Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28270040
No new orders today 13101785
Stupid MLS comments. 3276669
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189439
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061115
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028137
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822595
Let's talk about our cars 670961
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602702
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592386
Most common items found at an REO 575958
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440734
Main Street 419423
asset val seminar in colorado 407149
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340437
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306768
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#352681 - 09/29/10 01:45 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
INCREDIBLE PHOTOS OF NEW ORLEANS AFTER KATRINA

Nothing I have seen so far tells the story of Katrina like this group of photos. I never quite realized what was involved in recovery until I ran across this. Just about every aspect of the aftermath and recovery is displayed here. I read that a large majority of the people from New Orleans have now returned. Looking at these photos and the work being done will help us visualize how the city everyone loved to visit will be whole again even if the people who lost their homes and loved ones will never feel like they are. Please look at these incredible photographs and sketches. You will appreciate what this town went through and is still going through.

Also, let's not forget all the families in other countries that were displaced prior to this hurricane season because of other natural disasters, now losing their temporary homes to flooding and high winds.

http://www.google.com/images?q=katrina+homes&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=0tqiTKLhEcaqlAe76YnIBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEEQsAQwAw&biw=1263&bih=567

Edited by Darlene Bitner (09/29/10 01:47 AM)

Advertisements
#387759 - 08/25/11 10:39 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

For those in the path of Irene, I can only hope the storm spares you major damage and that you come out of it safely. Dr. Jeff Masters of www.wunderground.com just posted one of his strongest warnings about the potential storm surge with this particular storm. I remember during Ike a family from Boliver called in to one of the stations saying they were riding out the storm and were already trapped. It was too late to rescue them. I am almost certain they were all lost. We have learned a lot from Katrina and other recent storms. One young woman in another state was begging after Ike for any information on her mother, who also chose to ride out the storm...by herself. Her home was completely swept away and months later she had still not been located. At least these evacuation shelters now take family pets. Pets are one of the primary reasons that people stay behind. It's just not smart to call Mother Nature's bluff with these huge storms. Please be safe and know your evacuation options.

Edited by Darlene Bitner (08/25/11 10:39 AM)

#387777 - 08/25/11 01:10 PM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I truly don't understand people "weathering out" the storm. You can't fight strong winds, powerful waves, etc.

Always have a used moving truck on hand, pack it and leave!

"Stuff" is not worth dying for.

#387962 - 08/27/11 08:02 PM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: VABroker]
JackREO Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Irene is visiting MA. That's one lady I really have no interest in meeting face to face. Most of us will come through this unscathed, but some could suffer damage to their office. I have excess office space complete with internet, computers and staff, and whatever else you may need. To those in Massachusetts that need help, please feel free to PM me here, set up in my building, and you're back in business in a heartbeat. I'm in the corner of Plymouth and Bristol Counties.

#388021 - 08/29/11 04:23 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: JackREO]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

That's a very generous offer. Hopefully, everyone will be okay but flooding is so unpredictable. Surge at least can be planned for and avoided if you can bring yourself to leave your home behind. I was watching New Jersey's Gov Christi and wondered how Irene had the nerve to mess with New Jersey. I guess we will all wait and see what happens when the bad news is all in. Here is the latest I have read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/28/tropical-storm-irene-flood-_n_939865.html

Vermont is flooding badly right now, too. I saw video where one of their historic bridges fell into the river...that is heartbreaking for those who live there. It's going to be a mess. Very sad for those who lose their homes and for the loss of life.

#388054 - 08/29/11 02:34 PM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
CALIF DREAMING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey, California
Videos I saw earlier today of the Vermont floods were jaw dropping.

#388185 - 08/31/11 01:16 AM EXCELLENT MAP SHOWING HURRICANE LANDFALL PAST 57 YEARS [Re: CALIF DREAMING]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hurr-uslandfalling-1950-2007.jpg

I like this map because it is not cluttered. PLEASE NOTE...it needs to be updated for the last four years. If you track this type hurricane info, you can probably add the missing US landfall points yourself. Looks like Camille and Andrew were the only Cat 5's to strike during this period...1950 thru 2007.

#396512 - 12/09/11 02:16 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
hanoiapartment Offline

Loc: Vietnam
thank for share

#411809 - 08/25/12 07:15 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

I'm on the Weather Underground, Wunderground.com, tracking what is happening in Florida. We have a lot of agents in Florida. It is really hard for them to shut down their real estate business and just sit and wait for these hurricanes to pass...wondering about the welfare of their relatives, friends, clients, any listings they may have (especially the vacant ones), as well as their own family. Here's hoping everyone in Isaac's path comes out okay. Still a few more days to wait but unfortunately, you can't wait to pack up and evacuate because, by the time you realize you need to get out, it's too late to do so.

