts and repairs ect, first step? second step? ect, any info would be lovely thank you , ooh ya im in fresno california.

#282813 - 03/23/09 05:00 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Jay Dee]
JFG Offline

Loc: Idaho, Meridian
Hi, I am new on this site. I am an Remodeling Contractor/Consultant in the Boise Idaho area with 27 years experience. We are trying to get into the Property Preservation Biz. I have read a lot of your comments about the big companies (FAFS and Safe Guard)I don't want to run into a large headache as to billing out 8 weeks or so. My question is, are there any companies that any of you folks would recommend that I contact here in the Boise Idaho area to get the ball rolling. I have been working in the property Management area for about 7 1/2 years. We work with some small investors along with Our remodeling company. any help would be very grateful. We have a great reputation with our clients here.

#283245 - 03/26/09 03:02 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
riffraff Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
You can download the guidelines, go to hud.gov, then in search put in hudclips, click on letters, click on mortgage letters, then click on 2008, 08-31 with attachments. Probably a shorter way to get there but anyways its better than paying for it. I've also called and had a hard copy sent, its free.

#284656 - 04/02/09 11:59 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
texaspropserv Offline

Loc: North Texas Dfw
I notice HUD does not list the prices for Texas,why's that?
anyone?

-j

#284882 - 04/04/09 05:08 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: ron-o]
Jim Boad Offline

Loc: Seattle/San Diego
I always charge accordingly and never charge the max just to charge the max and I guess that is why I keep getting more and more business…… I do know other vendors that always go for the max and they are doing ok as well, It just comes down to personal choice.

#286978 - 04/20/09 07:25 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Jim Boad]
BOM Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello to All,

I am beginnning operaitons, and wondering about bidding jobs.

Is HUD, VA, and other stipulated fee business very profitable? It seems a contractor might make a small profit on each line item, but one would need to do quite a few services to generate any measurable total profit. Then if you have to sub out some of the work, even less??? Is the HUD fee schedule a resonable basis for preparing competitive bids?

Is conventional loan based business more desirable?

Thanks,
Bruce

#289229 - 05/05/09 08:38 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BOM]
raices Offline

Loc: IN
I have run into a property preservation issue on a HUD Home. Utilities can be turned on for two days for inspection. In one home during winter months, their representative tried to turn off utilities BEFORE the home had been re-winterized. You can imagine the problems that somebody would have had. The home passed the water test, and then because of a timimg issue, the pipes could have burst because their rep turns off the heat. Fortunately no harm no foul in this case, but it could have been a serious problem. Beware.

#292531 - 05/29/09 04:46 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: ron-o]
NewHeights Offline

Loc: GA ,TN & West NC
In my experience, preservation contractors rarely get the maximum. The national companies may charge that back for reimbursement, but usually smaller companies only receive the HUD price less a discount. The discount can be anywhere from 20%-50%, depending on the negotiated price. Sherry Bailey

#323832 - 01/26/10 11:12 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: ron-o]
fegundez1 Offline

Loc: USA, Florida
Unfortunately it isnt the contractor who sets the price, your client (the person who sends you the job) will give you a sheet showing what each thing is worth. Usually you charge by the cubic yard, for trash you say how many yards there are. You will find very rarely do you get anywhere close to the max.

#330055 - 03/07/10 06:30 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BOM]
propertyclean Offline

Loc: missouri
I have a job that has about 30yards of debris to remove. Tons of bugs. Very gross,water has not been on for quite some time. I already sured and winterized it. Now I have to put a bid in removal of carpet and debis. Also clean. I have checked out the hud guidlines but this job is for a national company that has for the most part fixed rates. Does anyone have any feed back this by far is the worst job I have done.

