Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122999 - 01/03/07 01:34 AM New Agent Announcement Postcards
uniquename Offline

I need some ideas for some short texts to put on the post cards I will be sending out to my SOI to announce that I am now a Real Estate agent. It will of course have my picture along with my phone numbers, email address, and url on the back. The standard card starts out with just the word Announcement on the front with some marketing type of picture. But there is room for a couple of text boxes and I am looking for some good ideas for what I might put in those text boxes.

Thanks!!

Kevin Boylan

Real Living Realty Services
South Dayton, OH

#123000 - 01/04/07 04:44 AM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
Seattlegal Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
My company has pre-printed note cards that state "I am pleased to announce that I have joined a select group of sales professionals associated with XXX Realty to better serve all of your residential and investment real estate needs. Please keep my card handy and call me whenever you need answers to any of your real estate questions. " ...that might be a little long. Also, if I could have had the text changes I would have mentioned something about referrals..."if you know anyone who could use my services..."

I like note cards better than postcards for this purpose, they give you space to hand write something too.

Hope this helps!

#123001 - 01/04/07 01:59 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
uniquename Offline

Thanks Seattlegal, that is what I am looking for I can work with that. I agree about the notecards but the postcards are free so I will take advantage of that and then follow up with something a little more substantial after that.

Thanks!

#123002 - 01/04/07 03:50 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
Jennifer Allan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Beach
I am somewhat opposed to these announcements. I think it's much better to kind of drift into "being in real estate" with regards to your SOI. Most of your more casual friends probably aren't keeping up with your daily routine, so if you are suddenly 'in real estate' they might think you've been doing it awhile and they just forgot. To me, announcing that you are brand new might be counterproductive.

What I recommend is that you just start communicating with your SOI as a real estate agent. Send out a Happy New Year newsletter, casually mentioning that you are loving being a real estate agent. Or send out your business cards with a note that you've "recently changed your contact information" and want to make sure your friends know where to find you if they have any real estate needs.

Then you can create an effective SOI communication strategy as if you're experienced and not "fresh off the turnip truck"

Just my two pennies.

#123003 - 01/05/07 12:58 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
uniquename Offline

Hi Jennifer,

I agree somewhat and have actually been considering whether to just go ahead and send out a non-new-agent type of direct mail instead. I might just do that, but haven't made up my mind completely yet.

Thanks!

Kevin

#123004 - 01/05/07 10:00 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
An Assistant On Call Offline

Loc: North Augusta South Carolina
Sometimes I need a little something to get the creative juices flowing. It might help you to take a look at some of the postcards that you can buy to help you generate ideas.
www.sellsmart.com
www.reamark.com
Of course, I am not advocating that you copy these cards and commit copywrite infringement - you just may be able to read a couple, and combine some phrasing until you get what you want. Just use them as examples. It helps me when I am stuck to do something like that and get you in the "real estate zone." It gets my mind working. Also, microsoft has free real estate templates you can download. They might help you too.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=real+estate&av=TPL000
I agree with you uniquename, if it is free, take all you can get!

#123005 - 01/06/07 03:27 AM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
JoeyBagadonuts Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bucks County PA
One thing I can say about postcards I see on these websites is that most look cheesy. They dont seem to have character. They all look like they have been cut from the same piece of cloth, so to speak.
If you have MS Publisher or something similar, you can start from a blank postcard, add maybe a photo or two from your area that is known, like something in an area park, something in your community that stands out and alot of people will recognize. Doing this with your company's logo, your contact info, and whatever you are trying to convey will probably work best.
Visit my Bucks County Homes & Real Estate Website

#123006 - 01/06/07 04:51 AM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
Jollymon Offline

Loc: Rock Hill, SC
I sent out post cards around Thanksgiving/Christmas one year. It was a home made personal one like Joey said.

I had a picture of a nice turkey dinner spread out over the table with the message "Where else can you give your friends and family the bird after they told you to stuff it? Happy Holidays!"

My broker didn't like it. I would not recommend that card.

#123007 - 01/06/07 02:41 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards

But I do like your originality Jollymon!!

#123008 - 01/06/07 03:43 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
SEO Support Center Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Hi Kevin.

I might be opening a can of worms here, but I recommend avoiding "new agent" announcements completely.

Postcard prices can really add up over time. I know, I've worked for two postcard marketing companies. So if you send out mailers with nothing more than an occupational announcement on them, you're spending good money with little hope of ROI.

Like Jennifer said above, just kick off your first mailer as a professional agent without any mention of being brand new. I also recommend having some kind of offer on your postcard to increase your chances of a response. Postcard marketing is not as easy as it once was. You have to work harder to generate a response, so you really have to step it up in the offer / value department.

Here are a couple of informational resources that might help you out:

* http://www.postcardsmart.com/realestate.php

* http://www.realestatepostcardbook.com/bonus

Good luck!

-Brandon

#123009 - 01/06/07 03:48 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards

Hi Brandon,
I checked out the postcardsmart.com site. I really liked it! I am going to pass it on to my agents. I may even do a blog post about it. Thanks for sharing such great and helpful information!
Nancy

#123010 - 01/06/07 06:42 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
uniquename Offline

Brandon,

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely considering that approach, its sounding better all the time.

Kevin

#123011 - 01/07/07 04:00 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
RealtorInCA Offline

Loc: California
I agree 100% with Jennifer. I regret sending out that announcement when I got my license close to three years ago. People want something of value and want to know what is it it for them. With the high turnover of new agents most people aren't impressed that you are a new agent beginning your career. I think sending out your updated contact information is much better and productive. There is a difference.

#123012 - 01/07/07 06:59 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
Dee in Austin Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Austin, TX
I like postcards from The Personal Marketing Company. I use their newsletters, so maybe you can send those every 30-60 days. http://www.tpmco.com/
http://www.TexasRealtyBlog.com

#123013 - 01/11/07 10:18 PM Re: New Agent Announcement Postcards
Paceryder Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: The Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer Allan:
I am somewhat opposed to these announcements. I think it's much better to kind of drift into "being in real estate" with regards to your SOI. Most of your more casual friends probably aren't keeping up with your daily routine, so if you are suddenly 'in real estate' they might think you've been doing it awhile and they just forgot. To me, announcing that you are brand new might be counterproductive.

What I recommend is that you just start communicating with your SOI as a real estate agent. Send out a Happy New Year newsletter, casually mentioning that you are loving being a real estate agent. Or send out your business cards with a note that you've "recently changed your contact information" and want to make sure your friends know where to find you if they have any real estate needs.

Then you can create an effective SOI communication strategy as if you're experienced and not "fresh off the turnip truck"

Just my two pennies.
What about a letter to your SOI when you change agencies?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  DelCidsRealty, TylerMeyerRE 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
Bent Philipson, hollywoodtoday, soldbystein.com, Robert Cogdill, Re-seller Forum
26145 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (CMW, RAH, Brad, HomeTeamGA, TRENDS Tony, BLUTO, 1 invisible), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 54
lucky 41
BrianMI 39
RAH 38
Vermont 34
75Corvette 16
gitmonee 15
Bigtoe 13
agentjunior 12