Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271787
No new orders today 13101893
Stupid MLS comments. 3276759
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189513
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061210
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028238
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822772
Let's talk about our cars 671064
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602727
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592450
Most common items found at an REO 576065
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440754
Main Street 419467
asset val seminar in colorado 407201
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340452
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306799
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 20 of 21 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108368 - 01/03/06 02:44 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Ben34105 Offline
Ubiquitous Mod
Major Contributor

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by gawdzzzla:
This brings up another pt. What would you do if homepages.com and all the lead sites begin to ditch agents and become ziprealty/discount sites?
Good agents don't rely on lead sites, they realize this is a business and you have to generate your own leads. It wouldn't affect my bottom line one bit.

Discounter! Oh boy, I used the "d" word.

Advertisements
#108369 - 01/03/06 02:52 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
How would you explain when there are million dollar earners using some of those sites ...housevalues, homepages,etc...?

I look at lead sites as postcards. How many post cards to you send out to get one sale?

How many leads from housevalues do you need to turn to one sale?

How many doors would you have to knock to get one listing?

If you can get your own leads that's better but it never hurts to get from multiple sources.

#108370 - 01/03/06 03:16 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Pikes Peak Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: FL
Quote:
I'm sure he's making more money question is is prudential wanting to adopt or add ziprealty's model?
I'm sure they are to some degree, but at whose expense? I bet it's not management.

#108371 - 01/03/06 03:18 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Alan From Florida Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Tampa Bay Florida
Quote:
pikes peak wrote:
And why is the co-founder of zip realty working for prudential? Could it be he is making more $'s there?
And your point and question is????????????What does that have to do with this topic.

Quote:
Ben34105 wrote:
Good agents don't rely on lead sites, they realize this is a business and you have to generate your own leads. It wouldn't affect my bottom line one bit.
Ben this is the first time I disagree with you but only to a small point. Yes this is a bussiness where one generats there own bussiness and as such leads. Would not lead sites be part of ones bussiness plan. Although I agree that if one depends on those for bussiness they would go broke. Um maybe thats why we call them brokers? But if its profitable then why would not a top agent use the services of a lead site??
Quote:
gawdzzzla wrote:
I look at lead sites as postcards. How many post cards to you send out to get one sale?

How many leads from housevalues do you need to turn to one sale?
Agreed but to add I look at it as a cost factor. What does it cost to get the lead and at the end of the day did it pay for itself in a possitive way. Its pretty simple if its profitable then I do it if its not then I don't. I have tried most of them. Some even though they only produce a sale every year or so they justify the cost. Some do produce a sale every month however the cost to get the sale was not worth it. The key try it keep records and do the math.
Please click here to request my list of reo and or investment properties

#108372 - 01/03/06 03:24 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Ben34105 Offline
Ubiquitous Mod
Major Contributor

Alan I can definately see where you are coming from. My statement was to generalized. I personally do not believe in lead sites. I feel if the montey was spent sending postcards or placing ads you could get a better response. It's like the agents who complain they don't get enough floor time or the broker doesn't supply them with leads. I don't feel sorry for those agents when they go broke, it's their own fault for not getting out there.

#108373 - 01/03/06 03:53 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Ben
As to most of those lead sites I took a different approach. I use top producer and as such I created a web page that inputs a potential clientís info directly into my database. I tied that to my web page and its own domain using forwarding. Now what I do is instead of paying for those lead generating sites I place an ad free over the net home evaluation. Is that not what those lead generation sites do. I tried homevalues and they provided the site made me paid for a zip code and then market their site to push people into my zip code. With my system I do not worry about the zip code (Its mine so I have all of them) and Walla. If itís in my market place I use topconecter input 3 sold and 3 actives and my send them my presentation. Takes all of 2 min. But now they are in my database. Yes probably 80% go nowhere but 20% do and again I get all the leads for every zip code.

#108374 - 01/03/06 04:24 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Ben34105 Offline
Ubiquitous Mod
Major Contributor

I have a very similar set up to you. I have a program called tool kit and use Brian's PMC. You search the MLS for comps and export them directly to tool kit. It makes up a nice 12 page booklet (whole listing presentation), our office has a binding machine, then just drop it in the mail. It's pretty quick and painless. I'm working on a LC page to run an ad advertising the free evals. What kind of response do you get?

#108375 - 01/03/06 04:26 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Pikes Peak Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: FL
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pikes peak wrote:
And why is the co-founder of zip realty working for prudential? Could it be he is making more $'s there?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And your point and question is????????????What does that have to do with this topic.

I thought the topic was discount models, if not, disregard.

