Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271068
No new orders today 13101840
Stupid MLS comments. 3276709
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189479
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061188
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028176
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822648
Let's talk about our cars 671002
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602716
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592421
Most common items found at an REO 576021
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440741
Main Street 419454
asset val seminar in colorado 407157
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340445
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306781
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 15 of 28 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143703 - 05/29/07 01:56 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Secret_Agent]
Jeffo Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Oh man. Oh man. The following equation:

Paris Hilton + Jail (Socorro Church) = Religion.

... is just blowing my mind. Does....not...compute! Not.... sure.... why.... not....!

Those words have never before existed together in a sentence! Ever! Paris Hilton... Jail (Socorro Church)... Religion... it's never been done! You could give a million zillion monkeys a million zillion typewriters and let them type for a million zillion years and you'd get Shakespeare, sure, but not THAT!!

Gaaaa! Worlds colliding! You've melted my brain!

-jeff (I'm off to bed... need some rest from my vacation!)

Advertisements
#143704 - 05/29/07 01:57 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Secret_Agent]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
I think that sounds interesting. Wonder if Britney Spears can join her somehow. Maybe it can be their new shrine. At least the church will get an increase in young male visitors, anyway.

Edited by Perky_REALTOR (05/29/07 01:58 AM)

#143705 - 05/29/07 02:00 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay
Lust is a sin.

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#143707 - 05/29/07 02:09 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Artiste]
Cool Cat Offline

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: changeagent
Sm: You imply that I was pushing Ms. Perky Realtor (talk about sexual innuendos) to respond to me, when I was not.

I think Ms. Perky should be changed to Ms. Pissy, because of her overreaction.

CoolCat: No, I have not taken that course or workshop or whatever it is.

You are obsessed with scripts and chess. What an interesting speciality!

changeagent: Well you answered one question out of four. You have not taken the course or workshop or whatever it is. (That makes you an expert on this thread.) For some reason you do not want to answer the others. You berate Perky but dodge these harmless questions.

1) Have you taken the 100 Days to Greatness class? No, (You answered)

2) When you get in informal "debates" concerning religion (in light of the fact that you studied world religions at the graduate level) do you find yourself or the other party resorting to using the same dialog or "scripts"?Yes or No

3) Have you watched What tHe BLeep!? "Down The Rabbit Hole" or The Secret? No Response

4) Do you play chess? Yes or No

---------------------
Now taking on whether Catholics are Christians and the debate between Changeagent and Prodigy, I'll leave them to play that game themselves. I am like Perky in several ways, I am a "born again believer" but have problems with organized religion and mans doctrines.

"born again believer" Did I say "SAVED"

Originally Posted By: navarac
Another interesting linguistic wrinkle: Certain Christians like to refer to themselves as "saved". Leaving the rest of us out in the cold I guess. Or more accurately, submerged in the heat.

It just says something about group psychology and weakness of character when members of a religious sect summarily declare
its followers to be "saved".

Don't you think?

--------------------------------------
Originally Posted By: seattlemetal
Originally Posted By: Cool Cat

Now to ask a few questions of seattlemetal:

Can you learn from a teacher or instructor who is religious?

Could someone teach you how to paint a house if they were religious?

If the "house painter" referenced God or claimed he got his abilities from The Lord God Almighty would that negate everything you learned from "the painter" making you unable to or even want to paint a house using his techniques, shortcuts, type of paint brush, and the same brand of paint?

Will you have an open mind to the basic fundamentals of working your sphere of influence taught by Brian Buffini?

I think you may be missing the point...I never qustioned whether the class was valueable, nor did I ever say that the presence of religious content would prevent me from benefitting from the class. thats not the issue....

could I learn from someone who is religous? of course, I have, and do. let me ask you- can the religious learn from an atheist?

for those of you who are religious...If you were told you HAD to take a class, and pay $400 for it, and then you were to stand up and say "there is no god" in that class, how would you feel?

all of you should think about that for a second....think about that while you are telling me that its no big deal....

I think we can tell, by how wound up everyone has been in this thread, that it IS a big deal to everyone....no matter which side you are on....

1) I can learn from atheists.
2) If I was taking a class that was $400, I would learn what I could but would have no trouble not saying or repeating something I did not want to. (In church I rarely sing when every one else does, if I don't like the words.)
3) If I was an atheists, which I used to be an agnostic prior to becoming a "born again believer". I would say it was no big deal. I certainly would not fret over the subject and start this post. That is why it took me so long to even join in this thread because I agree with the second response in this long thread. (See Below)
4) I truly feel this topic is "No Big Deal". You (seattlemetal) are feeling insecure for some reason? To quote my aloof friend changeagent "You're kidding,right?"

