Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271216
No new orders today 13101849
Stupid MLS comments. 3276726
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189483
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061194
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028185
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822655
Let's talk about our cars 671007
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602720
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592429
Most common items found at an REO 576025
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440745
Main Street 419457
asset val seminar in colorado 407160
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340447
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306784
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116149 - 09/05/05 08:31 AM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Olena Offline

HUD took their listings off the market for TN, KY and OK to assist with the relief efforts. Hopefully they will allow the victims to get housing if not for free, at least at a significant discount.

Advertisements
#116150 - 09/05/05 04:06 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Jenny2005 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hi! I am actually taking the Real Estate course, hoping to pass my State License Exam next month. I came across the Forum and decided to join. I seen this topic and had to reply to it.

The devistation that was caused by Hurricane Katrina, was massive. I have tears come to my eyes every time I think of all those people having to go through what I could not even imagine going through. I pray for them all and I pray for the deceased, that God has grabbed each person into his arms while comforting them. I pray for the deceased's family memebers and those that are still trying to survive. I pray that help is on the way to them at this very moment.
I truly could not imagine having to go through what they are having to indure right now. I truly wished that they were some way for the government to get to them quicker. I am unsure how they could do it, since they have technology that I am sure, that I am unaware of, but I pray that no more lives are taken.
It truly bothers me to see all this on Television and to hear what all is going on over there. It seems as if it is a dream or something off a movie, all though I know it is not.
They will be in my prayers.

Jenny
Realtor
Dallas,GA

***I am not a lawyer, so I do not pretend to be one. Any advice give is only my opinion. You should seek legal advice from a lawyer if that is what your looking for.***

#116151 - 09/05/05 04:13 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Dee in Austin Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Austin, TX
I think many of us are bothered, but we do have clients to serve. I've been working and taking care of my clients.

Gary Keller has asked all KW agents to contribute $100 to a hurrican victim's fund and I believe many of us are also contributing to NAR's fund and the Red Cross, etc. I'm doing my part to contribute and give help, but my clients also still need me.
http://www.TexasRealtyBlog.com

#116152 - 09/05/05 07:16 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
GailSusan Offline
Veteran Member

I am still carrying on with my business as usual, but definitely not my usual upbeat self. Katrina hit me personally in three ways.

First, my granddaughter was in New Orleans when the evacuation occurred I was able to make contact with her and spent from 7:30 AM that morning until 1 PM helping her figure out a way out of the city. Her credit card had to be cancelled that morning due to fraud and she didn't have enough money for a taxi to get to the airport. It took all of her wits and mine to figure out how to get her to the airport and onto a plane before the airport shut down.

Second, my most important listing client was in Mississippi (where she and her husband were trying to buy a home in Waveland on the water) and we were in the last critical stages of negotiation on the sale of her home back here on the East Coast. The agent on the other side of the negotiation had no empathy for my client whatsoever. The negotiation was completed successfully and my clients are now on their way back home, but the stress of this negotiation as my clients communicated over their cell phone in a hotel without electricity or water while I dealt with this demanding, insensitive agent took its toll on me.

Finally, my faith in the American system is shattered. Even my granddaughter said to me, the people in New Orleans did not get help because they are poor and black. If they were white and middle-class, the National Guard would have been there right away and airlifted food. I knew the divide between the rich and the poor was growing, and I knew that racial discrimination exists despite all the laws, but I never, ever dreamed that people would be left to die in full view of the TV camera. This is not the America I knew (or thought I knew).

#116153 - 09/05/05 07:42 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Unregistered

When the very system that we depend on all our lives for life, liberty and happines is compromised, smart people begin to question perception and reality.

We are spending hundreds of billions of dollars to fight hatred against Americans in Iraq ( so they say ), I wonder how much they will spend to help the thousands of homeless people and orphans in this country?

#116154 - 09/05/05 08:45 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Safarion Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Man, I was terribly sad in the same time mad. I couldn't beleive that this tragedy happened in the US. whenever there is a crisis abraod the goverment rashes to help and show generousity but when it happened here everybody it took them one week to start resquing the victims that's BS. I donated what I could and pray for the best.

