Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#239792 - 07/24/08 10:03 AM What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA *****
carl1234 Offline

Loc: MN
So what do you know about Froy Candelario. I have tried to find out as much as possible about him. I listened to Mike Ferry interview him and here are some things Froy mentioned. By the way Froy's goal for the year is $22,500,000 in commissions! Not sales volume, but actually 22.5 million in salary to himself!!!!

The interview was done in 2008.
Froy starts door knocking at 6:30 a.m.
Makes 400 contacts a day
Double ends every home he sells
Gets up at 3:30 a.m. and goes to the gym
Lists 60+ homes every month
His listing apts are done at his office and last 5-10 minutes
Between appts he is on the phone cold calling

Hard to believe there is not more on the internet about this guy...drives a lamborghini, has made 100's of millions of dollars in his career.

#239797 - 07/24/08 11:14 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: carl1234]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Sounds to me too like he does not have a life, a family, anything - his life consists of real estate and midnight excursions when nobody else is around.
That's not someone I'd want to emulate. That's not a life. At least, not the kind of life I'd like.

#239799 - 07/24/08 12:03 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/200275/2.html

We had a conversation about this guy awhile back (scroll to the 2nd page on the above link) and the whole thing nauseates me. I think it's an embarrassment to our profession... I'm proud that I take great care of my clients and that my business continues to grow because of it. Not because I pester people all day long. I don't make $22million, but I do just fine, thank you!

#239847 - 07/24/08 05:16 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Jennifer Allan]
RealDealer Offline
Veteran Member

Fortunately real estate is a thing that you can do many different ways to fit your personality, style and schedule.

#239853 - 07/24/08 05:29 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: RealDealer]
Merkaba Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: South Carolina
22.5 in gross commissions for his team or commissions to himself? Hard to believe before i even look into this story

Keller Williams Realty
South Carolina

#239871 - 07/24/08 06:55 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Merkaba]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
his stats impress the heck out of me. lol...i have a new idol. personally, i like the phones because i can hit the most people in the shortest time. shows that nothing beats face to face. he was hired by a seller to sell a home and he seems to be very good at doing just that. he might not have a personal life or he might. point is that with the kind of low overhead he has and the money brought in (assuming it is a legit number), he could retire anytime he wants. seems like he chooses to do what he does.

think of the agents who work the hours that he works and go broke because they cant bring in business!

i dont know where i saw this, but someone said "if you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life!"

froy, i salute you!

Edited by estatereal (07/24/08 06:56 PM)

#239890 - 07/24/08 08:48 PM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: estatereal]
Texas Agent Offline

Loc: Dallas, Fort Worth - TX
I've honestly never heard of Froy before this thread.

I've already got plenty of great role models to learn from and emulate. A few in my own office. And several in my region that are easily 'netting' well over a million a year.

As others have said... this business can be done in many different ways. Just like many businesses. And each of our business plans should reflect our own personal goals and life dreams.

=)

#239929 - 07/25/08 12:41 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Texas Agent]
FL_Agent Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Puffy Clouds
Here is more about Froy: I pasted part of the article here in case you don't want to read the entire article.

http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/profiles/ferry_tale.php

"Among Ferry’s many outstanding students in attendance here in sunny San Diego are Carlos Justo, of Miami and The Learning Channel’s Million Dollar Agents reality show TV fame; Christina Martinez; and Karen Bernardi.

But Froy Candelario of Superstar Realty in Los Angeles is the Ferry protégé who towers above them all. He wears gold cufflinks and drives a Rolls Royce. He will sell over 1,500 homes this year—by himself—and make millions of dollars doing so. He has formed his own multiple listing system. Realtors are in awe of him, and stories about him regularly circulate whenever realtors congregate.

“The legend? He sells 10,000 homes a year and makes over 400 contacts a day. He’s a prospecting machine.”

“He’s worth billions. Trillions, maybe.”

“He grew up in a cave in South America with only goats and howler monkeys for friends.”

Another rumor is that Ferry actually tried to ban Candelario from attending this year’s One-on-One Retreat"

#239977 - 07/25/08 03:48 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: FL_Agent]
Texas Agent Offline

Does anyone have a link to a factual report about Candelario?

A Google search turns up little but blog anecdotes and Mike Ferry seminar chats...

Odd. But I've been known to mess up my Google searches.

Still odd.

#239985 - 07/25/08 04:12 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Texas Agent]
FL_Agent Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Puffy Clouds
There is more about him on that article:

"With only 15 minutes left on my lunch break, I run into none other than Froy Candelario at the MFO registration desk. Standing 5’5” and weighing about a buck seventy, he is wearing a vest over a crisp white shirt, and a gold brick of a Rolex. He appears to be in his mid-50s, his dark hair liberally salted with gray.

He is surrounded by seven agents, mouths flapping, questions in flight.

The questions range from the number of homes he’ll sell this year (“About, oh, fifteen hundred.”) to how he prospects his leads (“Hi, this is Froy Candelario. I just listed the Jimenez’s home on 123 Rondario Dr. for $210,000. Are you interested in purchasing this home? Do you know anyone else who would be interested in purchasing this home? Thank you very much.”), and end with my query:

“Do you really make 400 contacts a day?”

Candelario smiles and nods his head in affirmation.

I’ve heard from a friend who once visited Candelario’s office that he usually makes three phone calls at once—two on a double headset (one caller on each ear), and a third on speaker phone. He apparently toggles the mute button, switching fluently from Spanish to English and back again—sometimes in the same sentence while speaking with two different people. He’s like the Michael Jordan of cold-calling."

#239987 - 07/25/08 04:18 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: FL_Agent]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

What I think is odd is that there is no official Froy website...or at least none that I have found yet. I see a lot of chatter ABOUT him. I wonder if he actually even exists.

Maybe I've seen Wag the Dog too many times. Or Mash. Anyone remember Captain Tuttle?

#239993 - 07/25/08 04:40 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Texas Agent Offline

Perky, it is interesting that all we find about him seems to be buzz and chatter in forums and funky webzines. Take a hard look at the link we've been provided... I think that speaks volumes.

I've not seen one reference to this guy in any reputable real estate web site.

Waiting for more about info about Froy from the 'Froy Candelario' fans on this board.... maybe a write-up in an NAR publication? Until then I'm done here.

#239997 - 07/25/08 04:44 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Texas Agent]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Yep. I think it's just some kind of plot to see how gullible agents are. LOL

Kind of like when a new "faith healer" shows up on the scene, supposedly raising people from the dead, healing people of cancer, replacing lost limbs...all by word of mouth though...you hear lots of TESTIMONIES...of so called "witnesses."

#239998 - 07/25/08 04:45 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: Texas Agent]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
he might not be a realtor so there is a chance that he would not be in any nar publication.

i have googled him as well and have only found the stuff that you guys have posted here.

he might be old school and could operate without a website.

i thought that someone mentioned that they looked him up?

#239999 - 07/25/08 04:47 AM Re: What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA [Re: estatereal]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

that would certainly make NAR look bad...lol. top agent in the country not a realtor?

tsk tsk

that said, I still think it's a fabrication. probably to generate interest in mike ferry seminars...

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  RaquelMangual 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
khojmain, NMK471, Patrick Hospes, DaniC, hws2home
26137 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (khojmain, Askme, barb43, Lance Clifford), 176 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 52
lucky 41
BrianMI 38
RAH 37
Vermont 36
75Corvette 17
gitmonee 16
Bigtoe 15
JasonBurcham5643 13