#330079 - 03/07/10 08:34 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: propertyclean]
richb Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
I would figure out the price and add 1 1/2 times the amount because of the bad environmental conditions (explain why in the bid). If they say it is to high, then just decline it and let them get someone else.
I don't believe in declining a lot of work but if it is that bad then it may not be worth the trouble.
I remember one time I gave a high bid because of the conditions, the company said it was to high so they got someone else. I passed by the property and the other contractor that was doing it wasn't even licensed in the state to do the work. Go figure.

#336740 - 05/03/10 01:57 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BOM]
raysea64 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Hello to all,

I have been doing sub contract work for a Safeguard vendor.

Last year we were averaging $55/ property for grass cuts, this year she has informed us that Safeguard is now only paying $30 per yard up to 1 acre, anything over 1 acre is a bid.

Is anyone else experiencing this from Safeguard?

#336930 - 05/05/10 01:23 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: raysea64]
BadAsset Offline

Loc: Cold State
I have not seen that. But I'm not a grass-only contractor. I know they have lower rates due to volume.

#337132 - 05/06/10 05:45 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BadAsset]
raysea64 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Thanks for the reply.

I am not a grass-only contractor either, but it does seem a little weird that they would cut the price that much.

Taking a 25% discount versus a 20% discount would be reasonable for the added volume, but for them to take $25 per yard seems a bit excessive.

#346396 - 08/04/10 12:38 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BOM]
kh-pp Offline

Loc: Gaston county North Carolina
Whats the allowable on a lockbox?

#350073 - 09/01/10 03:24 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: BOM]
MIP Field Svcs. Offline

Loc: Virginia
Mortgage Investment Property (MIP) Mangement & Field Services is an independently owned and operated field services company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. Our objective is to work as an Independent Contractor representive of companies completing the task of residential, commercial, property loss inspections and property preservation. If you are interested in our service or would like to find out more information, please give us a call at (804) 230-9599. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

#350472 - 09/05/10 04:04 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
HelpUGetMoney2 Offline

Loc: IL
I don't know if I should be "replying" to this issue or not, sorry if I should have made a new post!!

I have already found the site Cubicyard.US. I am currently trying to look up the info on "HUD guidelines for P&P within my state of IL" but having a VERY difficult time trying to go thru all the site on the HUD.gov site for the info. While searching here, I came across Cubicyard.US site, it does "give" you info on "pricing" for P&P, but when I tried to find my info on the guidelines for IL, you need to subscribe/pay to the site in order for me to get the info that I need.

Does anyone know of where I can go get this info without having to "pay" for this info. This info should be free, atleast findable on the HUD.gov site, with no pay involved. We shouldn't have to pay for something that is considered public information??

Any help/assistance with this would be appreciated, thank you!

#358871 - 11/27/10 09:25 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
bobby11 Offline

Loc: alaska. usa
Hello,
I think its outrageous too. Countrywide got busted for 106 million for these types of charges - like $500 to mow a postage-stamp size yard. Of course, 106 million is chump change to them. Did you like the attorney you saw? My suit was just filed 2 days ago. YAY! YAY! YAY! FINALLY!!! Although I know have a l-o-n-g wait until anything really starts happening on it.

Thanks

#358881 - 11/27/10 01:35 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: bobby11]
bsareo Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the desert
Safegard just charge $450.00 to screw on a new shower head at a cost of $3.50. What a scam.. I would have put that on for free.

#358883 - 11/27/10 02:21 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: bsareo]
RealBoots Offline

Loc: Wild or not Wild ,East or West...
Safeguard people are crooks!
They make numerous trips and charge Fannie Mae for stuff they should have done on first initial service attempt .
Also , when they have nothing to do they go to property and make or try to make something not to work to make money.
They favorite is turning breakers off so basement floods and they charge customer for serious basement water pumping by turning breakers on and having sump pump do the job.
Then they get estimates for removing drywall and mold in the basement caused by their negligence!