Originally Posted By: REODayton
I've never taken the class but I have listened to him alot. He may say God once in a while but not trying to convert or use religious overtones.
Just curious though. Why would you ask such a question?

This is my final three questions in this post:

seattlemetal are you doing the Buffini program, if so can you see where it is $400. well spent?
seattlemetal Have you watched What tHe BLeep!? "Down The Rabbit Hole" or The Secret
Perky are you drinking blackberry wine and getting pissy?

#143708 - 05/29/07 02:14 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Artiste]
Secret_Agent Offline

Loc: Albuquerque NM
Well according to the typewriting monkey's who do work out of a back room in a church in Socorro Britney Spears has given up religion. But according to my new math:
Britney Spears(Paris Hilton + Jail) + Socorro Church = HOT New Reality TV Show.

#143709 - 05/29/07 02:14 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Cool Cat]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Sadly, Cool Cat, I am not drinking any wine. I forgot that I drank it all yesterday and had to content myself with too much iced tea and thoughts of the Pirate Code and commandeering an annoying thread.

As to being pissy...well, I'll let you be the judge. wink

#143710 - 05/29/07 02:16 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Cool Cat Offline

Loc: Indiana
Perky you just winked at me! Remember we are married and can't blame the iced tea.

#143711 - 05/29/07 02:16 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Secret_Agent]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Secret_Agent
Well according to the typewriting monkey's who do work out of a back room in a church in Socorro Britney Spears has given up religion. But according to my new math:
Britney Spears(Paris Hilton + Jail) + Socorro Church = HOT New Reality TV Show.

Ooo, ooo! I love it. What will it be called? An American Idol Named Paris At the End of Her Spears?

#143712 - 05/29/07 02:17 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Cool Cat]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Cool Cat
Perky you just winked at me! Remember we are married and can't blame the iced tea.

Ooo, sorry. The thoughts of a reality show with Paris and Britney, on top of all this pirate talk and stuff got the better of me. I take it back. lol

#143713 - 05/29/07 02:18 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

And I wonder why my localism blog is not getting finished... tsk tsk

well I have to wait till tomorrow anyway to get some pictures.

#143715 - 05/29/07 02:21 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Secret_Agent Offline

An American Idol Named Paris At the End of Her Spears?
Come out and see the latest reality TV show in the hot desert of Socorro NM. It will be getting hotter as we see these two celebrities show us just why "Lust = Sin" when we take:
Paris + Britney + Church (typewriting monkeys)= rating through the roof for MTV!

#143716 - 05/29/07 02:23 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Secret_Agent]
Secret_Agent Offline

Perky I am feeling your pain I am being gently reminded that I have a blog to post, well he isn't looking to nice about it at the moment. I even have the photos. I might even have some sneak peek photos of the newest reality show out of NM. This new math is really confusing!

#143717 - 05/29/07 02:23 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Well folks, I know you hate to hear this but I am going to back away from the keyboard and put myself to sleep, hopefully, by reading the next chapter of my favorite bedtime story: Obsession, An FBI Profiler's Journey into the Psyche of Killers, and stuff like that.

My other hobby, besides all things pirate, is reading true crime stories. I loaned out Realty Blogging so I can't review that, so a bit if reading up on the BTK and Ted Bundy and the like is just the thing I need to send me off into la la land.

G'night! It's been fun!

#143726 - 05/29/07 07:07 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Paceryder]
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
Good morning, all!

If you really wanted to have an intelligent, adult conversation/discussion about religious belief and the reasons for it, you might try a new approach. Howzabout something like "I don't believe there is a God and I have good reasons for my belief; however, I understand that many disagree and they have equally good reasons for their belief" ... instead of (to paraphrase) "There is no God and people who believe in God are non-thinkers and stupid."

For all of you who flat out declare that "There is no God," you sound kind of silly. You have no more "proof" of that "fact" than you perceive believers have that there is a God. Showing a little respect for other viewpoints will take you farther than your flippant disregard for them.

As a former atheist, raised in a family that was "too intelligent to believe in God," I can easily see your side and can relate to the perceived silliness of it all. I used to read the Children's Bible with my mother and make fun of it because it was so obviously WRONG. I DO see how you can believe (or don't believe as the case may be) the way you do; try to show the same respect. When you don't, you're just as bad as the ridiculous evangelists and militant religious folks you criticize.

#143735 - 05/29/07 08:42 AM Re: Is there religious content in Buffini class? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Perky_REALTOR
Jeff, relax, have some wine, and tell me who's sexier: Jack Sparrow, Jack Nicholson, Jack Jones, or Mickey Rooney?

(bonus points to anyone who knows, without googling, what show Jack Jones sang the theme song for)

Love Boat?

Page 15 of 28 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Long Walk, sualk54, 1 invisible), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 41
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10