Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28353941
No new orders today 13123719
Stupid MLS comments. 3310098
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208128
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082738
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043344
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 835857
Let's talk about our cars 681639
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614449
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603663
Most common items found at an REO 593976
EML 459233
REOTRANS 448919
Main Street 434921
asset val seminar in colorado 415312
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346856
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317141
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133860 - 04/09/07 05:05 PM Open house on an unfinished house
shaunLA Offline

Loc: Denham Springs, LA
My broker told me that if I wanted to I could go ahead and hold an open house in some new construction of hers. She said the floors aren't in and a few other things need to be finished.

Has anyone had exprience in holding open houses in a house that isn't completed? Or do you think it's just best to wait?

Advertisements
#133870 - 04/09/07 05:54 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: shaunLA]
REODayton Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Dayton Ohio
I've done them in REO properties with some success. I mainly did it to hide out from the wife and kids, but hey, a buyer came, so it was even better. I made sure there were other open houses in the area already scheduled, they were nice sunny days, and I relied on the traffic from other open houses. May be worth a shot.

#133872 - 04/09/07 06:10 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: REODayton]
shaunLA Offline

Loc: Denham Springs, LA
I believe I'll do it.. It definitely couldn't hurt.

I've never held on though.. Any good tips?

#133885 - 04/09/07 07:28 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: shaunLA]
That 20something RE Guy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Circleville Ohio
Personally......These kinds of properties are the sort of open houses i WANT TO DO.

I had a open house a few weeks ago on a property that i had that was a REO. Put a sign in the yard Friday saying we were going to have a open house Sunday. No advertising other than that , I had ATLEAST 25 people show up. Got names & Emails of around 5 people and 2 of them have turned into great leads.

Try to do the open house not a way to sell the property, but inform them about new builds and the area. Open houses can be a great way to set yourself apart from other agents in the fact people might percieve you to be the kind of "guru" on a certian topic. Make sure you know alot about that home ,and the others in the area.

Follow my property investment journal! I'm well on my way to being a property baron! http://InvestmentJoy.com

#133926 - 04/09/07 11:02 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: That 20something RE Guy]
RockSolid Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I'd be interested in knowing what you do to make them successful. I have done open houses on properties I'm rehabbing. Basically, whenever we're there, the Open House sign is out front. Nothing has ever come from it.
Foreclosure Survival Kit and
Foreclosure Assistance Starter Kit (NEW)

#133930 - 04/09/07 11:09 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: RockSolid]
Traveler Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Coast
The purpose of an open house is to procure buyers, so finished or unfinished makes no difference.

#135140 - 04/16/07 02:56 PM Re: Open house on an unfinished house [Re: shaunLA]
jbt4re Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: SWI
Yes it is a good idea. I cut my teeth in real estate on new construction. I have done open houses (or rather open lots smile ) on bare lots because they had just gotten final approval to build. People will stop by and ask questions. Check with the builder to find out if a buyer does a contract at the framing stage or drywall stage if the buyer can still pick colors, flooring, fixtures (cabinets are usually out at this stage as they are usually ordered at the framing stage), this will give you the chance to get the buyer's name and phone number to call them back. Also, find out if the builder has any finished models in another subdivision that you could take buyer's to to see the finished product or finished models they could to see to have built in the sub you're doing open houses in. Know the builder's product, meet with them before the open house and ask what they require in terms on earnest money, how long will it take to complete, how long have they been in business, build credibility with them, etc. Hope this helps and don't give up, it can be slow, but I have found I have more traffic at new construction than at resale listings in my area. Good Luck!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CarolRPhilly, Angela123, LewTube, Gianis, Elair Properties
29906 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Sun Diego Broker, Long Walk, David Hunter, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 45
Vermont 23
VABroker 21
estatereal 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
sualk54 9
MissionJoe 8
Mr. Clean 7