#116155 - 09/06/05 07:00 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
GailSusan Offline
Veteran Member

Well, if you really want to get disgusted by our government's response, just take a look at what one animal rescue organization was able to do in terms of preparedness and then regrouping after their preplanning efforts were wiped out www.noahswish.org If a pet rescue organization could do this, why couldn't our federal government? The stuff about logistics is BS. Once they decided to mobilize you saw how fast the federal government came in and how fast they got folks out.

#116156 - 09/10/05 05:32 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
stevertr Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by buyingallhouses:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding it really hard to think about work right now.

My eyes are glued to the TV and the internet and I'm focused way too much on this tragedy unfolding in the Gulf.

I'm just not in the mood to kick butt, put on the happy Realtor face, and shake the money tree.

I remember once having a 'motivational trainer' say - "Don't read the newspaper or watch TV News because all news is bad news and it will keep you from being positive and making a difference."

I managed to detach myself from the Tsunami tragedy of last December and never let myself once watch a TV image

Anyone else with a comment?
I have a comment....
For those who want to make a difference... "JUST DO IT!"

It's so easy to "talk" about it...but realistcally we can all change the world.

I just spent the last 4 days, working on virtually no sleep, arranging for the donation of over 20,000 pounds of relief supplies and thousands of dollars. I've obtained 2 moving vans as donations, and they are shipping out monday with nearly 40 pallets of clothes, baby formula, diapers, and supplies.

The photo below is of ONE THIRD of what we collected. We had to split it among three driveways to palletize the loads.

So in short... we can change the world...we just have to take action.

As Lincoln said "Those who swear that something cannot be done are always amazed by people actually doing it."

Regards

Steve

#116157 - 09/10/05 07:34 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
rwilson99 Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
I have a comment....
For those who want to make a difference... "JUST DO IT!"

It's so easy to "talk" about it...but realistcally we can all change the world.
Nice work, Steve. If everyone invested more time doing things rather than complaining, the situation for the people effected would be better.

I am not a laywer, and I can't even spell very well.

#116158 - 09/11/05 10:11 AM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Houston Agent Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston
I agree with the others that have said to channel your energies into volunteering. I've been working with my church and using my license to help those that need more permanent housing.

There is so much that still needs to be done and it's only a matter of time before it drops off the front page and the volunteers drop off in numbers. If you really want to make a difference, help out and don't become one of those that fades back into the scenery.

I'm seeing these poor people on a daily basis and just a friendly ear can make a huge difference to them.

#116159 - 09/11/05 10:37 AM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Safarion Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Steve you are the man. Keep up the good work bro. Here is what amazes me in this tragedy, is the roll of the churches and general public. Man it gives you pride to be an American. Despite our diversities in culture, race and religion, we all stood like one body to help.

#116160 - 09/11/05 03:09 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Houston Agent Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston
Quote:
Originally posted by Safarion:
Steve you are the man. Keep up the good work bro. Here is what amazes me in this tragedy, is the roll of the churches and general public. Man it gives you pride to be an American. Despite our diversities in culture, race and religion, we all stood like one body to help.
I'm very proud of my church and its denomination as a whole. They donated $1M for food at the shelters alone.

In service today, they were actually telling people to stop bringing in some items, because the shelters were becomming inundated with items, like clothing for example.

My city has shown an amazing outpouring of support and it makes me proud to be a native Houstonian! Not something I can say too often!

#116161 - 09/11/05 04:18 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
Unregistered

Finding it hard to show houses..I am not showing unless I have a buyers agreement, Also been turning down low paying bpos as Gas is so expensive.

#116162 - 09/11/05 05:50 PM Re: Is Katrina Affecting You on the job?
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
Good work and good luck to you. I am volunteering for Red Cross work and hope to go down when they call.

#116163 - 09/18/06 04:48 PM Post here if you are attending the New Orleans Conference
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
Here is a thread for those of you attending the conference who want to meet for a cup of coffee.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (STEW, estatereal, miracle, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 40
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10