Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28267111
No new orders today 13101564
Stupid MLS comments. 3276520
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189245
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061051
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028032
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822465
Let's talk about our cars 670832
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602663
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592239
Most common items found at an REO 575727
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440692
Main Street 419354
asset val seminar in colorado 407119
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340410
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306725
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 ... 83 84 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186187 - 12/08/07 04:53 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. ***** [Re: texasgal]
TheTexasGal Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: ^
Hey I want one of those! ;\)

Advertisements
#186197 - 12/08/07 06:30 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: Mr. Foreclosure]
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: Mr. Foreclosure
So is Shirley Hunsberger a member of this forum?

Oh yeah, she's the moderator of the entertainment forum.
"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#186205 - 12/08/07 07:33 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: NH-REO]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
The area I relocated to, and where I practice now, is very beautiful and rural. And, to be polite, educationally disadvantaged. Many agents can barely write; some have trouble reading. That was FINE until the area was discovered by the rest of the world. So long as local agents practiced with locals, the lack of education was mutual; now agents who are not particularly literate are having to leave the business.

Anyway first place I worked had the dumbest agents-- it had that rep.; although most of them had been agents for quite some time. Nearly none of them changed to ZipForms-- another story for another time. Anyway, I'd always be asked to spell words by agents and staff. I did NOT understand why none of them picked up the dictionary that was available. That is, until I realized that most couldn't spell enough of the word to be able to find it. I left the place; but I swear, it was so good for laughs, and for stories that start, "You're never going to believe this...", and I miss that a lot.

Thing that kills me is when I send out listings from MLS and the remarks section is many, many times, barely understandable, unless you're really good phonetically. I'm afraid clients think it's my listing and that I'm a complete moron. I try to keep the remarks out if they're really awful.

"Owner is in procis of remodiling" was the latest butchery.
"Seller is a lisensed Realator".
"Rod iron".
"Beautiful partial of land"-- meaning "parcel". Many agents here think that we sell "partials" of land.
"Must see too apreciate."
"Worth every dollor."

Or, this: WILL NOT LAST!!!!!!!PREICED TO SELL!!!!!OWNER ANGSOUS!!!!
This is where the agent never learned punctuation OR spelling, and there are no commas or periods, just big, long texts with no capitalization at the beginning of a "sentence", either. I pointed this out to an agent who was just an awful person, purposely mean to me, and not literate in the bargain, and she said, "I leave spaces!" Then, she and her husband, upset over not understanding that one should capitalize the first letter of the first word of a new sentence, started using all caps... And in between thoughts, they'd put !!!!! It was the only punctuation they understood.

I understand that, after 15 years of being a Realator, and working for "Good morning, Acme Reality" she's getting a job as a cashier after Xmas. Sadly, there are many more just like this woman. Was there a time that there was no test to get your license? Does anyone know?

#186208 - 12/08/07 07:59 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: texasgal]
savvycyn Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: California, USA
The other day I came across an REO agent that put the lockbox combo in the public comments...I was amazed he was that dumb!!

I meant to write it the address down and tell him but I got so busy I forgot.

Figured he could lose his client that way...

#186209 - 12/08/07 08:08 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: DueDiligence]
NewBreedAgent Offline

Loc: Drilling a lock.
I just used a comp that is located on a very, very busy 4 lane urban street. The home actually sits on a service road (a small drive that runs parallel to the busy street) that has a 25 foot grass buffer from the busy 4 lane street. No fence, no barriers, jsut grass.

The listing agents comments: "Home on low traffic street".

All in caps, of course.

#186320 - 12/09/07 07:28 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: NH-REO]
StevenB Offline

Loc: Jacksonville FL
Thing that bugs me: Motivated Seller (who isn't?)

I think the RE license exam should include a spelling test and grammar test. If you dont not pass, then you don;t get your lisence!

#186326 - 12/09/07 08:16 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: StevenB]
graysqwrl Offline

Loc: 3rd Rock From The Sun
The all caps and excessive !!!!!!! is what burns me

Edited by graysqwrl (12/09/07 08:16 PM)

#186329 - 12/09/07 08:37 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: graysqwrl]
zephyr Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
In our area, most streets are quite, most views are luvly, and most decks ARE huge!!!!!! All of us under-educated rednecks DO love to entertane!!!!And most punctuation is !!!! The mis-spelled words are one thing I can understand (I'm an excellent speller, but a rotten typist). The misuse of punctuation irks me, but what I hate most are the fluffing comments. HUGH living room(I measured 12x14), BEUTIFULL views (of the overgrown bushes bordering the yard), and You wont find another like this at this price (with its 1256 days on market, probably not).
We have one agent who tries her hand at literature in every ad. "Only the finest antique architectural accents" (alliteration), "This happy house just loves to be loved" (personification), and "Truely, the best deal on the market" (fiction combined with poor spelling)... Yeah, I log on to the MLS just for the entertainment value. Maybe I should just go enjoy the deck....

"And think not you can guide the course of Love, for Love, if it finds you worthy, will guide your course" K.Gibran

#186331 - 12/09/07 08:45 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: zephyr]
FIJIMAN Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Orange County, California
But is it 'crown molding' or 'crown moulding'???

#186339 - 12/09/07 09:59 PM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: texasgal]
Analog Man Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tampa Bay
My pet peeve isn't regarding remarks, it's regarding photos. Our local MLS does not make it mandatory that the outside photo of the house be uploaded. It frustrates me to no end how many times the main photo will be of a hallway, toilet (not joking), or an empty room. What amazes me even more, these houses sold!!!! Back when I was selling, I would be hard pressed to show a house I didn't have an exterior photo of.

Brad

#186381 - 12/10/07 04:56 AM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: Analog Man]
1thingCoach Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Oh yeah Brad...that is a big one here, especially for condos...they will show this tricked out living room or even a collage of pictures of all the rooms to get the consumer to click on their virtual tour! There is even a blogger/broker here who is quite controversial, bashes agents all the time about not using photos to showcase homes in this way(his pet peeve!) He ran for the board recently and he and his partner came in DEAD LAST! I thought at the time that's what you get for bashing your peers publically!
Education will not.
Persistence and determination
alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

#186400 - 12/10/07 07:43 AM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: texasgal]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
"Romanic wound views" This guy was either referring to the show Rome or the romantic views over the sound.

Edited by Bigtoe (12/10/07 07:45 AM)

#186402 - 12/10/07 08:23 AM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: Bigtoe]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay
I mentioned to a Realtor that the home might be "conveniently" located, not "contently" located as she described it

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#186406 - 12/10/07 08:57 AM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: Artiste]
RiverKing Offline

Loc: Memphis, TN
The most amazing thing I have seen in the MLS was in the realtor comments.

Do not show from 3:00-5:00 as minor school age children in the home alone.

#186414 - 12/10/07 10:05 AM Re: Stupid MLS comments. [Re: NewBreedAgent]
ggwwttre Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Watsonville, CA, USA
And then of course there's the famous no comment at all... usually accompanied by no photo, and leading to no showings (I don't care about the showings, I just need a pic and a few words so I can use it for an active comp since it'll never sell.)

Page 2 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 ... 83 84 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
james luis, Snapple, Rockin m, 995junk, John Scott
29792 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 80
Vermont 40
estatereal 20
RonnieEmz 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
Snapple 12
Mr. Clean 11
Logan Five 11