#358898 - 11/27/10 06:05 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: RealBoots]
STEW Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: FLORIDA

funny. I had them remove the shower nozzles on 2 showers and attempt to claim the property flooded and needed emergency services for water remediation. I was actually in the property before they reported it and found a blower on a dry area of carpeting and the nozzles removed with a slow stream of water flowing. I turned the water off at the meter before anything flooded.
We had the property in prelist for months before they went in so we know they removed the shower heads. We had the water off with the local utilities and at the meter; they went as far as to turn the water on through the utility company to produce the situation. We immediately turned the water back off, notified the AM of the situation. Who knows what they actually invoiced the seller. I've found the AM dont like getting in the middle of fraudalent activity on the part of the property preservation company.
We have had appliances taken by property preservation also and not just dirty refrigerators, upscale ss applainces, ranges, 0 degree frig. It happens. We report it as stolen and file the police report but the AM's frequently wont take a stand and address the pp company re the theft.

#358900 - 11/27/10 06:15 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: STEW]
RealBoots Offline

Loc: Wild or not Wild ,East or West...
Fannie Mae is blind type company ,no wonder they have problems and were on verge of bankruptcy!
Just take a look at deciding and dropping RESNET and taking this Equator (piece of junk system).
Makes me cry!

#392069 - 10/17/11 10:15 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
BadAsset Offline

Loc: Cold State
If you are reading this you are probably just starting in property preservation. Check out my blog for information on what it takes to be an preservation contractor.

www.badassetblog.com

#411195 - 08/13/12 01:45 AM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: raysea64]
12 step 4 BPOs? Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Land of Tree Huggers
Originally Posted By: raysea64
Hello to all,

Last year we were averaging $55/ property for grass cuts, this year she has informed us that Safeguard is now only paying $30 per yard up to 1 acre, anything over 1 acre is a bid.

We did our first re-cut today. The grass, or shall we call it HAY or STRAW was piled up on the horizontal fence boards, the back steps, here, there everywhere. It took 2 hours to just cut it because it was so long and the last time it was cut they didn't remove the cut grass. I was livid.

#412984 - 09/18/12 08:02 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
REO Services Offline

Loc: Maryland
The nationals are scraping the bottom of the barrel,, you will be lucky to break even at 30 dollars a cut:
1-2 hours, 10.00 gas for travel, equip maintanance (reo properties KILL equipment!), lic, insurance.

No way you will even break even, Our min charge is 75.00 a recut.

Nick

#434229 - 03/18/14 02:38 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: Douglas100]
rogerisright69 Offline

Loc: pacificnorthwest
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but can't find the button to start a new topic ...I am one of the 1,000's o unpaid or underpaid contractors to a vendor for safeguard who has had invoicing go unpaid completely, invoicing changed, and invoicing short funded. I am preparing to file mechanics liens against all of the properties where money is still owed ...does anyone have any experience with this either good or bad ??

#435004 - 04/04/14 05:56 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
75Corvette Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: 12 step 4 BPOs?
Originally Posted By: raysea64
Hello to all,

We did our first re-cut today. The grass, or shall we call it HAY or STRAW was piled up on the horizontal fence boards, the back steps, here, there everywhere. It took 2 hours to just cut it because it was so long and the last time it was cut they didn't remove the cut grass. I was livid.

That's good to know. I received an email from Safeguard a couple weeks ago looking for me to refer contractors to them. There's a guy I've used a number of times over the years, great guy and a heck of a hard worker, that I would love to refer so that he got regular business, but I was very hesitant to do so because I don't want him to get screwed.

#435005 - 04/04/14 05:58 PM Re: HUD pricing guidelines - Property Preservation Fees [Re: 75Corvette]
75Corvette Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ohio
Oops, didn't realize this was an old thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Good Ideas!

Get More Listings With Salesdialers.com

MyShortSaleDVD

online internet advertising for Realtors

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors

Newest Members
RealtyNewb, Lili13, davidson333, jemelton, mustanggirl
25230 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 81
David Hunter 75
MOMO 57
gitmonee 47
Evolve Today Inc 40
75Corvette 37
Bigtoe 32
PropertyVentures 30
DueDiligence 24