I thought I'd share a couple of tips since us "oldies" are referred to as many different expletives & generally branded as unhelpful! Even an old dog can learn new tricks! This may be helpful to all members.. old & new!

This thread can be easily located or referred to via a simple search using the keywords.. Tips ~or~ Tricks

Just use the next number in sequence when posting a tip or trick.. #3, #4... It will be interesting to see how high the number will go!

Enjoy:

#1 Do you have a property that's new & you can't locate the details (sf, #br, #ba, etc) via MLS or tax search?

Call the local building permit department. They will have all the details on file and in my experience, have been really eager to help. I've gotten to know one of the ladies in my local one by first name and she even faxes me a summary detail if I need it.

It's helped me out several times and especially in one case where the BPO company kicked back a BPO as the subject info did not match the appraisal! They certainly believed the summary fax from the building department and approved my BPO immediately.

#2 Going crazy trying to remember all of your login user name/passwords?

Get RoboForm! http://www.roboform.com/ It stores all of them for you! I bought the RoboForm2Go version and it's on a USB key. All you have to do is click on Logins and select the web site. It automatically goes to the web site (as it stores the web site address as a link) and enters your user name & password! I like the portability of the USB version as I can use it at the office and bring it home as well. Nothing gets installed on your PC, just the USB key. This can also help you login faster for some of those orders!

If you have a useful tip to share, post it here. Let's try to keep his thread free of questions, only post tips & thank yous to contributors!

"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut