Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Barbara Herbert 31
Vermont 24
Mr. Clean 21
Trouble 20
Lucky Leonardo 19
RonnieEmz 18
Marksmith 13
WolfHouse 12
Z06Fanatic 12
Daniel1234 10
Aliya 8
RandomREODudeOK 7
David Hunter 7
sualk54 6
rjlocal22 5
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21482 - 01/25/07 02:39 AM Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE
Troy Richardson Offline

Loc: Bennington, Vermont
This forum has been designed for Agents & Brokers to exchange ideas and information.

Please note that if you have questions about getting your license, choosing a broker or any other questions that relate to what you need to do before you start working as an Agent, please post in the Aspiring Agents forum.

Many active agents who are interested in assisting those who have not yet been licensed will read the Aspiring Agents forum and your questions will be answered.

All the standard rules that you agreed to when you signed up apply in this forum. If you've forgotten those rules, you can review them here .

As of this writing there are 2,116 topics with 20,011 posts. It is pretty safe to assume that whatever your question is, someone has probably already asked it and if you use the Search function, and be a little creative about the keywords that you search on, you should find a wealth of information that has already been discussed. PLEASE search before you post and then post if you don't find the information or answers you need.

The moderators on this forum (and all other forums) are volunteers and moderate when they have time. We do review every post and edit and delete posts when we feel necessary. However, we urge you to use the "Report Post" feature when you feel that a post is inappropriate or needs our immediate attention. We will try to review these requests as soon as possible, but please remember, we're volunteers and may not be able to get to it "right away."

Please feel free to private message any of the moderators if you want a personal response from any of us.

Edited by Troy Richardson (04/08/07 07:34 PM)
Bennington, Vermont 05201
Bennington VT Commercial Real Estate

Advertisements
#21483 - 01/25/07 05:43 PM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS
Troy Richardson Offline

Loc: Bennington, Vermont
With regard to potential antitrust issues, we all walk a fine line, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

This topic has been discussed in the forums, and there are valid points on both sides of the debate as to whether when you tell a story and mention commission rates, if you are approaching the line of potential violation.

It's a good practice to add a note to the bottom of any post where you mention commission rates that says:

"Commission percentage listed is for educational discussion purposes only"

In that way, it's clear that you are not trying to attempt any sort of price-fixing.

It's a fine line, and it's better to actively avoid than stumble over the line by accident.
Bennington, Vermont 05201
Bennington VT Commercial Real Estate

#381140 - 06/28/11 06:43 PM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
Graham Ginsberg Offline

Loc: Florida
Thanks for the advice Troy.

I'm a newbie on the board, so will take note.

#389931 - 09/21/11 07:32 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
uspropdeals01 Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Troy :)

#427168 - 08/15/13 09:02 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
rev Offline

Loc: florida
Hello I'm a newbie broker in Florida. I was tracking a foreclosure for a client which was rescheduled due to an error in the street address. The attorneys are asking for a 60 day delay before the auction I did some digging and found that the owner had signed it back to the bank over 12 months ago. I was thinking about a short sale, but am now wondering why the property is still in foreclosure when the bank already own it. I am sure there is an obvious answer to this from those in the know.

#434547 - 03/24/14 09:15 PM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
coastalrealtor Offline

Loc: California, usa
Hello. I am a licensed agent in California. I have a question regarding my commission being withheld and given to my manager.
I represent a seller and also represent this seller in the purchase of another home. Both properties are currently in escrow. One is closing tomorrow and the other on March 29th. These clients have been very difficult in dealings with myself, the lenders, appraisers, etc. I have also had a difficult buyer's agent to deal with that has cause issued for my client. My manager agreed to handle the final dealings on the to escrows, with me in the background doing the final inspections, followup on loan docs, etc. Keep in mind, we were 1 week from closing on one escrow, and 2 on the second. I am now told, that our "office policy" is to give all commission to the agent taking over the client and not to me. This agent, is my manager. I was under the impression my manager was doing her duty to help me, the agent with this client. My manager states my clients fired me. My manager is making a deal with the office to only take a 25% referral fee and let me retain the balance.
The office policy, nor my independent contractor's agreement make any mention of said policy. No mention of when an agent's commission would be withheld for any reason.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

#434565 - 03/25/14 08:47 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay
That sucks. Are you sure the clients fired you? Is there proof of that?

and if so, I'd not help out the manager anymore and take my referral cut since I'm not getting paid more to do it. If she needs help, bill her an hourly fee same like any assistant would charge.

Edited by Artiste (03/25/14 08:47 AM)

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#434568 - 03/25/14 10:05 AM Re: Internal Referral Splits [Re: coastalrealtor]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
If I'm reading this correctly, you're still getting 75% of the two(2) commissions for the selling and buying transactions with Clients that you apparently can't get along with.

Paying your Manager just 25% to bring them in for "Soft Landings" isn't too bad . . . . after all, 100% of nothing is a whole lot less.

Something must have happened to cause these Clients to call your superiors to complain and to ask that someone else be assigned to work with them.

This may just be a one-time-only clash of personalities; or it may be a developing pattern of behavior. Only you can examine the true underlying cause.

Some Agents can't work with certain personalities; others can't work with anybody, and that is a major problem.

#434569 - 03/25/14 10:50 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: coastalrealtor]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
In my experience (others may have different results), in the rare instances where clients are unhappy with a particular agent and the broker assigns the transaction to another office agent, the original agent gets a "referral" fee which fee is then subject to the agreed broker/agent split. The broker can decide what that referral fee will be to "keep the peace" in the office. Or, I've seen agents decide among themselves. What is paramount is that, no matter where the transaction stands, is that the client is happy, stays with the brokerage.

#436044 - 05/16/14 12:03 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
BestBusinessBuys Offline

Loc: AUSTRALIA
Thanks for they advice- We're new to these forums
Are URL's permitted? [url=www.bestbusinessbuys.com.au]Best Business Buys[/url] www.bestbusinessbuys.com.au

Edited by BestBusinessBuys (05/16/14 12:05 AM)

#442395 - 01/16/15 11:24 PM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
Nancy Adkins Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Thanks For the information I will keep in mind before posting reply in this forum. I respect your policies as we should be. Thanks for such guidance.

#447438 - 08/26/15 12:20 PM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
jasonconferido Offline

Loc: philippines
Thank you for informing us. I will follow the rules of this forum and promise to reply only with intellectual messages.

#456054 - 12/27/16 07:33 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS [Re: Troy Richardson]
excellhomes Offline

Loc: Toronto
This is good place to learn and explore your knowledge.

#457496 - 04/27/17 04:58 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE [Re: Troy Richardson]
Finance Daksh Offline

Loc: Uttar Pradesh
Hello ,
I am a Commercial real estate agent in India. looking forward to share and gain new knowledge about real estate industries.

#457508 - 04/27/17 10:03 AM Re: Please read this before posting! NEW USERS PLEASE [Re: Troy Richardson]
WolfHouse Offline

Loc: Winter Park, Florida (United S...
Hi, We're out of Winter Park, Florida and dealing with motivated sellers. Seems like this forum is the place to be!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Rodger, HOT-TUB, Realtors, kizzme, chanel majic
29473 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Trouble, Mr. G, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28093317
No new orders today 13085357
Stupid MLS comments. 3264923
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1179105
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1050876
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1020705
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 815884
Let's talk about our cars 662781
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 598222