Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28354166
No new orders today 13123789
Stupid MLS comments. 3311280
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208139
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082753
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043355
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 835901
Let's talk about our cars 681652
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614457
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603681
Most common items found at an REO 594001
EML 459233
REOTRANS 448947
Main Street 434940
asset val seminar in colorado 415321
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346884
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317154
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165221 - 08/23/07 05:15 PM SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block...
$$Kate$$ Offline

Hi! I'm a new agent and am putting together an SOI letter and want to make sure I don't throw myself under the bus by focusing on the new-ness of my my career in Real Estate. I plan on attaching a great article I found on real estate recently as well.

Would anyone mind posting their SOI letters to provide some guidance to the newbies?

I have my first open house this weekend and the threads below are so helpful. Thank you, everyone for your great advice.

Advertisements
#165233 - 08/23/07 05:59 PM Re: SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block... [Re: $$Kate$$]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
just let your soi know that you are holding an open house and if they know anybody who wants to buy a house to stop by even if they are not in that price range or area. let them know that you can help them with any property. offer fliers for them to give to friends who are buying or selling(put that in your soi letter. kind of like a pass it on flier. that way they know you are an agent but you are not saying hey i am new, or saying hey use me. you are just saying hey if you know somebody who is buying or selling give me a call. very non invasive and you are not saying--you must use me---. just that, hey i have a house to sell and i can help you with yours too!

#165241 - 08/23/07 06:29 PM Re: SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block... [Re: estatereal]
Jeff Shields Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Nothing wrong with saying you are new to your SOI or anyone else for that matter.

Try something like:
"I'm new to the industry. I have a lot of energy and I'm fired up and ready to go. I have time available for you. I am one phone call away from hundreds of years of experience from people in my office. I'll get the answers you need."

Jeff Shields
RE/MAX Anchor Realty
Qualicum Beach, BC
1-800-668-3622

#165244 - 08/23/07 06:35 PM Re: SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block... [Re: Jeff Shields]
MarketingGuy Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I can't remember if I wrote this or borrowed it, but there are some good lines to work with in this letter. Tailor it to your situation. Hope it helps.

"I am writing to inform you that I have begun a new career in real estate. I have had a burning desire to go into business for myself for some time. The entrepreneurial embers have been burning inside and it is high time for me to fan the flames. Having thought long and hard about this and after much study and preparation I finally earned my license and have joined XYZ Realty, Inc.

Should you have a need for my services or just want to pick my brain, I would be delighted to assist you in any way possible. I want you to know, however, that I am not writing to beg you to work with me the next time you buy or sell property. I simply want you to be aware of what I am doing now in the event that you do want my help or if you have opportunity to refer some business my way.

I want you to know that I am entering this business with a strong plan. I have a vision for how I will set myself apart from other real estate agents. This "announcement" is just one of the early steps I am taking to "get the word out" about my new business.

Any input or constructive advice you may have for me would be greatly appreciated. I hope to hear from you soon. Oh, and rest assured, while I am passionate about my new career I will not be one of those people who hits you up for business every time I see you. Your friendship means far too much to me to risk losing it by being obnoxious."

www.themarketingguy.wordpress.com for marketing ideas
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
604-618-5512
800-568-8338

#165289 - 08/23/07 10:13 PM Re: SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block... [Re: MarketingGuy]
fatmaxxv Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Frisco, TX
I am not sure announcing that you are new to the industry is a good idea. If you were a Seller (or Buyer), would you choose a high-octane agent who has bought/ sold properties many many times before you do?

Please dont get me wrong. I am not trying to rain on your parade. You could mention it to some of your SOI (who loves you) and want you to succeed in your new endevours. But I wouldnt tell everyone about it.

You could gracefully work that into your conversation.

Instead of writing a letter, why dont you just pick up the phone and start building rapport? Find out how your friend is doing? What his/her hot buttons are recently, etc. and to reciprocate, they usually ask you back on what you have been doing.... Then tell them (in your own style) about what you are up to. Just skip the announcement step.

I think a phone call (working this in) sounds more natural... But again, you know your SOI best.

Edited by fatmaxxv (08/23/07 10:14 PM)
Frisco, TX - Suburbs of the Dallas, TX metroplex
I make myself rich by making my wants few

#165314 - 08/23/07 11:53 PM Re: SOI Letter Examples? Writer's Block... [Re: fatmaxxv]
$$Kate$$ Offline

I hear ya Fat Max. Thanks for the info you guys - VERY HELPFUL!!!!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CarolRPhilly, Angela123, LewTube, Gianis, Elair Properties
29906 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Jay Koerner, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 45
Vermont 23
VABroker 21
estatereal 21
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
sualk54 9
MissionJoe 8
Mr. Clean 7