Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268397
No new orders today 13101671
Stupid MLS comments. 3276612
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189344
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061079
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028086
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822563
Let's talk about our cars 670871
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602677
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592305
Most common items found at an REO 575825
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440710
Main Street 419378
asset val seminar in colorado 407132
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340425
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306743
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108098 - 12/11/05 11:56 AM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ScoFla Offline

So, what you are saying is that the Assist2Sell model works like this:

The seller pays the normal commission to the buyers agent and you, the listing agent gets a smaller percentage than normal?

So a 'normal' 2.5% to the buyer's agent and maybe 1.5% to you?

If that is the case, and the listing agents gets twice the normal listings due to this and is happy with the workload, I don't see a need for bait and switch. Sounds like a full service business that charges less, but makes up for it with higher volume.

That seems like a sound model, as long as the seller gets the same service as a 'regular' company charging 6%, or whatever the normal commission is in your area.

What I have seen here is a discount company offer 1 or 1.5% to the Buyer's agent, which is not in the Sellers best interests.

Advertisements
#108099 - 12/11/05 12:12 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
*****************So a 'normal' 2.5% to the buyer's agent and maybe 1.5% to you?

If that is the case, and the listing agents gets twice the normal listings due to this and is happy with the workload, I don't see a need for bait and switch. Sounds like a full service business that charges less, but makes up for it with higher volume."""""""""""""""

isn't full service based on what the listing agent does and not how much you pay the buying agent?

#108100 - 12/11/05 12:27 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ScoFla Offline

The listing agent can do whatever he wants, but if he isn't giving a competitive rate to the buyer's agent, I don't think he is giving full service to his customer, the seller.

#108101 - 12/11/05 12:52 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

Are you saying that if a listing agent gives the worst service in town but gives a buying agent 3% then he's a full service? But whne a listing agent gives full service but offer less than 2.5% that it's not full service? I never knew that level of service is based on buying agent commission. That's a new one for me.

#108102 - 12/11/05 01:07 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ScoFla Offline

Come on, you can't honestly think that if you have a listing and you offer to give 1.5% commission where the normal is 2.5 or higher, that you are offering the best service for your customer. Offering a competitive rate for the buyers agent is definitely part of what I would consider full service.
I'm sorry you don't see that offering someone bringing a potential (note the term potential)buyer to your listing a competitive rate isn't part of servicing the listing and offering the best service to your customer. As a matter of fact, I'd consider that a huge disservice to your cusotmer.

#108103 - 12/11/05 01:16 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Alan From Florida Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Tampa Bay Florida
Quote:
I don't know anything about 1% Realty companies. However, from a seller's standpoint Assist-2-Sell is the same as listing with a traditional brokerage, but with the added bonus of significant savings. Assist-2-Sell is truly a full service company. Some sellers chose to utilize the low flat fee program where their home becomes an "office exclusive" listing, while others choose the MLS for Less program. The most compelling reason people have to use Assist-2-Sell versus a traditional company is the comission amount paid by the seller. I can't see any cons, just pros.
Now that is where I disagree with you and you really need to look into things. You can not possible say all they are is a full service brokerage. They have several programs. Some are discount and some are full service. It depends on what program a seller wants. They have a very cheep program that they advertise a lot. However all the seller gets are a sign in yard and a listing on their web site plus a limited amount of advertisements but the seller is pretty much on their own unless they bring the buyer. They also have at the other end of the spectrum offer a 6% program that includes MLS seller representation. Are they good or bad, hey that depends on the seller and what the seller expects and wants. Every home and every seller is different. For some sellers it is a good model and for some its not. I have also scene that some agents just do more. One can go to any brokerage and choose three different agents and get three totally different marketing plans and also results. Some are just better. A seller just needs to interview several agents, compare each one on there merits and make an intelligent choose based on their needs and wants. Come on people itís not rocket science here. If the seller wants all the bells and whistles IE MLS, video tour, open homes, advertisements, mail outs, home feedback system, email alerts, digital pictures, good experienced representation plus everything else it will cost, If they want just MLS and want to do everything themselves then the discount brokers are best. And there is absolutely everything in between. The seller (Or Buyer) just needs to decide on what they want and need. If you are a seller and or buyer just do your homework. Interview agents compare what one offers over the other and decide if that is what they want.
Please click here to request my list of reo and or investment properties

#108104 - 12/11/05 03:41 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by James Lee:
[QUOTE]In your "MLS for Less" deal does your firm offer the same co-operative commission to other firms as the traditional brokerages in your area???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely.
Not in my area--it is substantially less.

#108105 - 12/11/05 03:41 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

"""""""""Originally posted by ScoFla:
Come on, you can't honestly think that if you have a listing and you offer to give 1.5% commission where the normal is 2.5 or higher, that you are offering the best service for your customer. Offering a competitive rate for the buyers agent is definitely part of what I would consider full service.""""""""""

Have you ever heard of in house sales where a buying agent commission isn't required? What would you call that? People are paying YOU to sell their house. Offering any amount of money to a buying agent is only an option.

How many ways are there to sell a house outside of the mls..where the buying agent fee isn't needed? It appears to be that you haven't figured out a way to get houses sold outside of the mls but that doesn't mean that offering 0% to the buying agent is less than full service.

#108106 - 12/11/05 04:04 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:
Have you ever heard of in house sales where a buying agent commission isn't required?
Heard of it, but not listing in the MLS violates our MLS bylaws. We cannot require that they offer a cooperating commission, however. Why even have an MLS if you don't put your listings in?? Assist2sell agents can, however, sell our listings for a nice chunk, but they don't offer it back to us.

