Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#254412 - 10/10/08 06:50 PM Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor
Char K Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
Actually the owner of the property was easier to address, they usually have a clue why you might be taking pictures. But on the same day I had a nosey neighbor come out and ask me what I was taking pictures of and why. He was really right in my face. I told him I had been hired by an outside company to take pictures of the street.( of course he knew I was taking pictures of his neighbor's house) He wanted to know who hired me and what I was doing. I just repeated the same thing, got in my car and left with all the pictures I wanted or needed. Did not go back.......what do most of you do when you are approached by neighbors or owners who ask who you are working for?

Advertisements
#254414 - 10/10/08 06:54 PM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: Char K]
neudot Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Central New York
Just tell them you are taking appraisal photos.
I was approached one time by a woman who was just POSITIVE I was taking photos of HER house and her ex-husband had hired me to harass her. I ended up showing her the photos I had taken (which at that point was just the street photo, not the subject) to prove to her I hadn't taken a picture of HER house. She was a real wacko!!!

#254420 - 10/10/08 07:22 PM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: neudot]
FL_Agent Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Puffy Clouds
I tell them that I am a real estate agent and that I take pictures of houses, I then smile and move on or if they are chatty and friendly, I answer their real estate related questions. I try to be transparent and not make a big deal out of it. It also depends on the neighborhood, maybe you want to get going Fast! lol.

#254816 - 10/13/08 08:13 PM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: FL_Agent]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
I was driving while my partner was snapping the photos of a house last week when this woman came flying out of the house, demanding to know "why" we were photographing her house. We both started laughing, told her we're Realtors and the lender had hired us to take the pictures, so we guessed somebody was going to get a better loan deal than they have now! She looked surprised and said "oh". (We were guessing she's a tenant.) We asked her to step back into the house and take the kittycat with her, please, because we couldn't have people or pets in the photos. She cracked up laughing and suggested we take that kittycat with us because it wasn't hers and she wasn't having it in HER house! . . . So that all worked out okay.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#255105 - 10/15/08 03:12 AM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: barb43]
buywithdi Offline

Loc: MA USA
I also don't tell them to much. I don't always know why I am taking photos. There are many reasons we are requested to take photos.
If the neighbors are out and about I photo the street and take a spin around the block.

#255511 - 10/17/08 10:32 PM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: Char K]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I tell them that it is a strictly confidential matter and I'm not supposed to reveal the exact nature of my mission to anyone . . . . especially not YOU !

Of course, I would refrain from using this one because it doesn't usually have the "Calming Effect" that we all desire.

#256928 - 10/28/08 04:52 PM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: Vermont]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
We are fortunate to live & work in a relatively friendly place . . . And we try to use smiles, politeness, interested-ness, and downright kindness and/or helpfulness as much as possible, even humor when we can fit it in. Doesn't work 100% tho' -- so I like those situations where I do not encounter people directly. We have noticed that even a friendly wave to the neighbors is often enough.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#258030 - 11/04/08 03:45 AM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: barb43]
Paceryder Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: The Milky Way
My partner and I are doing a "beautiful home...' series right now. We're photographing homes that we like (that we would love to list, too!), and send the homeowner a card with the photo of their house on it, and a little note about how much we admire their home. We also offer an enlarged photo if they call. We have had many calls for enlarged photos and have gotten tours of many homes that we LOVE, which has been a great fringe benefit of our endeavor, even though it has not resulted in a listing (yet). We are going to do a quarterly newsletter with home tips. Everyone who has contacted us so far has loved the idea. A few times we've had people either come out of the house and ask what we're doing, and we just tell them about our "beautiful home series" but more than a few times it has been a neighbor. We usually say we're doing a CMA for another similar home so we're photographing comps. One time my partner told a neighbor we were photographing houses for a book we were writing on beautiful homes. smile

#456268 - 01/11/17 03:26 AM Re: Two different situations approached by owner and neighbor [Re: Paceryder]
Jhony Offline

Loc: Maharashtra > Other areas
Hi Everybody,

When owner approached he will defiantly tell good things regarding property but when neighbour ask something might be it good or bad depends upon the situation but really you can guess any property is good or bad near about 50% after taking to the neighbour also

Regards

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
bpoer, Cadillacman, Jewelreality, Stackout, alvaropaloma
29069 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Cadillacman, Trouble, JMK307, Daniel1234, 1 invisible), 255 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Jhony 34
Daniel1234 32
Vermont 28
rdayley 16
David Hunter 15
Z06Fanatic 15
C21Mr.May 13
RonnieEmz 13
Neal M 13