Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mr. Clean 30
Lucky Leonardo 23
Vermont 20
Z06Fanatic 17
Daniel1234 15
miracle 11
estatereal 9
RonnieEmz 8
Trouble 8
Bigtoe 8
James007 7
gitmonee 7
Andrew James 5
The7 5
Investor_broker 5
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213655 - 03/21/08 02:59 PM Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens
JBet Offline

Loc: McKeesport, PA
I'm working on a short sale. I have the banks approval of the offer and everything was moving along just fine, until the title company found 2 bail bonds that were posted against the home back in 02. I've tried calling the court house to find out how to have the liens released or to settle with them but no one seems to know what to do. Has anyone run into this before? What do you do if the second lien holder won't settle?

Thanks for the help and all the great information on this board.

Advertisements
#213662 - 03/21/08 03:18 PM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: JBet]
REO DISPATCH Offline

Loc: REPO VILLE USA
Call the bail bond companies in that county they can probably help you.

#213688 - 03/21/08 04:59 PM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: REO DISPATCH]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
If the second won't settle YOU are not explaining it correctly.

There interest will be wiped out at foreclosure anyways and the homeowner is being foreclosed on.Ask them to settle if both are 10k then settle for 2k and yes the buyer will have to pay those funds out of pocket usually otuside the short sale agreement per the bank addendums.Usually you have to get letters from the lienholders agreeing to release the liens before the bank will even look at a short sale.

They can still come after the persone for the bail money if they want to.I have seen leins completely settled for 20 cents on the dollar and I have also seen where they will release there interest for say 1k but reserve the right int he letter to pursue the person owing money in the future for the balance.Without a workout from the junior lienholders you have nothing with this short sale.good luck

#213713 - 03/21/08 06:13 PM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: super realtor]
JBet Offline

Loc: McKeesport, PA
The main issue I'm having is finding WHO to explain it to. The best answer I have gotten so far is that I need to file a motion for the court to dismiss the judgement. That's out of my range of knowledge.

#213728 - 03/21/08 06:53 PM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: JBet]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
Unless the judgement has epxired that is up to the plaintif to do.You have to find out who owns the judgement usually on the judgement that is kept a copy of th ecourt records usually online or at the courthouse it will list the name of the company,address,and sometimes the phone number.

It just sounds like you don't have the skills to track down the person.You don't flick your fingers even when I had the address I had to use various methods to find the company phone and then I had to call and talk to a few different people before I found the one who handled that part of the company.

it's there you have to look.

#454601 - 09/22/16 09:15 AM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: JBet]
Christophers Offline

Loc: New York, New York
Get a CERTIFIED copy of the Court Order which releases the Bond, send a copy of it and whatever other documents with a letter to the Bonding Company requesting that they release the lien. The Bonding Company has 30 days after the Bond is released to release the lien on your property. Once the Bonding Company has released the lien, have it recorded with the County Recorder.

Cheers,

Edited by Admin (09/22/16 10:17 AM)
Edit Reason: Please put your contact information in your profile and not in the post.

#454602 - 09/22/16 09:55 AM Re: Short Sale Question - Bail Bond Liens [Re: JBet]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
It's appreciated that you read and made a contribution related to this Topic . . . . but please recognize that it dates from the Spring of 2008; so it's over 8 years old.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
realtorraj17, Probate Expert, Joe PCHB, CDMDCH, T Blair
29643 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Mr. Clean, busybpobee), 73 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28171854
No new orders today 13092579
Stupid MLS comments. 3269780
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1183340
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1055473
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023657
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 818321
Let's talk about our cars 665687
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 600137