Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357160
No new orders today 13124363
Stupid MLS comments. 3313038
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208691
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043610
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595194
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317654
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106663 - 12/04/05 11:10 PM Door Knocking
LVLV Offline

Loc: LAS VEGAS, NV.
Does any one do this daily. Im thinking of doin it in my farm area probably maybe 30 houses/ day or maybe week. Any luck with door knocking

Advertisements
#106664 - 12/05/05 12:18 AM Re: Door Knocking
Thomas Ray Offline

Loc: Santa Monica,CA
If I had someone to partner up with, I would
do it.

It is really a rush to get someone to
open the door. In your head you need to be
prepared. Have fun, laugh at what you're doing,
know you are there to build trust, know they
are not going to "make a decision" on their
doorstep. Rehearse your "hook" ideas and don't
come off as that stereotyped artificial agent.
Remember, small talk (the weather etc...) is a
part of the dance. It allows the other party
to decide what they think of you. Small talk
is critical and is not about the content. But, without it, you can't get to anything substantive. Also, pretend you are the host. Be
gracious.
Good luck!
T
====================

#106665 - 12/05/05 01:01 AM Re: Door Knocking
daisy Offline

Loc: IN
I have only door knocked on my own twice. One time it got me a listing and another time they told me they had a verbal contract with another agent to put it on the market when the repairs were done. I don't step on anybodys toes, we all work hard in this buisness so I told him if things don't work out he knows how to reach me.
I have spent several days door knocking with my mentoring broker. He usually does all the talking at first so I know what sort of things I should say. I'm used to being around a lot of people and talking in front of big groups but I still get nervous when knocking on doors.

#106666 - 12/05/05 03:36 PM Re: Door Knocking
lippicker Offline

Loc: California
I door knocked this summer. It did get my face and name out there. My husband tells everyone at his work about me being a realtor and they always say "Oh yeah, she came to my house" or "Her picture (magnet bussiness card) is on my fridge" I guy said he will only use me because no other realtor has done that.

#106667 - 12/05/05 04:39 PM Re: Door Knocking
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
I just can't do it. It's not in my nature, and I feel sleazy. I know this is a personality defect on my part, but I can't do it. I have in the past door-knocked two times with a partner. Both of those times I got a listing, so you would think I would be beating down doors.
But I just can't do it.

#106668 - 12/05/05 09:14 PM Re: Door Knocking
MDHomes2Go Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montgomery County, MD/DC Metro...
Hey ky, Its not a defect, its normal. We all have a comfort level beyond which we cannot go unless there is a BIG reason. Gary Keller calls it the "Big Why". If you needed to make 300k by this time next year to save the life of a loved one, you would be out there door knocking tomorrow if thats what it took. That's a BIG WHY and If we focus on WHY we want what we want, we will go way beyond our comfort level.
I am not into door knocking myself but that's because I have better alternatives, but if everthing else dryed up, guess what I would be doing?

#106669 - 12/05/05 11:56 PM Re: Door Knocking
daisy Offline

Loc: IN
I don't find it sleezy at all. I'm just still quite new at this that I'm just now building up my confidence to do that.
Personally, if I see somebody who looks like a salesperson knocking on my door, by all means I want them to go away... but usually we answer. Every now and then it may be a service we were looking into and the right person knocked when we needed them to.
What I will do is make it short and sweet, hand them something to remember your name and number by, tell them what you do and if they are ever in need of any real estate advice or if they're ready to make a move to please feel free to call.

#106670 - 12/06/05 05:27 PM Re: Door Knocking
SusanScuba Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA USA
MDHomes - that is a great way to look at it! I absolutely hate it, but have gone twice with a fellow agent and it was fun. We got 2 listings, with a couple more in the pipeline for this spring. It definitely works, but again, I won't do it unless I'm with someone else -- it is just not in my nature.

What you say is true - we will go beyond our comfort level to get what we really want. The agent I've door knocked with is extremely motivated and door knocks all the time. Then again, she picks something motivational (this year it was a particular luxury SUV), puts a picture of it above her desk and that just works for her. I think she uses that as a way to get out of her comfort zone and do what she has to do.

Me, I would just buy the car and be done with it so I truly admire her discipline and motivation.

#106671 - 12/07/05 09:25 PM Re: Door Knocking
stsmall Offline

Loc: Frederick, MD
Where I live and would love to do business we have a strict "No Soliciting" rule, so I've never tried door knocking here. Anybody have an ethical way of dealing with that? (I do have a "Big WHY"-Why?Because I'm not making any money right now!!!)

#106672 - 12/07/05 10:24 PM Re: Door Knocking
MDHomes2Go Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montgomery County, MD/DC Metro...
"Because I'm not making any money right now!" smile
.....That's not a big enough WHY! Take it a step further. Try these examples on for size, see which one fits....

You need to make $11,500 in 3 months, WHY? ...Otherwise you will lose your house!

You need to save $25,000 in the next 6 months, WHY?.... Because your daughter is getting married and you don't have a dime to pay for the wedding.

You need to save $50,000 by September '06, WHY?... because your son just got accepted to Harvard Medical School and you are his only supporter.

Only You know what's your BIG WHY, or you may have several BIG WHYS. Use it as motivation.

Famous Qoute: "It's not what you drive.. It's what drives you!"

#106673 - 12/08/05 04:18 PM Re: Door Knocking
stsmall Offline

Loc: Frederick, MD
Good point about being specific on the Big Why's. My comment about not mking any money was (mostly) tongue in cheek, but your advice is useful. I'm going to take it a step further, as you say. Thanks!

#106674 - 12/08/05 06:50 PM Re: Door Knocking
Jflynn Offline

as for being specific on the big whys, I suggest you read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It's the great-granddaddy of all business motivation books.

#106675 - 12/08/05 09:40 PM Re: Door Knocking
OBXbound Offline

Must depend on the geographical area - NOBODY I know of door knocks! Rural area - most people (including myself) probably would not even consider opening their door to a stranger standing on their porch! When I hear door knocking I think of vaccuum cleaner salemen from back in the 60's !

#106676 - 12/09/05 12:31 AM Re: Door Knocking
arielmonzon Offline

Loc: Lansdale, PA
Nobody door knocks out here either. I was thinking of hiring DJ's and give them to local companies for their years end parties.

#106677 - 12/09/05 02:47 AM Re: Door Knocking
L Offline

Loc: Newark Delaware
Heres a thought, if nobody is doing it (most likely because of the fear of rejection.... Maybe it would be a good idea.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (estatereal, locknmore, Long Walk, barb43, doug), 78 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7