Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28454478
No new orders today 13135025
Stupid MLS comments. 3340828
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224994
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1100781
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1055387
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 844021
Let's talk about our cars 697001
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 622382
Most common items found at an REO 615691
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612635
REOTRANS 461336
EML 459235
Main Street 442255
asset val seminar in colorado 421700
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352814
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 328058
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163248 - 08/15/07 02:11 AM Open House for another agent
Pro Rookie Offline

Loc: CA
Greetings all,

just a quick question. I'm still pretty new to the R/E industry and is wondering if there's anything i should be looking out for while hosting an open house for another agent in the same company.

I agreed to help her out this weekend mainly wanting to get some experience and to see if i'm able to get a potential buyer who might want to see what else is out there.

I just want to know if there is anything else i should pay attention to? also, if i happen to get an offer and acceptance from the open house, is there any value in it for me?

Thank you for the input in advance!

Steve

Advertisements
#163386 - 08/15/07 04:00 PM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: Pro Rookie]
BaltimoreAgent Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Hi Steve.

I'm unsure what you mean by "should be looking out for". Do you mean for safety sake or do you mean how a buyer behaves or speaks?

Safety - Since I am a woman, I normally always have my spouse or another agent with me during open house. I always let the customers in front of me so I'm always by the exit area. Basements, I usually don't go down with them especially if it is an enclosed basement with no exits.

Buyer behavior - Only way to know what they are thinking about the property is to talk to them. Don't just show the house, ask questions. When you show them the master bedroom, ask them what they think. Is this a good size or is it too small? Basically, get to know them as much as possible and when they tell you that this isn't the house for them, inform them that you have access to all the homes for sale in the area and that now that you understand their needs, you have a few in mind that they may really like. Get an appointment with them and go from there.

As for any value if someone comes in and wants to purchase the house, well, if dual agency is allowed in your state and you represent these buyers exclusively, then you get paid your share of the commission that the sellers are offering.

I hope that helps.

PS. Make sure you get the people who come to your open house to sign in (in case you didn't know). They become good leads because you know they are looking for a home (in case these were folks that you didn't get a chance to "interview"). Send them a thank you note or email. Put them on a drip campaign. Just keep in touch with them.
www.theBaltimoreAgent.com

#163395 - 08/15/07 04:31 PM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: BaltimoreAgent]
ATS32 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Make friends with whoever walks in the door! Whenever I hold anything open I don't even talk about the home we're in I either spark up a random conversation or keep my mouth shut. Really, the only time I talk about the home is when asked a question. It may sound like a different approach but it's in my personality and has worked well for me.

#163468 - 08/15/07 09:18 PM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: BaltimoreAgent]
Pro Rookie Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for the replies guys! i'm learning a lot from your responses. pls feel free to enlighten me more, or share some of your personal experiences from before. Every bit of information would help!

#169054 - 09/12/07 06:51 AM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: Pro Rookie]
michelleg Offline

Loc: Florida
Make an agreement with the listing agent that you are helping out. Have all potential buyers sign in and have the LA agree in writing to share the commission with you if one of the signed in buyers come back in a few days and purchase the property outside of the open house. I had that happen to me and I wasn't entitled to anything. I never did another Open House for that Realtor and I learned my lesson early in my career.
michelle.goodson@yahoo.com

#175499 - 10/14/07 09:22 AM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: michelleg]
Zmehappy Offline

Loc: Worldwide
Here's a freebie open house check list for you and your sellers.

http://www.rateahome.com/Documents/OpenHouseCheckList.aspx

#175542 - 10/14/07 03:32 PM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: Zmehappy]
Codythebest Offline

Loc: FL
Steve,

First, yes, you sell, you have the buyer side.
Secondly, Make a flyer asking the info of the people coming in, including what they are looking for and their email, so you may check the MLS if the house is not what they're looking for.

#175878 - 10/16/07 06:06 PM Re: Open House for another agent [Re: Codythebest]
Viktor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Dallas, TX
Get as more information about the house and the area as you can,:
1.Who is the builder, taxes and deed the history.(You can take that one from Tax Appraiser district).
2.All the houses available on the market in this Subdivision.
3.Pull a simple CMA to get familiar with the market in this area.
4.Shools
5.Take as much information about the area as you can. You can find different kind of brochures in the title companies.
6.Preapare visitor sheet to get the visitors contact information.
7. Do not forget to ask them if they have buyer's representation agreement with an agent before you start solicit business from them.
8.Leave them to take a tour on the house and listen to their comments. Costumers do not like somebody talks to them all the time. Ask them questions when they finish the tour.
9.Don't show them obvious, it is annoying.

Good luck!

Edited by Viktor (10/16/07 06:06 PM)
http://homesforsaleindfw.com
http://northdallas.blogspot.com
Viktor.RealtyBG@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/viktortaushanov

I love referrals!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
casperpearl, Green R and i, albertgore, flyboytm, Team Sztanyo
30085 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (T.T.), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 33
Team Sztanyo 31
Vermont 19
kirastan 17
estatereal 10
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 7
Trouble 6
realtor12345 6