Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20072 - 04/24/06 11:10 AM What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Joseph Evans Offline

Loc: Wayne Mi
I'm a new agent and I have all my friends and family listed in my contacts. I want to send them an introduction letter that looks professional. Does anybody have any good content to put in it?

#20073 - 04/24/06 05:32 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Tanya Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I advocate sending a handwritten note as the first contact with your friends & family. I think handwritten is more personal & shows that you put more time in to it.

Make it a quick note.. "I'm building my real estate business & can use your help. Please contact me if you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell" enclose some business cards. You can go a step further & create "referral cards". I have my new agents do this. It's a simple preprinted card:

Name _______
Address ________
ph _____________
Relationship __________

& they ask their friends or family to keep the card & send it back when they meet someone looking to buy or sell. Make sure to include a return addressed, postage paid envelope for the reply. People hate throwing away things that are pre stamped so they will keep the cards forever. Make sure to follow up with a phone call after sending the card.

#20074 - 04/24/06 05:50 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Joseph Evans Offline

The referral card idea is a great one and I'm going to use it! Thanks Tanya.

#20075 - 04/24/06 06:01 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Micklola Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Interesting. I'd rather include a few cards and have my friends/family give them to their friends who are looking for real estate related help.

I would never give my friends information to anybody that would then cold-call or otherwise solicit to them. Personal choice.

#20076 - 04/24/06 06:05 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Micklola Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Oh, I know attorneys do very nice quality introduction postcards.

X,Y,Z firm is proud to announce that ___ has joined the firm.

They also typically place an ad similar to the postcard in a local legal paper.

#20077 - 04/25/06 08:47 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Joseph Evans Offline

From what I've heard, your friends and family won't know for a long time that you are in the business. Even if they do unless you show them that you are for real they won't connect you with real estate and therefore won't refer you because they don't think you are going to take it seriously. Therefore a professional introduction letter is imperative.

#20078 - 04/26/06 03:35 PM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
Tanya Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee:
Interesting. I'd rather include a few cards and have my friends/family give them to their friends who are looking for real estate related help.
That's a passive approach Aimee. You need to be aggressive in this business & that means asking for business & getting your COI to work for you. The WORST thing a new agent can do is hand out their business card & not get the person's info. If they are anything like me, the business card goes in the purse or pocket & thrown out eventually (where did I meet this person? And why do I have their card?). If you get their info then you keep them on a drip campaign so you are in front of them when they are ready to make a move. If you give out the card in hopes they will call you, they won't.

Quote:
I would never give my friends information to anybody that would then cold-call or otherwise solicit to them. Personal choice.
It's not a cold call. It's a warm call. Your friend or relative knows someone who is looking to buy or sell. When you followed up the referral card with a call you've trained them on how to use the referral card. They come across a lead, they ask the lead if it's ok for my ____ to call you, then they send the card or call you with the info. You call & say "So & so is my _____ & said you may be looking to buy or sell"

#20079 - 04/27/06 11:56 AM Re: What would be a good introduction letter for friends/family
RemericaJoe Offline

Loc: Ypsilanti Michigan
How do you put a quote in your posts that is bold like that?

Moderator:  RaquelMangual 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
Anshuman, Bent Philipson, hollywoodtoday, soldbystein.com, Robert Cogdill
26147 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (robichaux, SCGirl, RAH, 1 invisible), 211 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 54
lucky 41
RAH 40
BrianMI 37
Vermont 33
75Corvette 20
gitmonee 14
poindexter 13
Bigtoe 11