#108107 - 12/11/05 04:09 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Quote:
Have you ever heard of in house sales where a buying agent commission isn't required? What would you call that? People are paying YOU to sell their house. Offering any amount of money to a buying agent is only an option.

How many ways are there to sell a house outside of the mls..where the buying agent fee isn't needed? It appears to be that you haven't figured out a way to get houses sold outside of the mls but that doesn't mean that offering 0% to the buying agent is less than full service.
Both of you, this really has nothing to do with full service. By even bring the term full service into that shows total bait and switch tactics. And that my friend is what I object to and I hope sellers do too. You are trying to make people look a different direction.

Now to your business model. By not offering MLS or a co-broke fee, then obviously you are not using every tool available to get the seller the very highest possible sale price. What you are doing is offering the property to a limited buyer pool and not exposing the sellerís property to the total market. So as long as you are not guarantee that you get your seller the very highest selling price possible, or saying you expose the property to every possible buyer , and the seller understands that then you can do that. Although I also agree with you that only offering the property in MLS is about the same as well. A really true exceptional agent will use every selling tool out there to get the seller the very highest net possible. And that is where some of us Realtors just excel better then others.

#108108 - 12/11/05 04:17 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:
KY Realtor, how, in your opinion, does Assist-2-Sell use 'bait & switch' deceptive advertising?
WE will sell your house for $2995. You know there's a lot of strings attached and fine print to read on that subject.

also "rather than the traditional 6 or 7%------
We don't set commissions, that is a blatant, just under the law, wrong thing to say.

WE offer free advertising, yadayadayada----------as if none of the rest of us do.

Among other things, what really hacks me off is that they are publishing "Houses sold in your area"-----and none of them did they sell. It was the hard work of the rest of us that did that.

They sell our listings for a good chunk and don't offer it back on their listings.

Look, it is a free trade society we live in. Anybody has the right to compete the best way they can, and I don't care if you want to sell real estate for free, and I don't mind honest competition.
I just feel it's in the perception, and it does deceive.

#108109 - 12/11/05 04:18 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Veteran Member

Quote:
Why even have an MLS if you don't put your listings in??
In my area they do to get the property on Realtor.com homes.com homeseekers.com and tampabayrealor.com without haveing to pay extra for it since those sites autopopulate from our MLS system.

Now I have nothing against those sites. Some are very good. Especually realtor.com However in my listing presentation I tell my sellers the truth and that is by only placing an MLS listing they will also get those sites no matter who they list with. I then go into else I offer. By doing that with out even going into who my competition is I just eliminated over 80% of them.

#108110 - 12/11/05 04:48 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
Orangecrest Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Riverside, CA
I had an idiot undercut me from my 6% to his 3%.

The lady had my client tell her who I was, and knew that I could sell her house in no time, and would get her top dollar.

It has been proven many times throughout that neighborhood.

The idiot placed a carrot in front of her face and is now offering a 1.5% payout to the selling agent.

Like I told my client, she just screwed herself and there will be "NO" agents traveling the 50+ miles with qualified buyers that she needs to sell her home for 1.5%, in addition to them being banned from doing so even at the local level because they have to cover their E&O.

This lady is very straight forward and direct. From watching the MLS I can tell this agent is getting desperate.

Serves them both right and I hope they enjoy each others company, it is going on 3-weeks and my turn around in that area is less than a week.

This area has dropped $10K-plus in less than a month, Ha Ha Ha!!!

In a buyers' market, the agent with a qualified buyer is King!!

Listing agents become a dime a dozen... Lowballers will crash and burn!!

When she comes crawling I am going to charge 8%, because now I have to do some bandaging because I will be the third agent, first being Century 21, then a nobody then me...

= P

What is funny is she was in such a rush to off load this property and then the greed set in and bit her on the butt... laugh
Views and Opinions are my own,they are not to be used in anyway:medical treatment,cure disease,legal advice,tax advice,to fly a plane,stock tips or any other form other than simple conversation.I represent no one but myself,period.

#108111 - 12/11/05 04:54 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

Quote:
Why even have an MLS if you don't put your listings in??
Perhaps it's not needed why pay 2.5% when you don't have to? There's no guarantee that a house in the mls will sell for more than the alternatives..newspapers, online, yard signs, or in house. It increases the chance but it's not always the case. In some markets you can sell houses in a matter of hours without the mls. We can assert that it could have sold for more using the mls but how do we really know that the offers from mls buyers aren't lower?

Quote:

Assist2sell agents can, however, sell our listings for a nice chunk, but they don't offer it back to us.
Why don't you ask your client to pay you? I can cooperate with you in selling a house but that doesn't mean I have to pay you the amount you want.

I don't know enough about assist2sell or one percent realties but it seems many of them
offer competitive fees.

I agree with everything you two said but I can't seem to connect paying 2.5% to the buying side as a condition of being labled a full service when sometimes I've sold listings without the mls.

I can see offering 2.5% to buying agents for the maximum exposure. But that doesn't mean that if I don't pay 2.5% in every transaction that I am not offering full service.

#108112 - 12/11/05 04:56 PM Re: assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty?
gawdzzzla Offline

"""""""""""In a buyers' market, the agent with a qualified buyer is King!!""""""""""

I agree completely but what if you don't show them a house for less than 2.5% then they find it themselves on the web through any of the hundreds of realtors sites?

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 77
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Trouble 16
Flare616 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10