Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

Point2 biggest sale of the year is on!

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144657 - 06/01/07 03:37 PM Daily schedule of a RE Agent
jennjenn Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Hi All,

I would like to get some input on the daily schedule of a RE agent whether it be FT or PT. I know every individual is different but anything will help me plan right now. I do have two daughters and a husband so those of you with families are more than welcome to share your schedules. Also, please add if you work weekends, and the hours! Thanks a million!

#144703 - 06/01/07 05:58 PM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: jennjenn]
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
The daily schedule will be different every day... and different for every person. That's not a cop-out - it's the absolute truth. It differs whether you have any business... a ton of business... or no business. When you're brand new, I'd guess you'll spend most of your time prospecting (whatever form that takes), previewing and hanging out at the office trying to learn something. Once you have clients, you'll spend a lot of time (esp. when you're new) taking care of them. In your first year, something that will take you one hour to do later on will take five hours (or more) to do because you're creating your wheel.

From what I already know of you, Jenn, I think you'll figure it out. Don't worry about what I do all day, what Scott does all day or what Mary does all day. Just go all out and do whatever YOU think you need to be doing.

#144729 - 06/01/07 08:29 PM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: Jennifer Allan]
Kapic Realty Offline

Loc: Webster NY
If i had specific schedule to obey every day as an agent,i most likely would not be in this type of biz for 9.5 years.

#144776 - 06/01/07 11:22 PM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: Kapic Realty]
Heading for the Top20 Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
I have a family too ... the first thing that I do is put them and their activities in my Treo. I make sure that if at all possible ... I'm there for those events! My kids know that if they want me there ... it needs to be in the phone.

Secondly, you need to get in front of as many people as you can/know. Save the e-mailing and searching on sites like this for off times -- after the kids are asleep or in the early morning -- when you can't be on the phone or in front of anyone!

#144791 - 06/02/07 01:06 AM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: Jennifer Allan]
jennjenn Offline

Thanks Jennifer! Your advice is great and motivating!

#144801 - 06/02/07 01:55 AM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: jennjenn]
Coastal NC Agent Offline

Loc: NC
In the beginning, I went wide open and jumped on any opportunity that came my way. Unfortunately that took me away from my family some. The great thing is that it didn't take long to get really busy and now I plan my full days during times when the family is in school, etc... It has worked out great, after the closings started lining up and I didn't feel like we were struggling as much.

#144802 - 06/02/07 01:59 AM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: jennjenn]
Jim Kimmons Offline

Loc: Taos New Mexico
Even though every area is different, I've written some material on days in the lives of listing agents and buyer agents.

Nobody can tell you how you'll spend your time, as it's a very individual business, but perhaps these articles will help a bit.

www.about.com
About.com is Part of the New York Times Company
866-503-2260

#144865 - 06/02/07 12:29 PM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: Coastal NC Agent]
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
Originally Posted By: Newbee1
In the beginning, I went wide open and jumped on any opportunity that came my way. Unfortunately that took me away from my family some. The great thing is that it didn't take long to get really busy and now I plan my full days during times when the family is in school, etc... It has worked out great, after the closings started lining up and I didn't feel like we were struggling as much.

Newbee's comment is dead-on. In the beginning, you will (or at least you should) jump on opportunities that come up, even if they don't result in a paycheck. Everytime you walk out the door will be a learning experience that will be valuable!

#144948 - 06/02/07 07:45 PM Re: Daily schedule of a RE Agent [Re: Jennifer Allan]
jennjenn Offline

Thanks for the info and the articles. I will certainly read these!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Good Ideas!

build your brand and help your SEO for Realtors

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors

Newest Members
Alphina, brendag, Ann Adams, Buckeye Realty, wrybread
25893 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Cyrille, qrstuv999871), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 52
Cyrille 30
75Corvette 29
Eric G. 29
Vermont 26
BrianMI 23
gitmonee 22
12 step 4 BPOs? 21
OttawaRealEstate 18