Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mr. Clean 32
Vermont 21
Lucky Leonardo 20
Z06Fanatic 16
estatereal 15
Daniel1234 15
RonnieEmz 11
miracle 10
Trouble 9
Bigtoe 8
gitmonee 7
Aftermath 6
The7 5
Andrew James 5
Investor_broker 5
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#226296 - 05/13/08 12:50 PM New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

Loc: Global
It seems that new forum upgrade added a new "feature" where links in new signatures and in new posts are given the "no follow" attribute. If you have an existing signature and make any changes the links within will likely be given the "no follow".

I am looking into this to see how I can change this but for now leave your sigs alone.

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/realestateforums

#226317 - 05/13/08 02:43 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
I have fixed this issue but if you changed your sig in the last few days and it is still showing "no follow", you will need to save it again in order for the "no follow" to be removed.

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#226963 - 05/16/08 09:15 AM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: doug]
Adier Offline

Loc: n/a
Experienced this one, I thought I got penalized by the admins here, lols it's ok now.

#253107 - 10/03/08 12:33 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Adier]
Adier Offline

Help I updated my signature and can't remove the nofollow again, I've done what is told in this thread and yet no luck to remove the nofollow attribute.

Thanks

#253111 - 10/03/08 01:03 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Adier]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

Fixed. What happens is that I need to edit the code to remove part that inserts the no follow attribute and when I update the software at a later date my editing gets overwritten.

#253458 - 10/06/08 11:50 AM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
Adier Offline

Thanks again

Is it possible to have a thanks button in this forum so that we don't have to post a reply with just a thank you message on it looks spammy. laugh

Edited by Adier (10/06/08 11:50 AM)

#261521 - 11/26/08 02:43 AM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Adier]
Austin TX Agent Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Weird. I just tested changing my sig as well and it didn't remove the nofollow. I don't think that code edit worked (or it was overwritten again).

Joe

#261536 - 11/26/08 04:28 AM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Austin TX Agent]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

Ah yes! I updated the software again and forgot to edit the code. I will do that tomorrow and that will fix the "no follow"...

#261590 - 11/26/08 04:00 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
Admin Offline

Veteran Member

It should be OK now - try editing your signature again and that should remove the no follow.

#262169 - 11/30/08 11:51 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
Austin TX Agent Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
It worked! Thanks. The software folks who make this should include the idea of "important" so that your changes can override any enhancements that they make to defaults.

Much appreciated.
Joe

#429395 - 10/15/13 01:07 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Austin TX Agent]
Don Price (Pine) Offline
REO-BPO-R.E. Mod
Major Contributor

Loc: Pinehurst, NC
Bump -

Since this thread is so old I am almost, well OK, actually embarrassed to say I did not notice the 'no follow' links until I had a back link check on my sites.

Is removing the 'no follow' still an option for members??

No matter what - this is still a great place to come to relax and learn - away from our day to day routines and daily 'grind'.

Thanks Doug.

Pinehurst NC Real Estate | Fayetteville Real Estate | Blog | Join active|rain

#429398 - 10/15/13 01:40 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

A few months ago Google announced that they were effectively flipping a switch that would negatively affect ranking on forum sites and blogs that did not use "no follow". We saw an immediate and drastic drop in ranking when that happened and were forced to go with the flow so "no follow" is here to stay.

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

#429403 - 10/15/13 03:45 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
Don Price (Pine) Offline
REO-BPO-R.E. Mod
Major Contributor

Loc: Pinehurst, NC
No Problem - but can you tell me if you feel that slowed down the growth or use of AO?

I know what I see in usage - but I don't know what all to attribute what I see to.

It is curious - that after we lament the ways of Google and their real relevancy - that we still toe their line and meet their demands, but what else can you do? wink

Pinehurst NC Real Estate | Fayetteville Real Estate | Blog | Join active|rain

#429404 - 10/15/13 04:01 PM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: Admin]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

I don't think there has really been any effect. The vast majority of users don't seem to use sigs.

I am a member of several forums for other interests that I have and participation is not what it used to be in any of them. Dilution I think as there are just so many avenues now such as Twitter, FB, Reddit, etc. and really there probably is negligible growth in internet use as everyone has been on for a while.

As for real estate in particular, just check Google Trends as see the dive in interest in "real estate". Not going to see much growth when interest is waning. The internet boom is over smile

#429414 - 10/16/13 06:52 AM Re: New "Feature" - no-follow in new signatures [Re: doug]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: doug

As for real estate in particular, just check Google Trends as see the dive in interest in "real estate". Not going to see much growth when interest is waning. The internet boom is over smile

The decline in google trends makes probably has more to do with the decline in the real estate market more than anything else.

Plus, google trends is no longer a representative measure of internet activity. Internet users for the past year or so have been told by google that the only real websites are the top 3 or 4 brands. Consequently, most internet users right now have installed an app from one of the top 3 brands or they bypass google and go right to one of the top 3. Why search when you get the same results every time? A decline in the use of google does not necessarily reflect a decline in internet use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Joeri, FranciscoJ, Capone007, SquareOneMiami, KJTopAgent
29652 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Daniel1234), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28173991
No new orders today 13092726
Stupid MLS comments. 3269912
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1183442
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1055566
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023755
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 818364
Let's talk about our cars 665759
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 600189