I wonder how many self-employed carpenters, roofers and handymen are packing up their trucks and making plans to head down to the storm area to make a little money. Some are packing to go just to help out, if possile. Funny how these hurricanes hurt some of us and give others an income. Out of all the heartbreak of Katrina, people still managed to make hundreds of thousands of dollars...I assume. I fact, I would be surprised if many didn't. That is the way the economy works sometimes.

#411859 - 08/27/12 06:02 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

I've been up all night on the Wunderground, reading the blog posts as fast as the experts can post them. I started the evening fairly confident I would not have to pack and run from this storm, but now many are posting that it is moving west faster than the tracking can keep up. Right now, many are beginning to agree that it will be a Texas-Louisiana event. That will still put me on the cleaner side if it stays near the border. No matter where these things hit and what category they are when they hit, someone gets hurt, someone loses their home or at least their first floor possessions to flooding, and someone for the rest of their life sleeps a little uneasy when a wave moves off Africa. I had been wanting to let the sun set on my travel trailer life by next year and move up to a more "upscale" tiny lifestyle but that may happen a little faster if this storm comes in a strong Cat 1 or more. I haven't had time to get it anchored down properly since I moved to my new spot last month. The tree branches on both sides of my trailer have grown over it and I am almost completely shaded. I face the dog park green spot and the bird feeding area is behind me. It's a little spot of paradise...I'm not ready to float off just yet.

Hope whoever gets this storm is prepared...though many on the Wunderground think it is struggling to reach hurricane strength...but it is full of rain and could be a major flooding problem if it stalls once it comes on shore. One thing for sure, wherever it goes in, someone somewhere will lose their home to some part of the storm and a Realtor will have to help them out. We don't want business this way...it's just sad.

#415266 - 11/02/12 01:37 PM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Haven't seen any posts here about the recent storm. One interesting fact to note is that Sandy caused the largest stock market storm outage since 1888. Our prayers to go out to all Sandy storm victims, their families and loved ones.

#416662 - 12/08/12 08:52 AM Re: HURRICANE POSTS GO HERE [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting about Sandy. What a mess this storm has created all along the coast. I have been tracking the storm recovery closely. I certainly do not have to tell you what storm recovery entails. Florida likely has that process finely tuned by now. Governor Christi of New Jersey did a good job of keeping his people updated before and after this storm, but Sandy impacted so many people who were new to this type weather disaster. I have had some serous computer problems which have kept me out of the forum. Finally had another agent contact Doug to rescue me so I could get in and address this storm and your post. By now Sandy is old news in the media but it will be months at the earliest before things return to normal in some areas. Some of these folks will not have a home at Christmas. The fire in Breezy Point in Queens was a horrible disaster but from what I saw on television, many of those people are going to rebuild there and try to save their old neighborhood. As always, these type disasters bring out the good in the American people. I'll try to catch up on posting about the recovery and rebuilding in the areas hit the hardest by Sandy as well as the rebuilding in Breezy Point. I will be looking at the temporary housing situation in particular. Again, thanks for the post.

Darlene

#416832 - 12/12/12 05:57 AM Cost of Sandy [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Last week the President went to Congress for $50 billion (if I read correctly) to help the states rebuild. That is a LOT of damage. Figures that large mean nothing to most of us...we just know that a major weather crisis like Sandy is not an everyday event, that we saw a lot of people hurting when we turned on the television and that these people need help badly. The states wanted a lot more so I am not sure what the final tally will be.

People who suffer such extreme loss in these weather situations almost never are made whole again by insurance or FEMA or any other type assistance. They just do the best they can with what they have available after the checks are all in.

This Christmas I'm sure all of America will be remembering these folks who only had a few days notice that their lives may be impacted by Sandy. Most listened and that kept the loss of life lower than it would have been otherwise.

#419146 - 01/27/13 02:14 AM Re: Cost of Sandy [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

I guess I am not seeing a lot about rebuilding after Sandy because the holdup in Washington to pass a bill has most likely slowed the recovery progress.

#419210 - 01/28/13 12:42 PM Re: Cost of Sandy [Re: Darlene Bitner]
75Corvette Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ohio
Hi Darlene,
I saw an article yesterday that said some of the shore areas affected by Sandy may just be abandoned. I'd link to it if I could only remember where it was...must be old age.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (Long Walk, AnonymousWriter, Mr. G, RonnieEmz, Danny1, 1 invisible), 73 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11