#108376 - 01/03/06 05:22 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Quote:
I have a very similar set up to you. I have a program called tool kit and use Brian's PMC. You search the MLS for comps and export them directly to tool kit. It makes up a nice 12 page booklet (whole listing presentation), our office has a binding machine, then just drop it in the mail. It's pretty quick and painless. I'm working on a LC page to run an ad advertising the free evals. What kind of response do you get?
Well it takes about six months to a year of cultivating. But the response is about 1 in 10. to respond and then about 1 to ten of the responders to actual list. Most are just looking for a value for refinance. However I have gotten some nice referrals from the original request. But with mine its email so I do not have any additional costs other then time and some advertisements. And I did notice that they do go back from time to time and look at my original presentation. With TP I wrote nice email drip campaigns so after the initial email CMA the system then sends out the emails automatically for me. However itís real hard to calculate for I have noticed that many of my presentations get forwarded and forwarded many times. I have even gotten buyers off a presentation I sent out a couple of years ago and the client did not even know the original person who requested it.

#108377 - 01/03/06 05:28 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Ben34105 Offline
Ubiquitous Mod
Major Contributor

I like the e-mail idea. I have PDF printing software on my computer. I could just print to PDF and away it goes and follow up with autoresponders. Maybe I could send the high dollar ones in the mail for a better impression. Your reports must be pretty impressive to be passed on.

#108378 - 01/03/06 05:55 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Ben thats in general what I do execpt on the high end I actually burn it into a 5 CD's and send the CD out. Why five I find people love them and they pass them out for me to every one they know. Its unique and to them very Hi-teck and up to date. I used to use the smaller 8mm CDs. However I can not find the lables for them anymore. Those costs a little more but I found out they was more of a novilty and got passed out more. Plus I found they actually saved them for years.

Hey its more effective when you can get others to do your marketing for you. Its almost like refferals.

#108379 - 01/03/06 06:22 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Ben34105 Offline
Ubiquitous Mod
Major Contributor

I am definately going to implement your method. Are you talking about those business card CDs that are basically rectangular? When you put them on CD do you have a power point type presentation that auto runs or is it a text file? I bet you could even put a link on the cd that would lead them directly to your website. We need to talk more, you have some good ideas.

#108380 - 01/03/06 06:32 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

I use two different ones. One is as you say done in power point. That is customised to their home and their name. If you save the presentation as a pak kias it runs as a html web site. The other is my web site. I have it done in Flash for this very reason. I can download it to a cd with the property files it runs as web site off a cd. The min 8mm CD also comes in smaller round ones that its in the smaller try to most CD readers. I get them at Office depot and CompUSA and Staples. They are relitivly easy to find. Its the lables that is hard.

#108381 - 01/03/06 06:48 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Alan, funny thing you two are discussing cd cards. A few days ago I started a thread on getting new business cards, whether to use photos, or brand the web address...housevalues/homepages/larrysellsnicehouses.com, etc..etc..

I was just thinking about buying a fancy domain name and centering all my marketing on that domain. Each agent in the company would market the same site but coded to the individual agent.

If you don't mind, may I ask why you wouldn't just create an attractive business cards with your website address instead of a CD card? I thought it might cut costs, less likely to damage and easier to update only the website.

#108382 - 01/03/06 07:19 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was just thinking about buying a fancy domain name and centering all my marketing on that domain. Each agent in the company would market the same site but coded to the individual agent.
Actual I have several domains and code it very detailed to what type of client I want. Such as waterfront, high end, mid range, investor etc. As an investor seller and or buyer wants and needs different information then say a luxury. Its much more effective.

Quote:
If you don't mind, may I ask why you wouldn't just create an attractive business cards with your website address instead of a CD card? I thought it might cut costs, less likely to damage and easier to update only the website.
You right it is a little cheaper however its different and being a little different keeps my name in front of potential clients more. Doesnít every agent pass out business cards? You have to at times dare to be differenet. Look at this thread. Good bad or indifferent has not Assist2Sell had a lot of people talk about them here. Thatís my goal to get people to talk about me but in a positive manner. I am known as the CD and candy man. Opps sorry that one more thing I give out to actual listings. Chocolate candy bars with customized labels. I actually have potential sellers calling me for them and asking for them. "I heard about your candy bars can I have one?". I reply lets talk about what I can do to sell you home. Hey this is not real rocket science. I do things just to be different and most important anything I can do in a positive way to be remembered and talked about. The best listing appointment one can go on is when someone else says to talk with this person. I do what ever I can to get others to do that. Itís like I said I do what is effective and has a positive return. Is that always the cheapest no? The big difference is I am getting them to pass them out not me. Think about if you had a friend and you were talking about selling you home and your friend says here is an agent I know and gives them my CD. So the CD cost is 50 cents. Hey do we pay referral fees. Is not 50 cents cheaper then a 30% referral. That not that I have a problem with paying referrals. If you have a referral to or from the Tampa-Bay area I happily pay a referral.

On a side note have you noticed I have not had to mention commission, discount brokers, letís reduce my fee etc? Its kept at my friend said you sell lots of homes what can you do for me to sell my home. Assist2Sell, Homedescovery, Re/max, Prudential, C-21, Joe bad mouther, etc never came into the conversation. I keep the conversation on them and their home.

Page 20 of 21 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
PMacpherson, Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim
29797 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Brad, AML, Trouble, estatereal, RonnieEmz), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 15
Trouble 15
Flare616 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
RonnieEmz 10
Lucky Leonardo 9